Canadian Disney Gift Cards for trip?

When I get to my resort can I load the gift cards onto my account attached to the magic bands? Wouldnt that help with mobile ordering fees?
yes it would help but sorry, you can only attach a credit card to your account. Just use your band and then go to the front desk occasionally and pay your balance with the cards

When I get to my resort can I load the gift cards onto my account attached to the magic bands? Wouldnt that help with mobile ordering fees?

I don't believe you can load them onto your account, at least not from what I have read. Mobile ordering can only be paid by credit card or the dining plan. Mobile ordering doesn't get charged to your room. You can use the gift cards to pay down your balance at the desk for things you do charge.

That is too bad about mobile ordering. I thought it went to your account like all magic band stuff. I always just go pay it off nightly. Thought I could add the cards on but I will just use them to pay off daily.

I just added another card to my account.
My full $1000 CDN card is showing $756 US, partial card showing $225CDN.
When you fill a card to its limit, does it automatically do that? Show it in US?

PS - the Snipping Tool is amazing.

I just added another card to my account.
My full $1000 CDN card is showing $756 US, partial card showing $225CDN.
When you fill a card to its limit, does it automatically do that? Show it in US?

PS - the Snipping Tool is amazing.

View attachment 453072

The snipping tool is a total game changer!!

Anytime I’ve had Canadian cards on there, they show in USD. If I add a new one then often it shows the Canadian amount, but usually for both, not just one. I haven’t had one maxed out though so that may be the difference.

Any NS gift card seekers: the Shoppers in Bedford (by Sunnyside Mall) has plenty of the loadable - up to $500 - cards in stock as of today 😊

I'm going to buy some USD gift cards on the Disney website and they wont mail physical cards to Canada so I'll get the e-card. When I get to Disneyworld and want to buy a t-shirt, how do I pay for it without a physical card?
Thanks,
Tony

I'm going to buy some USD gift cards on the Disney website and they wont mail physical cards to Canada so I'll get the e-card. When I get to Disneyworld and want to buy a t-shirt, how do I pay for it without a physical card?
Thanks,
Tony

Why don't you buy Disney gift cards in Canada? They work well at Disney World. Plus you save the exchange fee that your credit card will charge if you buy a U.S. e-card.

Trying to buy a USD e-gift card on the Disney website. They wont ship USD gift cards to Canada so I have to buy an e-card. No problem, but when I go to checkout, they ask for a shipping address, I give them my address so I can get to the payment page, but when I try to use PayPal that site says the merchant wont ship to Canada, go back to merchant page. I don't want it shipped to my physical address but to my email address.
What am I doing wrong?
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Tony

Trying to buy a USD e-gift card on the Disney website. They wont ship USD gift cards to Canada so I have to buy an e-card. No problem, but when I go to checkout, they ask for a shipping address, I give them my address so I can get to the payment page, but when I try to use PayPal that site says the merchant wont ship to Canada, go back to merchant page. I don't want it shipped to my physical address but to my email address.
What am I doing wrong?
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Tony
Not sure why it is doing that. I would close out and start over. I know that I have purchased E-cards from the website and didn't have any issues....other than they made me call my CC company to verify the purchase before they sent it.
When I did get it I just went to the gift card web site and added it to one of the cards I have. It was a Canadian card but it was an empty card so it loaded in US funds with no problems. That was two years ago. Since then I have not seen any advantage for me to bother with GC's. YMMV.

Bump
Anyone else hoping for a Disney Gift Card for Christmas.?
Hugs
Mel
No, but we're giving a big disney gc to my step son and family. We've been saving to take them, but they keep having kids!! LOL 3rd one was unplanned, so it's throwing us off by a couple of years, but I'm hoping for early Dec 2021. Going forward they're getting Disney GCs for presents, so they can use them towards their tickets at least. The kids have 4 sets of grandparents, two great grandparents, one great great grandma, aunts, uncles. They get way too much stuff, so it's going to be minimal gifts, then $$ towards trips! This is why I NEED to buy DVC so we can do this every few years at least. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!