Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Can I ask you if you went thru a park gate and used the ticket first before asking about upgrade to AP? I was thinking about upgrading too if we decide to take another trip within the year.
I have gotten discounted tickets in the past thru Undercover Tourist and have used them a couple of days before upgrading them. I heard once you use them for entry before you upgrade they show up as full price ticket and you can bridge them. I'm not sure if this holds true for the Canadian tickets.

My understanding is that if u buy the tix directly from Disney, there is no bridging since they know the price. Of course, these were CAA tix, so a very interesting data point.

My understanding is that if u buy the tix directly from Disney, there is no bridging since they know the price. Of course, these were CAA tix, so a very interesting data point.
I'm not sure. I think using ticket first before trying to upgrade changes things, and they show up as full price tickets after they've been used. At least they used to. Guess I'll find out when I go.

I'm not sure. I think using ticket first before trying to upgrade changes things, and they show up as full price tickets after they've been used. At least they used to. Guess I'll find out when I go.
That used to be true but it's not anymore, you don't need to use the ticket beforehand to "lock-in" the value. I don't know if it would've helped since we didn't use it before but it might be worth a try anyway... :rolleyes:

Has anyone bought these where they don't plan on using them for several years? We are planning to go back in 2020 but were thinking of buying now to get the deal as the tickets don't expire. Are there any major risks with this?
Thanks!

Has anyone bought these where they don't plan on using them for several years? We are planning to go back in 2020 but were thinking of buying now to get the deal as the tickets don't expire. Are there any major risks with this?
Thanks!

We've already purchased one set to use for our trip in January 2018 but now that the offer was extended we will likely purchase for our big 2019 trip. I like the idea of the tickets being paid for well in advance, especially since we want to do 8 nights in a deluxe resort that trip.

As for risks, well there is the risk that the Canadian exchange rate will improve and lower the amount you actually saved on the tickets. Then again, ticket prices could go up (likely will) and the exchange rate could get worse. I have read though that if you upgrade the tickets (say to park hoppers or to add days) that you may have to pay the difference between what you actually paid and the current cost of that type of ticket so it is probably better to buy what you think you'll need now rather than risk needing to upgrade.

I bought without a plan to use them for probably 5 or more years. I figure with price increases I will have a better return on investment in these tix than in stocks!

The main risks is that if u want to upgrade, u will likely have to pay the difference between what u paid and current gate price, negating any savings. So I bought what I thought we would use - 10 day base tix. I still have 8 waterpark days on my nonexpiring tix so felt I wouldn't need that add-on.

Its transferable before it is used so I figure at worst, I can sell the tix for what I paid.

If I had a clearer picture of other trips in mind, I would probably buy more. But I really like the free dining promo and that requires tix at full price.

Thanks!
I purchased 4 adult and 3 child tickets for Disney World that I currently have no plans to use in the immediate future. My daughters are currently 1.5 and almost 4 years old. We are going to Disneyland this summer and using 3 day hopper passes we got with our Airmiles. I'm currently at 2000 Airmiles, so the plan is to get another non-expiring child OR adult ticket before they raise the Airmiles price again (around May 20th presumably).

Hi, I bought these tickets... anyone know if I can get them activated at the Imternatiomal Gateway?

Hi There!

Sorry if this has been asked already. Does anyone know if you can use your NEXUS Card and a driver's license as your proof of residency or does it HAVE to be a passport?

Thanks!

Hi There!

Sorry if this has been asked already. Does anyone know if you can use your NEXUS Card and a driver's license as your proof of residency or does it HAVE to be a passport?

Thanks!
I would imagine that would be sufficient since they accept that combination of ID for proof of age to purchase alcohol .. and it clearly states on the posted plaques (i have a picture somewhere in my 2,800 that i took last month :eek: ) that NEXUS is valid only For Canadian Guests --- the duh factor is large with that statement!!

found my picture

upload_2017-3-8_19-52-22.png

Last edited:
Hi there. I bought my tickets several thread pages and a month or more ago - so I stopped following. Now I'm thinking about buying more since it's been extended. What's the verdict on expiry dates? Is there indeed an expiry date or can I buy them and save them for a trip in 2-3 years (or more).

Thank you!

I would imagine that would be sufficient since they accept that combination of ID for proof of age to purchase alcohol .. and it clearly states on the posted plaques (i have a picture somewhere in my 2,800 that i took last month :eek: ) that NEXUS is valid only For Canadian Guests --- the duh factor is large with that statement!!

found my picture

View attachment 224286

Thanks for the pic! Do you think a copy of passport and the Nexus card are sufficient? I don't want to carry the passport around but I am worried that they want the passport.

Thanks for the pic! Do you think a copy of passport and the Nexus card are sufficient? I don't want to carry the passport around but I am worried that they want the passport.

Does the Nexus card display an address? Nexus is available to US residents, so without an address it doesn't offer any proof of residency at all. Of course, neither does a passport; there are plenty of non-resident Canadian citizens in the world.

If you really don't want to take a passport, I would suggest that you write to Disney, print the response, and take it with you to Guest Services, along with whatever documentation they agree is acceptable. Might take a few days to get a response though.

Does the Nexus card display an address? Nexus is available to US residents, so without an address it doesn't offer any proof of residency at all. Of course, neither does a passport; there are plenty of non-resident Canadian citizens in the world.

If you really don't want to take a passport, I would suggest that you write to Disney, print the response, and take it with you to Guest Services, along with whatever documentation they agree is acceptable. Might take a few days to get a response though.

Passports don't have a printed address on it either (you write it in on a page). Yes Nexus is available to Americans, but both Canadian and American cards show Citizenship similar to what is shown in a passport. I highly doubt that CMs will know how to look at a Nexus card or even know what one is.

NEXUSCard.png
nexus-card.jpg

I'm curious to know this too, but since I'll be down there soon I will report back if this works (much to my chagrin, I'll be sure to keep passports with us).

Passports don't have a printed address on it either (you write it in on a page). Yes Nexus is available to Americans, but both Canadian and American cards show Citizenship similar to what is shown in a passport. I highly doubt that CMs will know how to look at a Nexus card or even know what one is.

NEXUSCard.png
nexus-card.jpg

I'm curious to know this too, but since I'll be down there soon I will report back if this works (much to my chagrin, I'll be sure to keep passports with us).

Thanks! Have a magical trip!

I no longer see the ad that said these discounted Canadian vouchers would not expire. Can someone send me the link to this ad. I would like to buy some in advance for future trips but it worries me that they no longer advertise that they won't expire. I do see , when I click on the view detail, it says they have to be used by December 2018.

Hi disneydreamgirl, Thank you for the link. Did you notice that the wording has changed and it no longer says that the vouchers don't expire?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter