Cabanas at Disney Resorts (in our case at YC/BC)

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone had booked a cabana in a Disney resort?

We have just booked a half-day cabana but I have not found any pictures or review about it.

If anyone has pictures and/or reviews, I'd be very interested in hearing anything about your experience! :)

I'm especially curious to find out where exactly they have been placed in the area of Stormalong Bay.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone had booked a cabana in a Disney resort?

We have just booked a half-day cabana but I have not found any pictures or review about it.

If anyone has pictures and/or reviews, I'd be very interested in hearing anything about your experience! :)

I'm especially curious to find out where exactly they have been placed in the area of Stormalong Bay.

Thanks in advance!
I took pictures of the cabanas at the Yacht and Beach Club when we were there at the end of February

I posted them in the thread that is posted above. Some of my pictures are on the first page of the thread and more are on one of the pages.

I took pictures of the cabanas at the Yacht and Beach Club when we were there at the end of February

I posted them in the thread that is posted above. Some of my pictures are on the first page of the thread and more are on one of the pages.

I'm not sure which thread you are talking about... Do you have the link (or the name of the thread)? Thank in advance!! :)

20190413_110820_HDR-1664x1248.jpg

We checked-in at the entrance of the Yacht & Beach Club pool (Stormalong Bay) and someone showed us where to meet the person in charge of the cabanas that day.

We had booked the cabana for half-day.

There's a ribbon blocking people from getting into the cabanas section. He lead us to the cabana where there was a welcome sign.

The cabana was much larger than I imagined. There was 2 loungers, one sofa and 2 chairs. One big fridge filled with soda cans (maybe 10 of each kinds) and small bottles of water... And a bowl of fresh fruits. We had tons of towels, plastic utensils and different sauces in case we wanted to eat... There was also a safe, a fan and a tv.

20190413_135701-1248x1664.jpg 20190413_124832_HDR-1248x1664.jpg

We had a server taking our orders for food so we had lunch in the cabana.

The furniture was comfortable. It was a great experience overall.

Fun story: the family in the cabana next to us has never showed up so it felt even more private.

We felt it was a great value as the pool was quite popular that day with very little shade available.

Last edited:
I just came back from my vacation. We have experienced the cabana so I will come back to post a review and pictures for those who are interested! :)
The cabana seems a bit secluded from the pool, which is exactly what I would want. "Unfortunately" I will be bringing one kid that needs constant supervision.
Did you see a cabana near the water? Was it facing the pool? Approximately how far is the closest cabana to the edge of the pool? Besides cabanas, was there an option to rent an umbrella near the water?
I have a reservation but if they're all far from the pool then I will cancel.
Thank you.

A small bit of info for anyone interested:

When I called to book a cabana several weeks ago for an August trip the CM on the phone asked me which cabana I wanted. Nearest the pool or farther back. After asking for nearest to the pool available, she backpedaled a bit and said, “Oops, it looks like I’m not able to select a specific cabana. At first it looked as though I was able to.” I thought nothing of it and completed the booking process knowing we’ll be happy with any cabana.

Fast forward to today. I received an unrelated call from Signature Services regarding an upcoming CL stay. It was just a regular courtesy call to let me know they are there to help should the need arise. I thanked her for the call and before hanging up I asked about choosing specific cabanas. She wasn’t sure of the answer and after a brief hold the SS CM said that beginning Oct. 13th guests will be able to select a specific cabana when booking. With my trip being in August, I wouldn’t be able take advantage of this. In the end I was able to put in a request for nearest to the pool. We’ll see how it goes.

Not sure if this is true or not as it’s only anecdotal evidence from one CM and I have not read any similar reports, so take it for what it’s worth. Not to mention I have yet to see any kind of numbered map of specific cabana locations. I would think if this were to become an option they would release some sort of info to help the guest choose.

I’m wondering if she was incorrect and that Oct. 13th date is nothing more than the date the pricing drops to the lower fall/winter rates. In any event, I suppose it couldn’t hurt to ask when calling to book.

Last edited:
The cabana seems a bit secluded from the pool, which is exactly what I would want. "Unfortunately" I will be bringing one kid that needs constant supervision.
Did you see a cabana near the water? Was it facing the pool? Approximately how far is the closest cabana to the edge of the pool? Besides cabanas, was there an option to rent an umbrella near the water?
Thank you.

Yes there are two or three that are much closer to the pool! (Maybe... 10 ft?) Ours was actually the most secluded.

I haven't noticed umbrellas near the water, only those over tables and of course, those were the first to go!

If you arrive early, you might be able to switch for one that is closer.

By the way, if you cancel, you have to cancel 24 hours in advance otherwise they will charge you for it.

Thank you.

There are two that you can easily watch kids that are in the pool area with no problems. I wouldn’t hesitate to rent one of these when I’m alone with my 7 yr old grandson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!