Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

I really enjoyed our experience with Chef Mickey's but we felt that the price didn't match it.

The other place was Flying Fish, was let down by that place.

For me my biggest letdown was LeCellier. For two years on the DIS I kept reading about all these rave reviews where people were saying the Mushroom Filet was the most incredible steak they have ever had; often describing it as that of an out of body experience (OK, a little exaggeration). But when we went there, what a big let down.

While waiting 30 minutes past our ADR, we kept seeing people attempting to walk in to dine only to be turned away and then having CM's joke about them afterwards once they left. We were seating next to the entrance leading to the rest rooms and right next to the server station. We asked politely if we could be moved to a different location and that we were willing to wait longer and was told we could not. I asked to talk to the manager and she came out and told us it was there or we could go somewhere else that evening. Again we were polite and these were her exact words. We had a constant flow of people walking and bumping into us on their way to the restroom. We had constant clanging of silverware at the station and servers complaining to each other about how their table guests were or how long they are taking or how cheap they were with their tip.

As for the food? it was nothing like I was expecting. The steak was cooked fine and it was decent. But the mushroom sauce to me was like Campbells Mushroom soup poured over the steak and on a bed of Minute Rice called Risotto. If it was just the filet without all the other stuff around it I'd give it a solid 6 out of 10. I'll admit this was just prior to LeCellier going signature, but it was such a terrible experience and one of the few I've ever had at a Disney restaurant I'd call terrible that I highly doubt I will ever give it a second try. I make the walk over to Yachtsman Steakhouse when I'm at Epcot when I want a steak.

For me my biggest letdown was LeCellier. For two years on the DIS I kept reading about all these rave reviews where people were saying the Mushroom Filet was the most incredible steak they have ever had; often describing it as that of an out of body experience (OK, a little exaggeration). But when we went there, what a big let down.

While waiting 30 minutes past our ADR, we kept seeing people attempting to walk in to dine only to be turned away and then having CM's joke about them afterwards once they left. We were seating next to the entrance leading to the rest rooms and right next to the server station. We asked politely if we could be moved to a different location and that we were willing to wait longer and was told we could not. I asked to talk to the manager and she came out and told us it was there or we could go somewhere else that evening. Again we were polite and these were her exact words. We had a constant flow of people walking and bumping into us on their way to the restroom. We had constant clanging of silverware at the station and servers complaining to each other about how their table guests were or how long they are taking or how cheap they were with their tip.

As for the food? it was nothing like I was expecting. The steak was cooked fine and it was decent. But the mushroom sauce to me was like Campbells Mushroom soup poured over the steak and on a bed of Minute Rice called Risotto. If it was just the filet without all the other stuff around it I'd give it a solid 6 out of 10. I'll admit this was just prior to LeCellier going signature, but it was such a terrible experience and one of the few I've ever had at a Disney restaurant I'd call terrible that I highly doubt I will ever give it a second try. I make the walk over to Yachtsman Steakhouse when I'm at Epcot when I want a steak.

I am eating at Le Cellier for the vert 1st time this coming trip. I have read many poor reviews on it. I have fingers crossed and hope it works out good. With that said I had a great filet mignon my 1st visit at YS. Second trip was a disaster. Poor waiter who could care less and the meal was very salty. I was disappointed to say the least. To date Shula's is my favorite steakhouse. I highly recommend it.

I am eating at Le Cellier for the vert 1st time this coming trip. I have read many poor reviews on it. I have fingers crossed and hope it works out good. With that said I had a great filet mignon my 1st visit at YS. Second trip was a disaster. Poor waiter who could care less and the meal was very salty. I was disappointed to say the least. To date Shula's is my favorite steakhouse. I highly recommend it.

Shula's is an excellent Steakhouse and go there when I'm paying OOP. When I'm on the DDP I will visit Yachtsman. As for LeCellier, I always tell people to go and try something out for themselves, I may not like it but others may. So many love LeCellier, I don't. I've read so many say how they hate San Angel Inn, I love it! Just an example. I hope you have a great experience at LeCellier and share on the DIS how great your time was there. :goodvibes

Shula's is an excellent Steakhouse and go there when I'm paying OOP. When I'm on the DDP I will visit Yachtsman. As for LeCellier, I always tell people to go and try something out for themselves, I may not like it but others may. So many love LeCellier, I don't. I've read so many say how they hate San Angel Inn, I love it! Just an example. I hope you have a great experience at LeCellier and share on the DIS how great your time was there. :goodvibes
I could wait to eat at San Angel for years. Finally I did last trip and it might have bene one of the nastiest meals I ever had in my life. I also couldn't see crap in the place. To each there own and that's the way it goes. I love mexican food but wow that was awful. I don't think I would ever give any other Mexican restaurant a chance. I ever had a awful taco at food and wine. I always pay oop for Shula's. I am not eating there this trip but I hope I don't regret it.

Rose and Crown was a disappointment to us, as we went in expecting authentic British food - unfortunately, the food wasn’t the same as back home.

We weren’t big fans of Be Our Guest, as we were seated in the empty side room and felt like we missed out on the restaurant’s ambience.

Cinderella’s Royal Table also perhaps didn’t stand out as we had expected it to. The food options paled compared to Akershus, and the service wasn’t good - I’m guessing in part due to the fact that gratuity was already included in the cost of the meal.

For those that hate Le Cellier, would you rather eat at YS or Shula's?
I don't hate Le Cellier but I do think it's overhyped. The food isn't 5 star like people make it out to be. It's better than average Disney table service, the servers can be hit or miss but they are generally better than most TS waiters. I would put Yachtsman and Jiko head and shoulders above Le Cellier. I haven't been to Shulas.

I don't hate Le Cellier but I do think it's overhyped. The food isn't 5 star like people make it out to be. It's better than average Disney table service, the servers can be hit or miss but they are generally better than most TS waiters. I would put Yachtsman and Jiko head and shoulders above Le Cellier. I haven't been to Shulas.
Thanks for feedback. I love Shula's and I might have had best ever meal there. With that said I have never eaten at Le Cellier and I am hoping for the best. I like YS, but last time there it was just ok. The knock I here about Le Cellier is that the price for the food is too high. I am hoping I don't regret the ADR.

BOG, both breakfast and dinner. Sadly never had a lunch there, but heard its the best meal of the day for them. Glad I got to eat inside, got pictures with the beast too. No need to ever go back.

I guess this is why we go for the atmosphere or experience and hope for the best. I try to keep everyone's expectations as far as food goes low. Honestly if we weren't on the dining plan we would do quick service nearby where we were touring and maybe a couple of character breakfasts for the kiddos-these have all seemed to be fairly consistent in having something everybody thought was good, and character breakfasts on your last day are a great way to leave on a high note. But I have never liked Cosmic Ray's as a quick service.

I guess this is why we go for the atmosphere or experience and hope for the best. I try to keep everyone's expectations as far as food goes low. Honestly if we weren't on the dining plan we would do quick service nearby where we were touring and maybe a couple of character breakfasts for the kiddos-these have all seemed to be fairly consistent in having something everybody thought was good, and character breakfasts on your last day are a great way to leave on a high note. But I have never liked Cosmic Ray's as a quick service.
Me either. Food is just average.

Dinner at Ohana. Truly, truly awful. We knew it would be a long wait even with an ADR, but once we were finally seated the bread was cold and underbaked. The noodles were gummy. All the meats were WAY overdone. I got seconds when I didn’t ask for them and the server actually served them directly into my pile of shrimp shells. Gross. I think people here are confusing quantity for quality. I didn’t even think the dessert was anything special.

Lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby was a close second though. I actually sent an entree back for the first time in my life because it was clearly so overdone. Ick. (At least the grapefruit cake was yummy.)

Via Napoli - I did not care for their pizza at all. Was so disappointed as everyone else seemed to love it. And it was so danged noisy I couldn't hear myself think. Will not go back
I mentioned this earlier in the thread. The pizza there was disgusting. We will never go back, or at the very least, never order pizza there again.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. The pizza there was disgusting. We will never go back, or at the very least, never order pizza there again.

That is a shame. The pizza that I had was good. It was the service that was crappy. They do not seem to care at all.

Storybook Dining with Snow White at Artist Point. Family including myself, husband and daughters age 14 and 18 agreed that it was the worst dinner we'd ever had at Disney. We all agreed that we will never return. The food was awful. We disliked all of the shared appetizers and all of the shared desserts - read up on them - they were... strange... and not good. We all disliked the entrees which included Prime Rib w/horseradish mashed a popover and Veal Shank w/celery mashed. The Prime Rib looked awful and was not good quality. It is the only time I've eaten Prime Rib where I felt "grossed out" by the look of the meat on my plate. I enjoyed the horseradish mashed, but others did not (the horseradish is very strong). The popover was well done, but no one in our party likes popovers other than my husband (they are bland, slimy and gross, in my opinion). The Veal Shank was basically a bowl of pot roast on top of mashed potatoes. Grumpy and Snow White were not in attendance (but it wouldn't have made a difference if they had been). Dopey was cute and the Evil Queen was awesome. $300 (without cocktails) for awful food. We all said that we'd have rather just gone back over to Whispering Canyon for a burger. On the flip side, we all unanimously enjoyed: CRT Dinner, BOG Dinner, Yachtsman Steakhouse.

I’m so sorry you experienced that and felt that way. It wasn’t because of your son’s disability. What I’ve learned since is that Y&Y is a Landry’s restaurant. So people with Landry’s cards are guaranteed the next available seat even over reservations. While I may be ok with that at T-Rex or Rainforest at DS or elsewhere in the country I don’t find it acceptable at a restaurant inside a park that people have booked at 180 days. Even if I had a card I could never do that to the crowd of people waiting. So I doubt we will ever do it again.

My husband stayed by the door, so they definitely couldn’t miss him. He stayed visible and present and we still waited 90 minutes. We weren’t alone. There were about 20 or more others waiting the same amount of time as us.

I don’t think it’s right. Book less tables and leave a section for your Landry’s customers but don’t be making those of us who booked wait. It we waltzed up 90 minutes late and expected our table they’d laugh and turn us away and rightly so, so why is it acceptable for them to treat us that way?

But much as it sucks I hope it sets your mind at ease that it wasn’t about your son’s disability. They may have needed to keep you waiting a little longer for a table to accommodate his chair but only for that reason, and definitely not that kind of time.
Wow, good to know that reservations mean nothing here. I do not want to waste my time and money going somewhere that allows for "Unknown" preferences with reservations. I've heard great things about this place, but will avoid it on our upcoming trip. Thanks for the heads up. It seems such things are getting out of hand at Disney and they allow it. This is a black spot on Disney's honesty toward their guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts