Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

Tutto Italia, rushed service and so-so food. Our food was on the table less than 10 minutes from ordering & was just so-so in taste.

Be Our Guest lunch. The braised pork was so bland, I actually asked for a manager to take it back. He insisted it was the same recipe from when the restaurant first opened. I retorted that something else must've changed, because it wasn't this bad when the restaurant first opened.

Ohana was a huge letdown. Food was just fair and courses were rushed, yet we couldn't get drink refills.

Peco Bills. Gross.... just gross.

We found Flame Tree to be overhyped. We got combo platters which looked huge, but turned out to be mostly bones. What little meat there was tasted fine, but we vastly prefer Harambe Market for ribs now.

Tiffins - went there for a (hopefully) nice lunch as we would be there all day (unusual, as we never eat anything at AK but CS). The check for dh & I was near $100 before tax or tip and no drinks as we prefer water.

Will not go back. Dh had what they 'called' a wagyu steak (which definitely was not, as we knew impossible at that price). Really don't know how they can get by with calling it that. Anyway, both of our meals were so small that we were not satisfied at all, and we are not appetizer or dessert people - prefer to have a snack/dessert later. We are also small people and don't like extra large meals at one time. Anyhoo, for us it was a bust.

California Grill for dinner. I was really excited to try it and watch the fireworks. The food was good, but the service was beyond terrible. We tried going a second time a few months later, it was worse than the first time and we will never go back. Brunch was great though.

Coral Reef. Everything was really bland, to the point of being flavorless, EXCEPT the shrimp and grits, which was fabulous.
Skipper Canteen. Don't get me wrong. The food was good, I was just expecting more adventurous cuisine based on what I'd read. I'd go back, but with tempered expectations.

Curious what you ordered? And what you disliked about it?
There were four of us. I had to look up what we ordered because I put it out of my head :) I got some kind of dumpling appetizer that was disappointing after the server raved about it (like a not great ravioli), my husband got the filo dough appetizer, which was by far the best thing we had all night, my son got a salad that was "meh," and my daughter the bread service that was a big disappointment compared to Sanaa. But the mains were the biggest disappointment. The guys both got steaks that were "okay," and I got the short ribs, which were overly fatty and also basked in a thick overly sweet sauce. The ribs were served with some kind of vegetable purree that was pureed to death and overly rich. I took one bite and that was it. My daughter got the elk, which seemed to be the best of the mains. The dinner took so long we ended up leaving without ordering dessert. We were on the DxDP, and if we'd payed out of pocket I would have been much more vocal in my disappointment of the meal. As I mentioned earlier, the service was abysmal. I did make comments, but they were ignored :(

The Plaza Restaurant at Magic Kingdom. The menu was pretty ordinary, it took me many visits to fit this in for much.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but Hollywood & Vine was the only meal of our trip last year that we were disappointed in.
The buffet dishes were interesting, but nothing totally blew me away. And the offerings for the "kids menu" items were lame, my kids (who were scarfing down food like crazy the whole trip) barely ate anything other than the desserts. We were there for Minnie's Halloween dine, and seeing the characters in costumes was fun, but I left wishing we had chosen a different character experience or saved our money and just gotten CS that night. It was the only meal of our entire trip I regretted.

Le Cellier -
My steak was incredibly disappointing. Terrible cut of steak. Atmosphere was fine but the tables were ridiculously close together.

We were also not impressed with Le Cellier. The food was ok, but not for the price. The wait staff was ok, but not for the price. And we felt we had to introduced ourselves the people on either side of us since we were all sitting so close together!!!

There were four of us. I had to look up what we ordered because I put it out of my head :) I got some kind of dumpling appetizer that was disappointing after the server raved about it (like a not great ravioli), my husband got the filo dough appetizer, which was by far the best thing we had all night, my son got a salad that was "meh," and my daughter the bread service that was a big disappointment compared to Sanaa. But the mains were the biggest disappointment. The guys both got steaks that were "okay," and I got the short ribs, which were overly fatty and also basked in a thick overly sweet sauce. The ribs were served with some kind of vegetable purree that was pureed to death and overly rich. I took one bite and that was it. My daughter got the elk, which seemed to be the best of the mains. The dinner took so long we ended up leaving without ordering dessert. We were on the DxDP, and if we'd payed out of pocket I would have been much more vocal in my disappointment of the meal. As I mentioned earlier, the service was abysmal. I did make comments, but they were ignored :(

Thanks for responding. I was curious because Jiko usually gets really good reviews. I have an ADR for April so I'm hoping we have a better experience. Sorry you didn't enjoy your meal!

This might be an unpopular opinion, but Hollywood & Vine was the only meal of our trip last year that we were disappointed in. The buffet dishes were interesting, but nothing totally blew me away. And the offerings for the "kids menu" items were lame, my kids (who were scarfing down food like crazy the whole trip) barely ate anything other than the desserts. We were there for Minnie's Halloween dine, and seeing the characters in costumes was fun, but I left wishing we had chosen a different character experience or saved our money and just gotten CS that night. It was the only meal of our entire trip I regretted.

It's not unpopular. H&V doesn't get great reviews overall...but I'm in the minority as my family didn't mind the food there.

50's Prime Time-Food was OK, but the CM we had was awful, we were stuck just outside the door from the kitchen, very little theme it that area, when she heard we were from Minnesota she tried saying she was from Duluth and in the process tried to draw a map to show us where Duluth was, (she placed it about the center of the state), she did not show very much enthusiasm for her job.

Ohana Dinner-we were there with a 9:45pm reservation in January and the food was good, we were put in the back corner not far from the bar and just off from the kitchen (there were a lot of open tables in the front of the dinning room), the food was good if I would have had time to enjoy it, we got our bread, barely got settled and the salad was there, got salad on our plate and the appetizers were there, then almost right away the main food was coming out. We were seated at 10pm we left the restaurant at 10:50pm. During the course of the dinner because were we were seated a couple of servers were standing nearby complaining that they had some slow eaters and could not turn there tables faster to make more tips. Like I said the food was great, just would have like to enjoy it.

Thanks for responding. I was curious because Jiko usually gets really good reviews. I have an ADR for April so I'm hoping we have a better experience. Sorry you didn't enjoy your meal!
Thanks, and I hope you have a much better experience! It seems to be one of the most highly rated restaurants around the board so maybe ours was a one off.

At Skipper Canteen I had the Tastes Like Chicken and the sauce was overpowering and the rice undercooked. Chicken was tough and overcooked. The apps were great and our server was AWESOME so we will give it another try.

I had the exact same problem with my chicken there. It was so dry a person could not swallow it. But my server was horrible. You can hear him give the same spiel to every table and he just ran through it so fast just to get it over with and he had this attitude that it seemed like the diners where bothering him. I only had a couple bites of my chicken and finally flagged him down saying it was too dry to eat. He took it and came back with my bill. Ummm, you want me to pay for food that was inedible? Probably the worst dining experience at WDW ever for me.

Be Our Guest lunch. The braised pork was so bland, I actually asked for a manager to take it back. He insisted it was the same recipe from when the restaurant first opened. I retorted that something else must've changed, because it wasn't this bad when the restaurant first opened.

The last time I got the pork it was very very salty. Maybe they have had complaints and toned it down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!