Can this work? And how? Help please...

DoodlesMom

Mouseketeer
Long story short: first trip to DL we want to stay onsite Mon-Fri but we will actually be there Sunday night. We want to go ahead and check in at a hotel but we don't want to pay a crazy rate on Sunday night just to sleep. So we were thinking we'd stay at one of the "good neighbor" hotels on Sunday but we want to be able to hit the parks first thing on Monday and start enjoying those early morning hours. Can this be done? If so, how can we make it work? Could we technically check-in on Sunday to get our passes etc even tho we don't physically check in to the hotel on Monday? TIA!

Long story short: first trip to DL we want to stay onsite Mon-Fri but we will actually be there Sunday night. We want to go ahead and check in at a hotel but we don't want to pay a crazy rate on Sunday night just to sleep. So we were thinking we'd stay at one of the "good neighbor" hotels on Sunday but we want to be able to hit the parks first thing on Monday and start enjoying those early morning hours. Can this be done? If so, how can we make it work? Could we technically check-in on Sunday to get our passes etc even tho we don't physically check in to the hotel on Monday? TIA!

Hi! Not sure exactly what passes you need, so any clarification there would be helpful.

You absolutely can check in early on Monday. I have checked in around 6am before in order to get an early start. The bell desk will hold your luggage and you will check in normally. We were sent a text message when our room was ready. They had already given us keys and everything, so the text message gave us the room number.

Hope that helps! You can't check in the day before, unfortunately. So it will be an early morning! :thumbsup2

Until you check into the Disney Hotel you can not get the special FP's if that is what you are eluding to. Many people have stayed offsite and then transferred the next day. Type of passes would be help full. You can check in very early to the Dis hotel and get whatever passes at that time.

Jack

We used Priceline and got the Hilton for $54 (plus parking), slept, got up at 5am to get to PPH by 6 to do the checkin process. All that to be at MM at 7am.

We had our tickets already (APs actually) but getting the KTTM cards gets you in for Magic Morning, and it's just nice to have everything all settled. Then they call you later on when your room is ready (or they give you a number to call? I keep forgetting).

on the other hand...there's something to be said for being at the hotel where you'll be staying, and NOT having to get up sooooo early. But that's between you, your wallet, and how much you dislike getting up extra early! :)

We used Priceline and got the Hilton for $54 (plus parking), slept, got up at 5am to get to PPH by 6 to do the checkin process. All that to be at MM at 7am.

We had our tickets already (APs actually) but getting the KTTM cards gets you in for Magic Morning, and it's just nice to have everything all settled. Then they call you later on when your room is ready (or they give you a number to call? I keep forgetting).

on the other hand...there's something to be said for being at the hotel where you'll be staying, and NOT having to get up sooooo early. But that's between you, your wallet, and how much you dislike getting up extra early! :)

NOW I understand why people go back and take a mid-day nap!!!:goodvibes

I think they can text you when your room is ready.

- Dreams

Sorry...yes, I was referring getting the park passes in order to take advantage of Early Morning hours. I don't even know what time the "early morning" starts but you're saying we could check in to the hotel that early and still hit the parks beforehand?

We are planning to do a similar thing in November. Last time we booked through Costco and our tickets came in our packet that was mailed to us in advance. So you should already have your "passes" if you mean tickets.

Sorry...yes, I was referring getting the park passes in order to take advantage of Early Morning hours. I don't even know what time the "early morning" starts but you're saying we could check in to the hotel that early and still hit the parks beforehand?

Magic Mornings start at 7am at the earliest (one hour prior to park opening). So yes you can check in at 6am and be at the park by 7am MM. All you need is your room key to get your MM and they'll give you that when you check in even if your room isn't ready yet.

If I were in your position this is what I would do, just so I am not totally exhausted the next day.

Check into that friendly neighbor hotel and stay the night. If you arrive early enough on the Sunday, go to the park and redeem your voucher for park tickets for the following day. Have a nice sleep at that neighbor hotel, and when up and dressed the following morning, go and checkout and ask the hotel hold your luggage for a few hours. Most hotels are more then happy to hold your luggage because many times people dont have a flight that leaves until later in the day, and so to kill time head to Disneyland.

So have the hotel hold your luggage and jet off to the park and play until your heart is content, and when you are ready for that break, go back to your hotel, grab your luggage and transfer over to the resort hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter