Canadian DVC Members - 198 - List on Page 1

Canadian Harmony

DIS Veteran
I asked this over in the DVC forum but as I'm Canadian, things are slightly different.

I really want DH to check it out when we're there in March. I'm considering waiting til our travel trailer is paid out (2 years or so) and then buying at the new Disneyland DVC when it opens as we're west coasters.

A friend is a DVC owner and she suggested I get 100points direct to get the perks (because I am an AP holder for the discounts mostly), then buy any more I'd want at resale. I checked out Aulani, and could get another 72 for a reasonable rate, however the two together is as much as a new car!

Do we need to get financing through an American bank, or can we get a loan through a Canadian institution?

Details would be welcome.

SMC23

Earning My Ears
Just found our forum. Please add me to the Canuck list. Happy DVC owner since 2018.

100pt CCV direct and we’re now hooked. Thinking of adding more points direct shortly.

gskywalker

Mouseketeer
I asked this over in the DVC forum but as I'm Canadian, things are slightly different.

I really want DH to check it out when we're there in March. I'm considering waiting til our travel trailer is paid out (2 years or so) and then buying at the new Disneyland DVC when it opens as we're west coasters.

A friend is a DVC owner and she suggested I get 100points direct to get the perks (because I am an AP holder for the discounts mostly), then buy any more I'd want at resale. I checked out Aulani, and could get another 72 for a reasonable rate, however the two together is as much as a new car!

Do we need to get financing through an American bank, or can we get a loan through a Canadian institution?

Details would be welcome.
I can't help on the financing. I assume that anyone who wants financing from the States would use the rate financing they have at disney which is quite high, something around 10% or higher. At home I would think it would be something like a HELOC(home equity line of credit) or a regular LOC. If there is another option with a good mortgage rate I am definitely interested when we add to our current contract.

We bought a 75 point contract at OKW in Sept mainly for the Annual Pass Benefits. It cost us 16k CDN and we saved 4k CDN on this years annual passes alone(7 annual passes). I want to buy more on resale but will likely wait until the dollar improves.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.