Buying a resale through Timeshare Store

I have bought and sold both of my dvc with the timeshare store . They were flawless threw out the precess each time If I buy again it will be with them .

I just want the know if someone out there has the BIG secret to being the first offer at resale points. Already own 160 BLT (purchased via Disney) but looking to buy daughter's family a small ownership. Every time I see 1 to 50 point listing the points are sold and I've be placed as backup. I get TTS email but since I don't stay logged onto my email every minute of the day I'm always too late. Any ideas as to how to be the first to call?

I just want the know if someone out there has the BIG secret to being the first offer at resale points. Already own 160 BLT (purchased via Disney) but looking to buy daughter's family a small ownership. Every time I see 1 to 50 point listing the points are sold and I've be placed as backup. I get TTS email but since I don't stay logged onto my email every minute of the day I'm always too late. Any ideas as to how to be the first to call?

You can contact more than one Broker.

:earsboy: Bill

I tried putting in an offer (more than once)with them and they said that I was low balling and it was unreasonable. List price was 74 something and I was asking $10 off. So went to Fidelity and got a similar contract with MORE points for much much less. Contacts were passing in the mid 50's - low 60's.

BeachLove said:
I tried putting in an offer (more than once)with them and they said that I was low balling and it was unreasonable. List price was 74 something and I was asking $10 off. So went to Fidelity and got a similar contract with MORE points for much much less. Contacts were passing in the mid 50's - low 60's.

I had a very similar experience with another very popular resale broker, they told me I would be insulting the seller if I offered $10 below asking price. So I made an offer with Fidelity for a very similar contract and it was accepted and passed ROFR. I am very happy with Fidelity.

Hello all! Where would I find a list of the restrictions? We really only cruise so it sounds like resale won't help us :(

Hello all! Where would I find a list of the restrictions? We really only cruise so it sounds like resale won't help us :(

Resale buyers are allowed to use their points at DVC resorts and for RCI exchanges only. They are not allowed to use them for Adventures by Disney, The Concierge Collection or the Disney Collection (which includes cruises). Buying a timeshare simply to use the points to cruise is not a wise purchase. First off, the ability to use DVC points for a cruise is not guaranteed and can be modified or removed at any time. Secondly, the further away you get from the core operation of a timeshare (staying at their resorts) the more expensive the options become. If you are a big time Disney cruiser, I would suggest booking cash and maybe trying to find internet specials or discounts for booking another cruise while on board. I (along with many, many others on here) would strongly recommend against buying DVC if your intention is to cruise a majority of the time. Good luck with your decision! :)

Buying direct won't help much either. Disney doesn't sell DVC for cruising or other stays outside of the DVC resorts. They allow it and tack on booking fees and restrictions. Not all cruises will have DVC availability and there have been DVC black out periods.

Read the very fine print, "Vacation destinations offered through exchange opportunities require a fee and may be modified or withdrawn at any time".

Disney Cruise Line is an exchange.

:earsboy: Bill

As in you don't travel to WDW or wouldn't use any of the DVC resorts? I would not buy a product that I wasn't going to use for it's core purpose.

Resale buyers are allowed to use their points at DVC resorts and for RCI exchanges only.

Resale buyers may use their points for "Disney Vacation Club resorts, as well as for RCI® exchanges, Club Cordial and Club Intrawest".

Resale buyers are allowed to use their points at DVC resorts and for RCI exchanges only.

Resale buyers may use their points for "Disney Vacation Club resorts, as well as for RCI® exchanges, Club Cordial and Club Intrawest".

True, and thanks for the correction. I often forget about Club Cordial and Club Intrawest because they are so infrequently talked about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter