Canadian Buffoon's Sweet 16 Celebration - Update 01/28 - The End

I never get tired of your trip reports and I'm fairly sure I've been a quiet follower since the beginning or close to it. I am admittedly one of those that comes and goes from the Disboards but your trip reports are the first thing I seek out when I come back. I may not join in on the in between chatter but I thoroughly enjoy your writing style so I tend to just read the chapters. I would completely understand if you wanted to take a hiatus from writing as I'm sure it is quite a bit of work to keep up with, but my vote goes to keep writing.:-)

I know I don't comment often, (usually not at all), but I enjoy your writing style and look forward to a pkondz update. So I say continue, please. Final choice is ultimately yours, but I would enjoy it if you wrote about your adventures, disney or otherwise. :)

Thank you! For a steady stream of entertaining distraction! Sometimes it's just more fun to read about your adventures than it is to do homework. Well...most times, really.

Such a glowing compliment.
My TR is occasionally better
than doing homework!

:lmao:

I'm sure I speak for more than just myself when I say how much we enjoy and appreciate you and your stories! :hug:

Thank you.
That's very kind.

But nooo...of course not!! Those lovely girls of yours had to get their good looks from somewhere!

They did!
Their mother.

Um...nope.

You're not off the hook yet! Everyone needs a break from time to time, and if that's you, then by all means take it. You deserve it. But I'm still interested in reading more about your travels!

Thank you.
I find myself in need
of a bit of a pick me up.

Congrats to Liesa! I put in a valiant effort, but if I had to be bested by someone, @Steppesister is an excellent opponent!

You did very well!

Thoroughly enjoyed all the effort and sharing you have given us.

Thanks, Donna. :)

Hoping to have two handed typing soon for better replies, but even after my arm is healed I will never be able to see all your little photo treats!

Had to make it a bit tougher
for the finale.

How is your arm?
Will you be out of the cast
in time for your trip?

Uhh... type Y for yes
and N for no.

Wait... that involves
two keys....
Hit Caps Lock first.

Dang it! I can’t believe you piled in 10 hidden gems. I should’ve combed the pictures harder!

I usually try to make the last one
a bit more of a challenge.

And don’t stop writing!

I love your writing and reading about your trips. I’ve said it before, but I’ll tell you again. Your first TR with Kay for her trip to WDW was my inspiration for doing the same thing with each of my girls for their 5th birthdays.

Wow.
I'm... very honoured.
I'm glad that you felt
my writing was inspiring
in whatever form.

I’m literally at Disney right now on that trip with my oldest and we’re having the best trip so far! She’s had so much fun and declared each day “BEST. DAY. EVER!!!”

:goodvibes
That's great!
So glad to hear
you are both having
such a good time. :)

I wouldn’t be here if not for your TRs. So again. Thank you!

No... Thank you.

I never get tired of your trip reports

Thank you!

and I'm fairly sure I've been a quiet follower since the beginning or close to it.

You have!
You first posted on my
second TR, back in
September of '13.

I am admittedly one of those that comes and goes from the Disboards but your trip reports are the first thing I seek out when I come back.

Really?
That's...

Very flattering.
Thank you.

I may not join in on the in between chatter but I thoroughly enjoy your writing style so I tend to just read the chapters.

And there is no requirement
to do so.
This is a no pressure TR.
They all are.

However...

I would completely understand if you wanted to take a hiatus from writing as I'm sure it is quite a bit of work to keep up with, but my vote goes to keep writing.:-)

... Thank you.
I am finding myself
in need of a bit
of encouragement.

I know I don't comment often, (usually not at all),

Hello, stranger.
Has anyone exploded
into confetti for you yet?

Nice to see you again. :)

but I enjoy your writing style and look forward to a pkondz update.

Thank you.

So I say continue, please. Final choice is ultimately yours, but I would enjoy it if you wrote about your adventures, disney or otherwise. :)

Thank you.
Your support is greatly
appreciated.

They did!
Their mother.

You're a lucky man to be surrounded by such lovely ladies!

Thank you.
I find myself in need
of a bit of a pick me up.

Ignore spelling in favour of the message:

BAVRWgL.png

But, in all seriousness, you're reaching a lot of people here who are enjoying your TRs! Don't let us pressure you, by any means, but please let us encourage you! If you can still find enjoyment in writing these reports, know that there are still lots of people who are taking enjoyment from reading them. It's unfortunate to lose readers along the way, but you also pick up new ones, like me!

I will chime in to say that I don't comment often because I'm on and off the DIS and can never seem to keep up but personally I would devastated if you quit writing them. I love your TRs!

All good things
must come to an end.

People say that all the time. But don't all bad things end, too?

And crappy things
like this TR, too.

Right. Like I said.

I mean, uh, don't say things like that!

Dealing with Kay both
the good and the bad.
(Hmmm... makes me "the ugly"
no surprise there, though.)

Hey, if either of us is surrounded by females, this is going to be our position. It is what it is.

I've been writing continuously
for almost six years now.
That surprises even me.
At your urging, I began to write
about my first adventure
in April of 2012 and
haven't stopped since.

Well, not my urging specifically. I missed the first few. Sorry about that.

But maybe it's time to
give it a rest?
A pause, or hiatus?
Perhaps a full stop.

But...but...why??

Unless it's overwhelming or you're stressed out. I totally get that.

I've had many, many regulars
disappear and reappear.
I've had some just vanish altogether.

Well, that's probably not your fault. Probably.

Honestly, it happens all the time. I think it's just life. People have time for the boards, and then they don't. Sometimes their life circumstances change, sometimes they lose interest. Could be any number of reasons.

It's always a bit distressing
when a long time, frequent
contributor disappears.
You wonder, as a writer,
if you've somehow offended them.

::yes:: Been there. It's hard to read tone online. There are bound to be some misinterpretations. Every once in a while I read a response and think, "Uh oh. Did I do something to totally p--- this guy/woman off?"

As a writer, you can't not prevent
offending someone at some time.
People are far too wonderful
in their myriad ways and wants
to not occasionally disagree
with your opinion or position.

It doesn't make it any easier,
but it does make it understandable.

Especially if you're trying to be funny. I've had more than one joke blow up in my face. I try to pick innocuous targets for my humor, or poke fun at myself most of all. But every joke has a target, and sometimes the targets don't appreciate it. Oops. All you can do is apologize when you mess up.

Last summer, I planned a road trip
that started out as a quick jaunt to
Milwaukee and back.
Just over 1,570 miles, round trip.

That quickly morphed into
a road trip including
four separate DISmeets
and 3,700 miles of driving.
And yes... I did drive
1,000 miles out of my way
for a DISmeet.
(1,002 to be precise.)

:eek: That must have been some DIS Meet!

But I've written about those before.
Travel. Disney. Meets.

So have we all. And we keep coming back for more!

Is it worthwhile to keep writing?
Perhaps it's getting stale for you,
dear reader.

Perhaps it's time to let other,
more talented and more fresh
writers have their say.
I'll leave it up to you.

You're certainly one of the best storytellers I've met on the boards. Definitely the funniest. And you're a friend. I, for one, would miss hearing your voice around here. I'm always interested in hearing what you're up to.

I also appreciate the fact that you bring variety to your reports. Lots of different places to visit--it always keeps things interesting!

Steppesister - 1,550
Captain_Oblivious - 1,425

Dagnabbit! No-good ricken' fricken'...

I mean, uh, congratulations, @Steppesister ! :goodvibes

This is what I was waiting for. The gracious (in an Oblivious sort of way) concession speech from my worthy opponent. And now, because I think it's the right thing to do having won last time too, I am bestowing my winnings to the Estimable @Captain_Oblivious . Then, when we meet up in Bryce, we can duke it out over the check, should we decide on a Dinner DISMeet. :lmao:

PK- Thank you for the wonderful writing style, friendship, wit, photography prowess, and all-around general fun you bring to the Boards. I would greatly miss your Reports, but having been in this exact same funk a few months back, I do understand. Hosting a thread takes time (A. LOT. of time), effort, a degree of occasional frustration, and dedication to run. I get that. Only you can decide if you need a break to just enjoy being a poster on others' threads. Like Mark said, if it's become stressful or a chore, we'd all understand. If they still give you satisfaction and you enjoy the banter of your readers, then you have your answer. Sometimes we all need some encouragement; other times, we need a kick in the butt.

As for this TR, it was really nice to read things from your perspective. Yes, I was on this trip along with @franandaj but not for most. It was fun to hear your thoughts on DLR having been your first time there. Thanks for sharing.... everything. I really enjoyed it!

I'm so sorry I got terribly behind due to the holidays. I've been slowly catching up. Of course I don't get caught up on yours until it ends. This just goes to show how very much everyone enjoys your reporting. Yours was one of the reports I'm having the longest time getting caught up on.

I've been reading reports on and off for many years. I can honestly say your writing style is right up there with the best. I rank it right up there with ZZUB. If you have ever read one of his entertaining reports you will agree. So if you can find the time to keep writing I will try to keep reading.

I'm sorry I missed the contest and comments. I would like to say I have been to a few Cons with my youngest. She likes to cosplay or dress up. I went to chaperone her and people watch. I got lots of pictures and met interesting people. I even had a Dismeet in New Orleans with Marc and Anita while DD did her thing. Now that she's 18 I don't have to tag along.

If you do start writing I'll need some time to get caught up. We leave for WDW in 11 sleeps.

You're a lucky man to be surrounded by such lovely ladies!

::yes::

Ignore spelling in favour of the message:

:laughing: Okay.

Yuss!

But, in all seriousness, you're reaching a lot of people here who are enjoying your TRs! Don't let us pressure you, by any means, but please let us encourage you! If you can still find enjoyment in writing these reports, know that there are still lots of people who are taking enjoyment from reading them.

Thank you.
I am finding myself
in need of a bit of encouragement.

It's unfortunate to lose readers along the way, but you also pick up new ones, like me!

You are quite right. :goodvibes

Yes, I will be better.

Good!!!

The trick now will be to trying to book a trip. I got lucky once with a last minute package deal, so the battle is now to try to be patient and wait for a last minute deal that may never materialize, or book and pay the price.

Hopefully something will come up for you. :)

Ariane did a few quotes for me,

Ariane?

but I don't want to waste any more of her time on my constant dilly dallying. I have too much time to overthink right now!

:laughing:

People say that all the time. But don't all bad things end, too?

It sure doesn't feel like it sometimes!

Right. Like I said.

I mean, uh, don't say things like that!

Hey, if either of us is surrounded by females, this is going to be our position. It is what it is.

It's a truism.
They're just prettier than we are.

Well, not my urging specifically. I missed the first few. Sorry about that.

But you've been a very constant
and appreciated reader ever since.

But...but...why??

Unless it's overwhelming or you're stressed out. I totally get that.

Not overwhelming or stressful.
Just...
Well....

I guess I just need a bit
of encouragement.

Well, that's probably not your fault. Probably.

Honestly, it happens all the time. I think it's just life. People have time for the boards, and then they don't. Sometimes their life circumstances change, sometimes they lose interest. Could be any number of reasons.

I know.
And yet...

I still worry.

::yes:: Been there. It's hard to read tone online. There are bound to be some misinterpretations. Every once in a while I read a response and think, "Uh oh. Did I do something to totally p--- this guy/woman off?"

Yes. I had one not long ago.
And I always feel badly.

Especially if you're trying to be funny. I've had more than one joke blow up in my face. I try to pick innocuous targets for my humor, or poke fun at myself most of all. But every joke has a target, and sometimes the targets don't appreciate it. Oops. All you can do is apologize when you mess up.

I've been the "victim" of that,
but hope I haven't been the
instigator of it.

But very probably have.

:eek: That must have been some DIS Meet!

::yes::

It absolutely was!

So have we all. And we keep coming back for more!

:)

You're certainly one of the best storytellers I've met on the boards. Definitely the funniest.

Um... dude...

I believe you have that title.

And you're a friend. I, for one, would miss hearing your voice around here. I'm always interested in hearing what you're up to.

Thanks, Mark.

I also appreciate the fact that you bring variety to your reports. Lots of different places to visit--it always keeps things interesting!

Okay. That's good to know.
I sometimes wonder
"It's a Disney site.
Does anyone care about this?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter