Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

I also purchased through website and I received an email confirmation that has scannable purchase code and instructions for redeeming at guest services. I expect to allow that to be scanned from my phone.
I also received that. I guess that's my exchange certificate.
Thanks.

So I'm curious how this works:

I bought the tickets, they are showing up in my MDE account etc....
I will buy Magic Bands ahead of time and link them to the tickets showing in my MDE account.
I will make my FP+ etc...
Then, our first day in WDW, I will go and exchange for the actual hard plastic tickets correct? And everything just basically virtually transfers over? My pre-purchased/linked Magic Bands will work etc?

Hi there! I'm here to report about our upgrade experience. I bought 6-day tickets at CAA (so before the price increase) with the canadian discount (25%). I first went to GS at Disney Springs to activate my tickets (need to show our passports to confirm we're canadian) for this promotion. I then asked about upgrading to AP and the CM quoted me a big price that I didn't like. I asked about the value of the ticket and he told me that since it was a discounted ticket he couldn't bridge it but I could get a credit for what I actually paid for it. I didn't go any further at that time. We then went to MK so we stopped by a ticket booth at TTC. The CM there was really nice but she basically told me the same thing. I asked about bridging and she really tried on the computer and then on the phone for a long while but could only credit me for what I actually paid for the ticket because of the canadian promo. We did end up upgrading our tickets to AP because we wanted to and because we really didn't want to spend any more of our precious vacation time over this.
So here it is! :goodvibes

If I purchase 6 day tickets and when I go to use I want to add more days, I'm guessing I don't pay a discounted rate correct? We have no set trips planned but know we want to go back so are thinking of grabbing some tickets for future...

If I purchase 6 day tickets and when I go to use I want to add more days, I'm guessing I don't pay a discounted rate correct? We have no set trips planned but know we want to go back so are thinking of grabbing some tickets for future...

Correct. There will be no discount. So, you paid $283.56 for an adult 6 day, basic ticket with the Canadian discount. And you get there and decide you want to upgrade to say an 8 day ticket, you will have to pay $163.74 per ticket to add on those two days (the price difference between what you paid, and what an 8 day ticket costs at full price). So your best bet is to err on the side of caution and buy as many days as you can afford now.

A question about magic bands: I have purchased park tickets (link in the OP), booked flights and Disney resort (both booked separately and not through Disney's website). When and how should I get my magic bands?

A question about magic bands: I have purchased park tickets (link in the OP), booked flights and Disney resort (both booked separately and not through Disney's website). When and how should I get my magic bands?

Magic bands are not shipped to Canada. We got ours when we checked into the hotel.

TL;DR

Can someone confirm that today is not the last day to buy these tix? I think I read somewhere pages before that May something is the last day to buy. Is that right?

Does anyone know if the airmiles discounted tickets will continue past today?

Does anyone know if the airmiles discounted tickets will continue past today?
NO, there's been lots of chatter about it on the Airmiles Alert thread but no-one has a concrete answer from the less-than-helpful customer service.

It's for both of us. I did consider Ogdensburg but it would require paying for parking at the airport there, more driving, paying for bags, and transfers, I didn't think it would be worth it for us. Plus the drive home after the flight. I'm saving a lot on Yacht Club and the tickets, although if we get luck and the MNSSHP is on September 1st I guess we'll be spending that savings. I normally only take carryon bags, though we may take one regular suitcase this time, haven't decided yet :)

I do really like that we have the option of Ogdensburg now though, I think the more competition the better.
Is that $973 each? You should consider flying from Ogdensburg which also flies direct. It's to SFB not MCO which can be a bit of a pain but flights are significantly cheaper. You can't buy that far ahead so prices for Aug 27 - Sep 3 aren't available yet but Aug 5 - Aug 12 is $187US (about $250CND depending on the conversion rate). It's Allegiant Air which does charge for pretty much anything and everything they can think of but I think if you are flying economy, the luggage fees are about the same (although Allegiant does charge for carry-on which is free on AC. Allegiant does allow a personal item.

I'm from Ogdensburg and I'm considering flying out of Ottawa or Syracuse. You can only fly two days out of the week from OGD and I fear the flight being canceled due to weather and having no other choice. My trip isn't until January so I have a lot of time to decide.

Hi there! I'm here to report about our upgrade experience. I bought 6-day tickets at CAA (so before the price increase) with the canadian discount (25%). I first went to GS at Disney Springs to activate my tickets (need to show our passports to confirm we're canadian) for this promotion. I then asked about upgrading to AP and the CM quoted me a big price that I didn't like. I asked about the value of the ticket and he told me that since it was a discounted ticket he couldn't bridge it but I could get a credit for what I actually paid for it. I didn't go any further at that time. We then went to MK so we stopped by a ticket booth at TTC. The CM there was really nice but she basically told me the same thing. I asked about bridging and she really tried on the computer and then on the phone for a long while but could only credit me for what I actually paid for the ticket because of the canadian promo. We did end up upgrading our tickets to AP because we wanted to and because we really didn't want to spend any more of our precious vacation time over this.
So here it is! :goodvibes
Can I ask you if you went thru a park gate and used the ticket first before asking about upgrade to AP? I was thinking about upgrading too if we decide to take another trip within the year.
I have gotten discounted tickets in the past thru Undercover Tourist and have used them a couple of days before upgrading them. I heard once you use them for entry before you upgrade they show up as full price ticket and you can bridge them. I'm not sure if this holds true for the Canadian tickets.

Thanks...I could not find that info anywhere on the Disney site. :|
So glad they extended offer till May, guess it's been pretty popular. And they haven't slapped that stupid new ticket exp. date on the Canadian tickets.
It would be great if they gave Canadians extra discounts on the resorts too, or CAD at par!

well it sucks they extended it for DW and not DL :(
Yes, glad I bought my DL tix already for Sept trip. Too bad they didn't extend offer, I may have added another trip to DL. But with their exp dates, may have been a little tricky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter