Bringing Mom to WDW for MY bday, Sept '09! Day 4 Part 1..AK and Tusker House 12/30!

Remember on the backstage tour, that Bette Midler pigeon short? How many times did we see that on that tour, it seemed like a million! :)

I miss the Bette Midler short! And for me to say that is impressive... I'm not a HUGE fan of her! I remember on the backstage houses part we drove by once and the basketball hoop was down in one of the 'driveways' of the house and the CM mentioned that it must have been one of the crazy MMC kids cause they're always playing bball back there.

LOVE the pic of you and your momma!!

I'm glad you got your decisions planned out.

Thank you! :lovestruc I'm happy to finally have figured most of the stuff out already.

Hiya! I finally got myself over here.

You are going to love POFQ! It is so pretty and quiet. Perfect after a day at the parks. :goodvibes

It's so nice to have mother/daughter trips. I enjoyed trips with my mom before she passed away. I treasure those pictures.

I'm confused over the dining plan too. I can never figure it out! I am going to total all my food from my March trip and compare it to the dining plan. I can't get one for my May trip becasue I booked a room-only reservation. Apparentely, you can't add dining.

What is Tables in Wonderland? I'm going to have to search that. Any discount is a good discount! LOL!

Oh and the photopass share was a good experience. I'm hoping to get my CDs today from my March trip. I did it again for the May trip. I did love playing around with those borders. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to your pre-trippie!

Welcome over! Sadly it took me ages to get to your report too...plus I still have to read about your May report. When I'm at work photobucket pics don't show up (they block the site) so I have to only read them when I get home. Kinda sucks!

Your pics and review of POFQ have me so excited to stay there now. It seems like a perfect quiet place that my mom would like. Pop was great and all, just a little LOUD in terms of themeing.

I think I mentioned in this TR but I would have done the DP again IF they gave appetizers like they did in 2007. That was perfect. Or at least give the option of an app OR dessert. We're just not BIG dessert people so it would be either a waste or we'd be forcing food down that we really didn't want.

Tables in Wonderland is offered for Florida residents OR Annual Pass holders. I believe for AP holders it's $75 (normally it's $100) and you get 20% off ALL of your food and drinks (including alcohol) for your entire trip. It really adds up. When I went last May, 5 of us went to Le Cellier for dinner. My one friend that was with us had the TIW card since she's both a FL res and AP holder and it saved us $50 or $60 total! So it pays for itself pretty quickly.

When the trip gets closer I defintiely have to look into the Photopass share. Such a good deal!

Hi! I just found your ptr. Mother/Daughter trips are wonderful. I went with my DD and DM in Dec and we had a great time. What a great deal you got with the discount! We'll be at POFQ next month for the first time and we too are looking forward to the more serene atmosphere. Looking forward to hearing more!

Hi! I just found your ptr. Mother/Daughter trips are wonderful. I went with my DD and DM in Dec and we had a great time. What a great deal you got with the discount! We'll be at POFQ next month for the first time and we too are looking forward to the more serene atmosphere. Looking forward to hearing more!

Welcome! I'd love to hear your thoughts about POFQ although it sounds like no one has ever been disappointed! :) Heading over to your trippie now... popcorn::

Hi! Just found your link via another TR. I'm in!

I think she may be taking a break. :goodvibes popcorn::

Hey Kat! :) Welcome over here!

Yup...I've been taking a break. There isn't much I can do yet since hours aren't out and I can't make my ADR's yet! Next month :cool1:

Mom is still excited, as am I. I've been getting my Dis fix by being on here and catching up to trippies and stuff. I NEED to catch up on podcasts. I've been SO far behind.

Went and saw my really good friend Lisa (Amy... and Kat...you guys know Lisa!) who had gotten married down in Disney (trippie in my sig) the other day because she's having a baby!! She's due this Saturday...and she's ready to POP! Very cute though.

OK hopefully I'll be back in a bit with some more news to give but I've got nothing today! haha!

OMG!! Tell Lisa Congrats! Do you know what she's having?

So what podcast do you listen to?

OMG!! Tell Lisa Congrats! Do you know what she's having?

So what podcast do you listen to?

Yup! it's going to be a Baby Boy..named Joshua. Still didn't pop yet! I was texting her last night and she is SOOOO READY to not be pregnant anymore, haha! :rotfl:

I listen regularly (well...kinda regularly) to the DIS Unplugged (duh.. lol)... Lou Mongellos (wdw radio?) and umm... I'm drawing a blank for the other one. I haven't listened to that one in awhile but they've been piling up on itunes!

What podcasts do you guys listen to?

So happy for Lisa!!

As far as Disney podcasts go: Netcot (SO FUNNY!!!!!) & WDW Today. They are normal lengths so it is easy to keep up.

So happy for Lisa!!

As far as Disney podcasts go: Netcot (SO FUNNY!!!!!) & WDW Today. They are normal lengths so it is easy to keep up.

That's it! WDW Today! hahaha... that's the third. I used to subscribe to a bunch but just couldn't keep up with them all. I can't even keep up with these three lately! :(

Hey everyone!!

So my friend Lisa had a baby boy Joshua!! OMG he's soooo adorable!!! I'm going to go out to see her hopefully in a week and a half for the day. I can't wait to meet him! She keeps sending me the most adorable photos :) I'll try to post one on here soon.

OK so.... I know I haven't really updated in awhile so here's a quick update and might make all you Disney fans LOL. So I'm dating this guy who lives in Florida (Sarasota area)... he's originally from DC though and just recently moved down there. And he's NEVER been to Disney. ever.

So he knew I was going to Disney in Sept with mom and how much I'm *slightly* addicted to the Mouse. I tell him he has to join us and I'll try to Disney-fy him as much as I can and make him fall in love with the World. Due to schedules, he can probably only come and stay with us Saturday when we arrive until Monday..maybe Tuesday. Then he could possibly come back for Friday afternoon until we leave on Saturday. So since it's my bday the Sunday we're there, I was rambling telling him I'm not sure which park I want to do...probably MK... and not sure where I want to eat, since MK isn't known for their fine dining. I'm rambling mentioning Epcot.. hmm...good restaurants... good time.... or park hop... and then? He suggests leaving the park and driving somewhere to go eat instead.:scared1:

Yes yes... I know a bunch of you do it all the time. I've done it in the past too. But this is my BIRTHDAY! and for 24 straight hours from midnight until midnight... I want ALL Disney... all day. no exceptions :rotfl2: I think my heart even skipped a beat when he recommended it. I wanted to be like 'awww honey....you still have SO much to learn about Disney... lol' I felt bad breaking it to him but I was like 'nuh-uh...no way!'. haha... after we hung up I got a good laugh out of it. Poor boy does have so much Disney to learn about, I'm totally going to overwhelm him. :confused3

I'm just slightly worried he's gonna be turned off by Disney b/c it's his bday 2 weeks before I get there and I think he's planning on going for his bday to one of the parks. And *gasp!* his tourguide will still be in NJ! :scared1: He had no intention of planning anything and did not understand that if you want to eat at a sit down restaurant, you should make ADRs 90 days in advance. I'm trying to drop hints and stuff as to what to do so cross your fingers he actually has a good time. I'd hate for him to be overwhelmed and not have a good time... I have too much brainwashing to do! :rolleyes1

And umm....WHEN ARE SEPTEMBER HOURS COMING OUT?!

Congrats to your friend!

:rotfl: People don't just GET us Disney freaks do they? He has much to learn.

They had an update posted briefly about the Sept hours but when you clicked it, it looks like someone had just posted the 08 hours into the 09 slots. They made no sense. Fantasmic was listed everyday and MK was open til 9 during MNSSHP :confused3

They had an update posted briefly about the Sept hours but when you clicked it, it looks like someone had just posted the 08 hours into the 09 slots. They made no sense. Fantasmic was listed everyday and MK was open til 9 during MNSSHP :confused3

I know! I saw :confused3 I think someone was playing a mean trick. Rumor has it that a CM or two told people on here that they will be posted tomorrow, exactly at the 90 day mark? Cross your fingers!

I know! I saw :confused3 I think someone was playing a mean trick. Rumor has it that a CM or two told people on here that they will be posted tomorrow, exactly at the 90 day mark? Cross your fingers!

I hope so! I'm ready to start planning obsessively! :thumbsup2

HI! I was just popping in to see how your plans are going. It looks like we are all waiting for the Sept hours. What is taking them so long? :headache: Thank you for the link to the TA's hours, they look like they are about what people had predicted with the EMH's and everything so hopefully Disney will post them tomorrow so we can compare. :)

OK so my friend Lisa will probably totally kill me for posting these on here of her but the baby is SOOO adorable and Kat asked to see him..haha! (For everyone else..this is my friend that got married in Disney this past May...trip report in my sig!)

4648_84179354646_749079646_1695610_59842_n.jpg

4648_84179369646_749079646_1695612_6408497_n.jpg

4648_84179414646_749079646_1695621_5468242_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter