Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Quick Question: I've booked my upcoming package stay at POFQ with a travel agent. My package final payment date isn't until May 28th. My Canadian offer tickets are in my package and have not been added to my MDE yet. Will I have to pay in full before April 28 in order to make my FP+ reservations 60 days out?

Quick Question: I've booked my upcoming package stay at POFQ with a travel agent. My package final payment date isn't until May 28th. My Canadian offer tickets are in my package and have not been added to my MDE yet. Will I have to pay in full before April 28 in order to make my FP+ reservations 60 days out?

It's my understanding when you have a package that your tickets become active on your FP booking date. But check the fp thread in the theme park strategies section of this board to double check.

Just a heads up to anyone looking to upgrade their tickets on the day of arrival. I just spoke to Disney's customer service and they said it wasn't possible to do so. However they did refund me my tickets and are allowing me to rebuy them with more days this time around.
Not possible at all? I mean I assumed I would lose the discount. But why can't you add days to them at all?

Not possible at all? I mean I assumed I would lose the discount. But why can't you add days to them at all?

That is probably what she meant. However everyone here seems to be getting conflicting advice so I decided to err on the side of caution and get new tickets so I'd be guaranteed the discount.

We were able to do our FP+ selection and didn't pay in full. We did our FP+ on October 11th, and we paid in full by November 7th or something. Just before the election. So go ahead and book your FP+!! (based on your payment date, it looks like it's tomorrow or so.)

However, I was able to see everything on my MDE. So check that today. :)

Just in case anyone else was wondering about the current ticket offer and whether they'll ever expire, here it is from Disney:

Dear dis_guy,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We appreciate your interest in our Special Ticket Offer for Canadian Residents. You'll be excited to know that these tickets do not have an expiration date. Please note that once the tickets and any options purchased have been used, they will expire 14 days after the first date of usage.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

F******** R*****
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Guess I have until May 20 for the dollar to improve a bit...

I bought a 6 day base ticket from CAA in February for the 4 of us. If I wanted to add on a water park day, do you think I'd be able to do so at CAA before the promo is off?

I bought a 6 day base ticket from CAA in February for the 4 of us. If I wanted to add on a water park day, do you think I'd be able to do so at CAA before the promo is off?

Upgrades can only be done once you are at Disney. If you only want to go to the water park once, you will find it less expensive to pay for a separate water park admission. To add Water parks to your ticket you, at a minimum, will have to add the park hopper option and then the water park option. These will cost you $90 US. If you could get them using the Canadian discount you would be paying $68US. A one day admission to the water park is $62.

I mention at a minimum above because upgrading tickets is a little confusing at the moment. No one knows for certain how much you will be charged. You could lose your Canadian discount in doing the upgrade but maybe not, hence the confusion.

Is there somewhere at Disney Springs we can do the ID checks for the Canadian Resident discount?

I'd rather do it before our first park day so I don't have to worry about it when trying to get in the parks.

Correct, however, you can only turn a room only reservation into a ticket-less package if you book the room directly thru Disney in the first place. You don't have that option if you book thru a different method. The only way to get free dining is to follow the requirements outlined in the offer, but you can however, book a room for let's say a week and only get tickets for the minimum number required and then either not go to parks or use other ticket media for other days -- you don't need to have tickets for your entire length of stay.

I just want to make sure that other poster had all the information about creating a package that includes tickets purchased separately. Also worth noting that several of the discount sites are now charging for any modification to reservations -- I've had a few friends get burned by that!
I have a question about adding a discount to an RO reservation. Is RO discounts like FD in that there are only a limited amount of rooms available for the discount? We have an RO package that we added dining to before the prices went up this year. We also bought the Canadian discounted tickets and linked them to our reservation. If we are able to add a discount to our room for November would we have to pay the new prices for the dining plan as well? We are still hoping for FD at POR in November and would then save our tickets for another year. POR wasn't include for FD in November last year so RO discount looks like what will probably go with. We do save money even paying for the DDP because our 3 children are still young enough that we do mostly character meals. Thanks in advance for any help with these questions!:)

Is there somewhere at Disney Springs we can do the ID checks for the Canadian Resident discount?

I'd rather do it before our first park day so I don't have to worry about it when trying to get in the parks.

Yup, Guest Services at DS will do that for you.

I have a question about adding a discount to an RO reservation. Is RO discounts like FD in that there are only a limited amount of rooms available for the discount? We have an RO package that we added dining to before the prices went up this year. We also bought the Canadian discounted tickets and linked them to our reservation. If we are able to add a discount to our room for November would we have to pay the new prices for the dining plan as well? We are still hoping for FD at POR in November and would then save our tickets for another year. POR wasn't include for FD in November last year so RO discount looks like what will probably go with. We do save money even paying for the DDP because our 3 children are still young enough that we do mostly character meals. Thanks in advance for any help with these questions!:)
Let me *try* to help you figure this out...
Yes, the number of rooms available under room only discounts are limited, however i know from booking a room for our daughter that Disney applied the RO discount, ticket discount and dining plan to a room that was NOT showing on-line as included. Not sure why, how or what led to that discount but it was significant. They wanted to stay at POP and a standard room was not included in the stay play & dine package but we ended up with the that very configuration for less than one of the AllStar resorts.

I have noticed that the most recent release of discounts when you get to the ticket page it pops up with the CDN ticket discounted prices to choose from. I priced out a dummy reservation right now including tickets & dining and the savings using the current RO discount coupled with the ticket discount is $600.00 over the same room at regular prices.

Your family is in the dining plan sweet spot (young kids & multiple character meals) but this added twist will require math, lots & lots of math (Disney math, which at times requires a degree!) I would suggest using the "compare vacation" feature on the website to see what happens right now to your desired package to get a feel for how the ticket discount impacts. You also will need a super shiny crystal ball since we don't know yet if Free Dining will happen in November & if it is,which resorts will be included.

My suggestion, based on my personal experience, (and this goes back at least 6 - 8 months now!) is to call and spell out what you want --- i didn't have any luck trying to piece it together myself on-line. Have an idea of what the package will cost, what you're willing to spend and where you would be willing to stay if your 1st choice isn't available. (not sure if you're open to CBR or not but it is often cheaper than either of the POR resorts)

Good luck, and happy planning!

Let me *try* to help you figure this out...
Yes, the number of rooms available under room only discounts are limited, however i know from booking a room for our daughter that Disney applied the RO discount, ticket discount and dining plan to a room that was NOT showing on-line as included. Not sure why, how or what led to that discount but it was significant. They wanted to stay at POP and a standard room was not included in the stay play & dine package but we ended up with the that very configuration for less than one of the AllStar resorts.

I have noticed that the most recent release of discounts when you get to the ticket page it pops up with the CDN ticket discounted prices to choose from. I priced out a dummy reservation right now including tickets & dining and the savings using the current RO discount coupled with the ticket discount is $600.00 over the same room at regular prices.

Your family is in the dining plan sweet spot (young kids & multiple character meals) but this added twist will require math, lots & lots of math (Disney math, which at times requires a degree!) I would suggest using the "compare vacation" feature on the website to see what happens right now to your desired package to get a feel for how the ticket discount impacts. You also will need a super shiny crystal ball since we don't know yet if Free Dining will happen in November & if it is,which resorts will be included.

My suggestion, based on my personal experience, (and this goes back at least 6 - 8 months now!) is to call and spell out what you want --- i didn't have any luck trying to piece it together myself on-line. Have an idea of what the package will cost, what you're willing to spend and where you would be willing to stay if your 1st choice isn't available. (not sure if you're open to CBR or not but it is often cheaper than either of the POR resorts)

Good luck, and happy planning!

Thank-you so much for the reply! Yes I know I always did well in Math but I do think you might need a degree for Disney math, LOL! Thank-you I think I will price a vacation using the current RO discount with Canadian ticket discount to give me an idea. We have stayed at CBR before and while we like the resort we prefer POR.:) When the construction is done we might want to try CBR again. When the kids stay up for fireworks they like to sleep in a little the next day and I am worried the construction might wake them up!

Thank-you so much for the reply! Yes I know I always did well in Math but I do think you might need a degree for Disney math, LOL! Thank-you I think I will price a vacation using the current RO discount with Canadian ticket discount to give me an idea. We have stayed at CBR before and while we like the resort we prefer POR.:) When the construction is done we might want to try CBR again. When the kids stay up for fireworks they like to sleep in a little the next day and I am worried the construction might wake them up!
I really don't think that would be a problem, they rarely start construction before 8 and during larger renovations like these, they will (usually) take entire banks of buildings out of circulation, meaning you don't notice. We stayed at CBR during the last hard goods construction (all rooms other than pirate ones were completely gutted and re-furnished including the addition of Murphy beds in several rooms) and other than not being able to park in our village's lot, we weren't bothered. We tend to sleep well past 9 and once housekeeping realized this they even changed up the direction they took leaving ours till the end of shift.

I know this refurb is huge and several areas will be out of use (dining specifically) but i don't think it will impact any of the rooms since they completed those renovations 2-3 years ago ... they will be tearing down some buildings this time and i think if you are away from those you should be fine.

Has anyone bought their tickets through CAA? If you physically receive the exchange certificates through them, is there a number on them that you can link to MDE?

Yes, purchased from CAA. You get a green plastic card that says Exchange Certificate. You can link with the number on the back to your MDE - or call Disney and they will help link them (they advised me).

Reactions: CJK
Has anyone bought their tickets through CAA? If you physically receive the exchange certificates through them, is there a number on them that you can link to MDE?

Yes, purchased from CAA. You get a green plastic card that says Exchange Certificate. You can link with the number on the back to your MDE - or call Disney and they will help link them (they advised me).

For what it's worth, this is the exact same green card I received, ordering directly from Airmiles.

Reactions: CJK
So I have been trying to figure out which is the better deal for me. I have two different packages - Savory Summer Offer which includes one CS meal per person per night. Just myself and my niece (13, Adult for food and ticket). 10 nights at $2177.09.

Then I priced out the Summer Room Discount (couldn't get the same All Star Resort) and added the Canadian Resident Ticket and the price is $1,699.62. I have BoG booked for one morning (most expensive CS meal at $24 each). I did a guess as to how much the cost of food would be for us and came up with $600 (that's for 2 CS each per day). I'm not a big pop drinker and I'm fine with ice water with meals. I can use some Starbucks $ from doing Swagbucks for snacks and special drinks.

I'm leaning towards the Summer Room Discount with Canadian Ticket Deal and all meals out of pocket as it should save me some money.

So I have been trying to figure out which is the better deal for me. I have two different packages - Savory Summer Offer which includes one CS meal per person per night. Just myself and my niece (13, Adult for food and ticket). 10 nights at $2177.09.

Then I priced out the Summer Room Discount (couldn't get the same All Star Resort) and added the Canadian Resident Ticket and the price is $1,699.62. I have BoG booked for one morning (most expensive CS meal at $24 each). I did a guess as to how much the cost of food would be for us and came up with $600 (that's for 2 CS each per day). I'm not a big pop drinker and I'm fine with ice water with meals. I can use some Starbucks $ from doing Swagbucks for snacks and special drinks.

I'm leaning towards the Summer Room Discount with Canadian Ticket Deal and all meals out of pocket as it should save me some money.

I would definitely go with the Summer Room Discount plan. You may find that you won't even eat all the food you have budgeted for. Summer is hot,hot,hot and zaps your hunger (well Florida in summer does for me). I'm going in May and actually plan on eating a lot of the kids meals options at counter service (portions are more in line with the size of meals I eat at home). That or DH and I will split an adult meal and then add in a dessert (maybe).

The one counter service meal per night is not a great saving unless they can give your the Savory Summer offer with tickets at the Canadian discount rate (that would require a phone call to find out if its possible)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter