California Grill Lounge

KathyTbell

Mouseketeer
We have never been to California Grill but are considering a stop at the California Grill Lounge on our next WDW trip. Can you enjoy a cocktail and/or apps there and receive a ticket to watch the fireworks from the balcony? Is it better to go around 8:00 to see the fireworks while enjoying cocktails/apps?
Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If there is space available you can go up to the Lounge, but many have the same idea so it can get crowded shortly before fireworks and castmembers can limit the number of guests. It is also part of the waiting area for those with reservations.

If you are there earlier in the evening you can show your receipt (they don't give out "tickets") later the same evening at the check in podium to go back up to see the fireworks.

My experience has been getting into the CG lounge can be difficult during peak times. If you don't want a full meal there, go for drinks/apps as soon as they open, then have dinner elsewhere and return to CG for fireworks.

For a bit more fun, you could do a DIY monorail crawl: drinks and first course at CG, then to Tambu Lounge @ Poly for a small plate or 2, then Citricos Lounge @ GF or The Wave @ CR for dessert or cheese, and end with fireworks. If time starts to get away, you could always skip the 3rd course. Just be sure to hang onto your CG receipt!

Thank you, all, for your great advice. I have never been there so I wasn't sure what to expect. I absolutely love the monorail crawl idea! How fun!!

My experience has been getting into the CG lounge can be difficult during peak times. If you don't want a full meal there, go for drinks/apps as soon as they open, then have dinner elsewhere and return to CG for fireworks.

For a bit more fun, you could do a DIY monorail crawl: drinks and first course at CG, then to Tambu Lounge @ Poly for a small plate or 2, then Citricos Lounge @ GF or The Wave @ CR for dessert or cheese, and end with fireworks. If time starts to get away, you could always skip the 3rd course. Just be sure to hang onto your CG receipt!

I'm getting really excited about this DIY monorail crawl idea! What time would you recommend being back at CG for the fireworks (going 1st week of April)?

in my experience, the lounge starts to get busy by 6:30 at the latest and is packed the rest of the night. Getting a table later in teh evening is lucky.
You can order off the full menu in the lounge area, and many do.

I'm getting really excited about this DIY monorail crawl idea! What time would you recommend being back at CG for the fireworks (going 1st week of April)?

When you first check in at CG to have your starter apps/drinks (which you should do as early as possible --5 or 5:30), ask for a suggested time to return for fireworks. They are at 9:15 most days and they'll probably tell you to show up about 20-30 minutes prior. That's why you might want the final pre-show stop at The Wave instead of at Grand Floridian. It really just depends on how the pacing has been working out.

I suggested Tambu Lounge for stop #2, but you could check to see if there's room at Trader Sam's (likely not, since you'll be there during the all-ages-allowed period).

We have reservation at CG for 9:15 in August. I couldn't find anything earlier. Would they let us sit in the lounge for drinks before our reservation to watch the fireworks? Im going to keep looking for an earlier reservation but just wondering about our options.

We have reservation at CG for 9:15 in August. I couldn't find anything earlier. Would they let us sit in the lounge for drinks before our reservation to watch the fireworks? Im going to keep looking for an earlier reservation but just wondering about our options.

Yes, you can wait in the lounge after check in at the lower level. But good luck finding a seat!

Is there any way to guarantee a table in the lounge? Not looking to stay for the fireworks. Thinking of apps and CGL then dessert at The Wave.

Another idea: go later.

Disney guests tend to be early-to-bed types. In the last two years, we've had luck getting access to the lounge after 9:30 p.m. The last time was on Thankgiving -- we weren't even asked downstairs if we had a reservation! Sure enough, the place was only a quarter full ten minutes after fireworks. We had the bar practically to ourselves.

in my experience, the lounge starts to get busy by 6:30 at the latest and is packed the rest of the night. Getting a table later in teh evening is lucky.
You can order off the full menu in the lounge area, and many do.

This is great advice. Thanks!

When you first check in at CG to have your starter apps/drinks (which you should do as early as possible --5 or 5:30), ask for a suggested time to return for fireworks. They are at 9:15 most days and they'll probably tell you to show up about 20-30 minutes prior. That's why you might want the final pre-show stop at The Wave instead of at Grand Floridian. It really just depends on how the pacing has been working out.

I suggested Tambu Lounge for stop #2, but you could check to see if there's room at Trader Sam's (likely not, since you'll be there during the all-ages-allowed period).

Awesome! We'll be flexible. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!