Brushes with "greatness":Who have you spotted visiting WDW?

whamma

DIS Veteran
I just happened to see Jason Earles who plays "Jackson" on Hannah Montana while visiting AK last week. He was just visiting the park with his family and had a cast member with him. A few years back my husband spotted Chuck Liddell of Ultimate Fighting Challenge fame at MK.

:idea: Got me wondering--who else has seen someone "famous" while at WDW who was visiting the park--NOT performing or making a special appearance???

My kids spotted Hannah Montana herself a few year back on Splash Mountain, but they said she looked to be in taping a special episode or something. This past February we saw Geraldo Rivera while having lunch at The Liberty Tree Tavern. He was with his wife and little daughter.

We saw soap star Deidre Hall pushing her daughter in a stroller at Epcot. She too had a CM with her. She was scheduled to be one of the speakers during the Christmas show.

Several years ago we saw Paige Davis from Trading Spaces at DHS. She was walking with a CM getting off Tower of Terror.

Herve Villechaize from Fantasy Island wanted to cross the lake at DtD, so the skipper asked the OKW guests if he could ride across on our boat (that was when we had the nicely padded seats). We all said OK, he, his manager and fiance were ferried across with us.

Since this really isn't a DVC specific topic, I'm going to move this to the Community Board.

Oh, and I saw Walt at Disneyland when I was 8 years old. :)

Herve Villechaize from Fantasy Island wanted to cross the lake at DtD, so the skipper asked the OKW guests if he could ride across on our boat (that was when we had the nicely padded seats). We all said OK, he, his manager and fiance were ferried across with us.

Since this really isn't a DVC specific topic, I'm going to move this to the Community Board.

Oh, and I saw Walt at Disneyland when I was 8 years old. :)

...wow, very kewl.....:thumbsup2

I wouldn't put this in the "greatness" category (LOL) but we saw 2 of the guys from Ghost Hunters (not Jason or Grant) on Test Track (with a CM) last year.

Christy Brinkley and kids, with the husband before this most recent one, I think. Definitely not Billy Joel. They were with a CM getting on the monorail.

Julie Andrews (we watched a space shuttle liftoff within feet of her at the Contemporary), Lindsay Lohan (they were filming...she was in the log in front of us on Splash Mountain...this was back when she was a cute kid), Allan Thicke, Paula Zahn (she stayed at the Beach Club when we were there). That's all I can think of offhand.

When I read these threads and how many people others have seen, I figure we're probably surrounded by "celebrities" and never notice. But then, when I read most "celebrity" threads, I don't know who most of the people even are. :confused3

We saw all the kids from HSM with the exception of Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Ephron (Ashley Tisdale, Monique Coleman, Corbin Bleu, Lucas Grabile) when we were about to load TOT. This was right when the first movie came out and they rode the elevator next to us. They were there for the EE opening, Our older DD recognized them first, mainly Corbin Bleu's hair, lol. She regretted that she wasn't quicker with her cell phone camera

My DW and DDIL were in same elevator in GC at DLR with Cindy Crawford. We have spotted Jodie Foster having breakfast at Storyteller Cafe a couple of times. We saw Patricia Heaton from Everybody Loves Raymond in front of the Jungle Cruise and we saw Paul Bettany who plays the albino assassin in The Da Vinci Code. My DW and DDIL have seen other various models whose names I don't reconize. They are better at spotting famous people than I am.:happytv:

A bunch of years ago we were walking in the Magic Kindom towards Haunted Mansion and a very tall man came walking up next to me with a bunch of other people following....I elbowed my husband and said "this guy must be someone that plays basketball".....It was Shag O'Neil. He came out of nowhere and just that quick disappeared.

I am one of those that definately would never recognize anybody important if they even came into my face and yelled who they were. I just don't remember many faces of stars and can't even tell you who is starring in any shows or movies that I watch....they just aren't that important to me, I only care about the entertainment that I get from what they do.

Unless you are a college football fan, you probably wouldn't even know this one. Once when we came out of the Plaza my husband saw Mark Richt, the head football coach of the University of Georgia, coming out of the restrooms.
He went over and confirmed his findings. Coach Richt was very gracious and acted like he enjoyed talking to him. :cool1:

I saw Joey Fatone singing in Jellyrolls one night (he was called up on stage to sing one song). Also saw Gary Sinise at an Off Kilter show a few Christmases ago. I'm with the majority; I wouldn't recognize a celebrity if he/she approached me directly. I wouldn't have recognized Joey or Gary had someone else not pointed them out to me (or the piano man introducing him at Jellyrolls).

We were there when Michael Phelps made his first public appearance after the Olympics. We missed his parade, but we did see him in the promenade over by the castle. I got some GREAT Michael Phelps pics! :cool1:

My mom and I were in line for the Jungle Cruise, and Doug Flutie and his family were in front of us. In case anyone doesn't recognize his name, he's a football player. Another couple also recognized him. They rode in the same boat with us, but no one (including us) said anything to him. The driver didn't seem to know who he was. I don't know if anyone else did besides the one other couple.

I only know his name because he won the Heisman Trophy when I was a kid, and there was skit on SNL about it. I would never have known who he was if my mom hadn't. I wouldn't recognize him if he came to my front door.

Don't think it counts but closest was a bartender at PI that was a dead ringer for James Marsters.

Met Vincent D'Onofrio (Law & Order CI) in MK at Pirates and then my husband and oldest daughter rode Big Thunder Mountain right behind him and his son at MVMCP 2005. Love him :love:.

Heather

About 6 or 7 years ago my son and DIL and her then 5 year old son Ian were walking down Main St near the castle and a huge group of security people in police like uniforms came through and pushed Ian out of the way and said move people we have a celebrity coming through. My son grabbed Ian before he fell and told the guy "hey, watch who your pushing" the guy said "we have a celebrity here to protect." My son said "I thought everyone here was important" and the guard said "Not as important as him" .
It was Michael Jackson surrounded by at least 20 guards. They did get some photos of him but my son was very angry.
I can't imagine what life must have been like with the crowds that he needed to surround him and keep him safe.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest