Breakfast at BOG--splitting meals, will this be enough?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
We have ADRs for a PPO (8:15) BOG this Sunday! It is me (adult female) and my sons who are 17 and 10.
The cost is pretty high for a CS breakfast...and I see that they also bring a selection of pastries to the table.
I was thinking of just getting the "assorted meats and cheeses" platter and a "croissant donut" for the 3 of us to split. Do you think those, along with the pastries, should be enough? We have a 4:30 reservation at Sci Fi for dinner but don't plan on eating a real lunch--maybe just grabbing ice cream or other snacks if we feel hungry.

We have ADRs for a PPO (8:15) BOG this Sunday! It is me (adult female) and my sons who are 17 and 10.
The cost is pretty high for a CS breakfast...and I see that they also bring a selection of pastries to the table.
I was thinking of just getting the "assorted meats and cheeses" platter and a "croissant donut" for the 3 of us to split. Do you think those, along with the pastries, should be enough? We have a 4:30 reservation at Sci Fi for dinner but don't plan on eating a real lunch--maybe just grabbing ice cream or other snacks if we feel hungry.

Whether that will be enough food for 3 people, especially if you're not eating a "real lunch," is for you to decide based on how your party eats. But you can definitely do it that way.

For a typical 17 year old boy? No way.

I would say no as well with a teenage boy. I found the portion size at BOG to be quite moderate compared to most other Disney restaurants.

I would say that what you have planned would be an okay start to the day for the 3 of you, but I would count on more than just an ice cream snack at lunch and plan a QS lunch as well. If all 3 of you aren't hungry at lunch, you can always share there as well or order a meal for the one that is hungry and snacks for the others.

I haven't eaten there for breakfast yet, but did look up pics and videos before booking my upcoming trip. It looks to me that the actual meals are a bit smaller to compensate for the pastry tray. For my 18 year old son, I wonder if a plate and several pastries will be enough!

It's doubtful that will get the 3 of you through lunch unless you're super light eaters. I always order the kids french toast and DD (8) orders the cereal and the 2 of us polish off the pastry plate and we're usually getting pretty hungry by lunch time and that's 1 adult and 8 yr old.

For a typical 17 year old boy? No way.

By the time my son was 10 it would have been "no way", too.

OP, you know your sons. We don't. And, of course, you can also get more food either there or elsewhere if necessary.

I agree with others that it isn't enough but I would not get more at BOG. Try a cinnamon roll from gastons tavern or the fruit waffle from sleepy hollow. Dont feel "pressured" for the overpriced items at BOG if its outside of your budget.

The tiny-ness of the BOG breakfast entrees can't be understated. My kids were (I think) 5 and 8 when we last ate there and they both required snacks right after we finished the Mine Train, which we rode immediately after eating breakfast.

And re-reading your post...the Sci Fi portion sizes aren't very big, either. You're going to be spending a fortune in snacks that day, I'm afraid.

I'd also assume that from 8:30am, that breakfast + ice cream will not hold your party over until 4:30.

I'd suggest something besides a cronut for the other thing to split, but that's just me. Perhaps the feast meal? The prices at BOG are so high at breakfast, probably partially because they know the value of the ppo adr.

Plan for a decent snack before the normal lunchtime rushes somewhere, especially if you'll be hardcore touring in the heat. I'd plan on splitting a decent lunch around 11:15. (This also might afford you a little while of lower waits while everyone else is getting lunch at the "normal" lunch time.) Usually, a 17 year old boy, and a 10 year old boy EAT, and have metabolisms.

We also used a ppo adr at BOG. We used it for an early am appetite supressant, and to get on 3 major rides with no waits without having to burn fastpasses.

Maybe you can have a more filling snack, like a pretzel with cheese and get away with it. You could get the refillable popcorn bucket for your trip and get some popcorn if you get hungry before dinner.

You're allowed to share plates at BOG breakfast? With the fixed price I saw online, I assumed everyone got charged like a buffet or LTT. If I don't have to order my children anything, (I refuse to pay that price for cereal), a reservation here is more tempting.

You're allowed to share plates at BOG breakfast? With the fixed price I saw online, I assumed everyone got charged like a buffet or LTT. If I don't have to order my children anything, (I refuse to pay that price for cereal), a reservation here is more tempting.
It's almost like they intended to make it that way, but never did. You can order as much or as little as you want to.

Yes you can absolutely share, we have done it a few times. We had 4 adults and we shared 2 entrees.

Not for our son. He had that platter for breakfast there our last trip, ate a bunch of the pastries and was hungry not long after. He was 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter