Buses and ECV

you will be surprised how nice people at disney to people with disabiities. I go quiet often ( about ever 4-6 weeks from any where from 1 day to 6 and a few longer) and for the most part CM and other guest are very nice to me ( I do not use an ECV but have other need, and they are also very nice to my friend that uses an ECV. and like @mamabunny said just smile and wave at any one that make a rude commit to you I mean this is Disney after all if they are being rude then they really do need some pixie dust, but you will find a lot more nicer people then rude ones. And if you have any question while down as someone e lee in a scooter for the most part they will be nice and helpful and it was ever one first time.

I agree, and I was VERY surprised the first time. I fought needing an ECV for so long, primarily because dumb me was so afraid of what people would say or even think. The first day I really couldn't deny it and rented an ECV, I cried. Then I waited for just one person to give me that "look". And if someone dared say anything! And a few hours after I rented one I backed into a cone. No one was hurt, but I was mortified and immediately looked around to see who'd seen that-all I saw was one person who just smiled and said "Don't worry-I don't think anyone saw that!" That's when I started to notice how many nice people there are. Fortunately I never ran into anyone, but almost did when a little boy suddenly bolted in front of me and grandma ran after him. I predict you'll meet more friends than people who are negative.

AoA was a delight. The only downside was the sheer number of young families all toting those giant so-called folding down double buggies! Three of them on the bus and it's full - never mind all the various tots to carry, support etc! Still, once you're on and sat down you can just relax. At least sitting next to my ECV I've never had anyone eyeing me as if to say, "Why don't you stand so I can sit down with my baby?" I only get a bit aggitated when people start messing around with the scooter!

But I suddenly recalled the incident at CBR the first year I hired a scooter. I got to the nearest stop to our village (the one before OPR) and there were dozens of people there. I got into position and was talking to my DD, trying to ignore all the people. Just a few minutes later THREE MK buses pulled up!! The driver started doing the ramp while people queued up at the door. I turned and said, "You might find it quicker to get the buses behind this one - they're all going to MK." As one, the whole queue moved down and got on the second bus. We ended up with our own bus! lol

It would have been nice if a few of the people had just said thanks for letting them know about the other buses, but hey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter