Bringing Mom to WDW for MY bday, Sept '09! Day 4 Part 1..AK and Tusker House 12/30!

The jungle juice at tusker house is so good. I think it's orange and passion fruit juice?

I liked TH when I went but the characters definitely took a lot of breaks! They would be out for 5-10 minutes and then disappear again. We eventually got everyone but they were happy to take a picture with both me and Joe. They didn't try to rush us or walk away after we had only taken one picture. Our waitress even offered to take a picture of the both of us. Bummer you had a less than spectacular experience there!

I don't know what happened with my TR but they placed it in the completed forum and I can't post to it. It's not completed! I have days 8 thru 10 to still post!

The jungle juice at tusker house is so good. I think it's orange and passion fruit juice?

I liked TH when I went but the characters definitely took a lot of breaks! They would be out for 5-10 minutes and then disappear again. We eventually got everyone but they were happy to take a picture with both me and Joe. They didn't try to rush us or walk away after we had only taken one picture. Our waitress even offered to take a picture of the both of us. Bummer you had a less than spectacular experience there!

I don't know what happened with my TR but they placed it in the completed forum and I can't post to it. It's not completed! I have days 8 thru 10 to still post!

PM the mod and tell them to put it back. They did that with mine once too! :( That stinks!

Ohhhh do you think I can actually finish a whole entire day in 24 hours? We'll see!

After leaving Tusker House, the logical thing to do was head towards the Safari. The park had just barely opened so I knew there shouldn't be too long of a line there. After waiting 10 mins in a '20 minute standby' line, we were boarding our jeep! Asked for the front row and the CM gladly let us on line. I really enjoy this ride, even if it's just to drive around and see animals! Plus it lets me practice my photography on moving targets lol I think we finally got a decent glimpse of the lions too.

The driver did the typical spiel and was fun with the whole gang. Even wished me a happy birthday a few times and kept asking over the microphone if the Birthday Girl got her photo or not! haha!

We continued through Africa and headed over to the Pangani Forest Exploration Trails. All I really wanted to see were the gorillas. They seriously amaze me and I could sit and watch them for long periods of time. Definitely some of the coolest animals out there! We were lucky and found a few close to the viewing area who were just hanging out....

Up next on the agenda was finding some water. It was HOT...like REALLLLLY hot that day in AK. I knew we'd definitely be going back for a rest around lunch. Used a snack credit at the Harambe Fruit Market and headed towards the Tree of Life.

We wandered around the Discovery Island Trails for a little bit and made some more friends.. lol

By now we were both getting really hot and cranky. I had to do some convincing but mom finally agreed to go back to the hotel and relax and rest for a little bit. There was no need for us to both be hot, cranky, and tired...we'd both just end up making each other miserable! So we headed back to the buses and were soon on our way back to POFQ for a few hours.

While on the bus I saw that people were asking about the crowds...
Tweet Update, 12:07 PM Sep 29th: Crowds def picking up. CM at epcot yest said predictions that this week & next week will be much busier than rest of sept....f&w + ddp boo

Back at POFQ I noticed my tummy was grumbling a little bit. Before heading back to the room we stopped in Sassagoula to see what they had for lunch. Now I've been hearing about these muffaletta sandwiches so I decided to try em.

This was pretty tasty! It had melted cheese, ham, pepperoni or salami, and an olive spread. It was slightly too salty, and I had to take out some ham, but I would definitely order this again. Not sure how authentic it is to the real ones in the Big Easy but I enjoyed it. I also had a choice about what side I wanted, so I chose the pasta salad which was just ehhh. Pretty sure I didn't eat much of that at all.

Mom wasn't too hungry but wanted a snack so she used my dessert option and got ice cream in a cup. She either got butter pecan or chocolate.....really don't remember which! I think she ate the whole thing though.

The Breakdown:
Fuze Green Tea: $?
Muffaletta w/Pasta Side: $8.09
Single Scoop Cone: $2.69
DDP: 1 CS/TS Credit

After our 'lunch' we headed back to the room. Pretty sure I napped for a little bit and mom watched tv/napped. It felt so good to be laying down in air condition! Whew!

Okie... I'll continue with the last part of day 4 tonight! Getting there slowly but surely :)

All caught up!

I could live on good prosciutto too!!! LOVE IT. your meal at Tutto made me actually wanna go there, and I never have before! I am an Italian food snob usually because of eating such good food in NYC.

Your Tusker Character pics were adorable!

The juice is POG juice. Pineapple, Orange and Guava. We make our own at home and it's soooooo good! I could drink an IV drip of that stuff.

Way to make headway on the report, i should do that as well but have been super lazy with mine!

Great pix of the animals at AK!

Wow! Multiple updates!

I can't believe your next trip is coming up so quickly.

Wow!! So many updates! :thumbsup2 It sounds like a great ending to your Epcot day! And your safari pictures are incredible! We made a bad decision and sat in the back instead of the front--it was way too bumpy to get anything worth keeping. :sad2: That sandwich looks sooooo yummy! I'm starving right now, and I could really go for one. The gorillas are so fascinating. Michael and I went to the zoo back in December, and just sat watching the gorillas and chimps for almost 30 minutes! :)

Back at POFQ I noticed my tummy was grumbling a little bit. Before heading back to the room we stopped in Sassagoula to see what they had for lunch. Now I've been hearing about these muffaletta sandwiches so I decided to try em.

This was pretty tasty! It had melted cheese, ham, pepperoni or salami, and an olive spread. It was slightly too salty, and I had to take out some ham, but I would definitely order this again. Not sure how authentic it is to the real ones in the Big Easy but I enjoyed it.

The bread looks a little unusual but that's a muffaletta. Salami is the traditional meat, but people also use turkey for a "healthier" sandwich.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter