Can you get an FCC on 2 separate cruises?

JM23457

Registered
If you booked 2 unrelated cruises & both were cancelled, would you get an FCC for each one? The FCC states that if you already got the credit, you can't get another. Is that referring only to that same reservation being cancelled again, or is it saying that a person cannot ever get another FCC for any cruise?

I’m pretty sure they mean if you paid for a second sailing with your FCC, and it gets canceled, you’ll only get that FCC back. That way people can’t keep a single FCC growing larger and larger with each subsequent cancellation. We have received 2 different FCCs so far from two separate sailings.
Perfect. That's what I thought but wanted to confirm. Thank you.

What I want to know is if you had one cancellation, and booked a cruise, then that was cancelled, what happens? Do you just get the FCC of the original cruise and possibly whatever additional funds you added for the second cruise or is the first outright cancelled and you only have the FCC from the second cruise or are they just both cancelled and you get a refund?

What I want to know is if you had one cancellation, and booked a cruise, then that was cancelled, what happens? Do you just get the FCC of the original cruise and possibly whatever additional funds you added for the second cruise or is the first outright cancelled and you only have the FCC from the second cruise or are they just both cancelled and you get a refund?
You get a refund of the original amount you actually paid.

I haven't had that happen... yet... (our closest FCC rebooking was just deep enough into November that it didn't get canceled with this last round)... I had heard early on that if the new booking was also canceled they would give you back the original FCC and then a refund on any extra. I can't figure out where I heard this now, and we had a NCL and RCL cruise canceled as well, so there's a chance that I'm remembering the terms of one of those FCCs. This was also designed to keep folks from 'letting it ride' from booking to booking and growing the FCC.

So, no chance that you can move that to another sailing further on? I don't mean stacking the bonus credits, but just using those credits to another sailing? They'll just cancel and refund after your second try?

So, no chance that you can move that to another sailing further on? I don't mean stacking the bonus credits, but just using those credits to another sailing? They'll just cancel and refund after your second try?
You should be able to move the money (including the original FCC) to a new sailing. I was able to do that when I voluntarily changed a cruise, so there is no reason why DCL would deny it to someone who had their cruise cancelled by DCL.

I just had that cruise with the moved FCC cancelled by DCL, btw, & my letter said nothing about refund being my only option. I'm choosing the refund for that cruise, though.

All new to this and want to make sure I understand correctly. My original cruise was 4/3. It was canceled and I took the 125% FCC and booked double dip 11/9 sailing. The 11/9 cruise was significantly more money than the 4/3 cruise.

If/when the 11/9 sailing is cancelled, will I get more FCC on the difference on amount I paid for the more expensive cruise or will it stick to the original amount from the 4/3 cruise?

All new to this and want to make sure I understand correctly. My original cruise was 4/3. It was canceled and I took the 125% FCC and booked double dip 11/9 sailing. The 11/9 cruise was significantly more money than the 4/3 cruise.

If/when the 11/9 sailing is cancelled, will I get more FCC on the difference on amount I paid for the more expensive cruise or will it stick to the original amount from the 4/3 cruise?
Original amount.

We just went through this exact situation. We had an April sailing cancelled and received 125% FCC on that cost. I used that cost to pay for our Panama Canal cruise that was just cancelled.

The April 125% is still valid for use on future cruises. The remaining amount we paid for the PC cruise will be refunded. Hope this helps!

We just went through this exact situation. We had an April sailing cancelled and received 125% FCC on that cost. I used that cost to pay for our Panama Canal cruise that was just cancelled.

The April 125% is still valid for use on future cruises. The remaining amount we paid for the PC cruise will be refunded. Hope this helps!
So that's a confirmation that you won't get 125% on the extra you paid for the PC cruise. It was just cancelled and your original credits went back into the credit bank? Does that mean your original "use by" date still stands? What about your date to decide on a refund for everything?

So that's a confirmation that you won't get 125% on the extra you paid for the PC cruise. It was just cancelled and your original credits went back into the credit bank? Does that mean your original "use by" date still stands? What about your date to decide on a refund for everything?
I believe the "use by" dates are all being adjusted to the new date (May? I think).

Correct, we did not get 125% on the extra funds paid in cash for our PC cruise. The FCC from April we used went back to our Castaway Club.

In terms of refunding everything, including the April cruise, that is not something we looked at since we wanted the FCC from April. The CM on the phone did let us know that we had an expanded time frame to use the FCC, but I did not confirm the exact date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter