• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boulder Ridge Renovation?

We bought our BRV resale in 2019, thinking refurn was coming the following year. HA. Our next stay at BR is in December, so old room again. The worst part to me is that terrible stained pull out couch, it is just deplorable and I have to put my adult son on that. The old tile and the rest I can live with for now. I really want to experience the Lodge for the holidays for the first time.

We bought our BRV resale in 2019, thinking refurn was coming the following year. HA. Our next stay at BR is in December, so old room again. The worst part to me is that terrible stained pull out couch, it is just deplorable and I have to put my adult son on that. The old tile and the rest I can live with for now. I really want to experience the Lodge for the holidays for the first time.
I’m sorry you haven’t experienced VWL (Villas at Wilderness Lodge) in the old days when it was shiny and new. It was beautiful..especially at the holidays.. Those couches….Yikes! They needed replacement the last time we stayed there in December 2017. We’ve been waiting since that trip to stay at our favorite resort again….once it is completely renovated.

Someone above mentions they haven’t done models etc. They HAVE. They remodelled 2 rooms and part of a corridor around 3 years ago now. The corridor can be seen there now on the first floor, with the renovated rooms having red doors. Someone even got a photo of the inside. This shows the Murphy bed situation the same as SSR.51527695-FBFE-49C7-AE85-BB82F43BC831.jpeg

Someone above mentions they haven’t done models etc. They HAVE. They remodelled 2 rooms and part of a corridor around 3 years ago now. The corridor can be seen there now on the first floor, with the renovated rooms having red doors. Someone even got a photo of the inside. This shows the Murphy bed situation the same as SSR.View attachment 692892
Two rooms that have been offline and unavailable to book for almost 3 years, and probably will need to be redone too if they can’t source all of those furnishings anymore.

We stayed last December and the room wasn’t as bad as I expected. Hope you get one similar. I am going to GCV next Summer and feeling the same way.

we check in 12/3. originally assumed we would have an old room no matter what. Now I am wondering if there may be an outside chance some updated rooms are done over the next month and ready. I realize the end of the refurb isnt til Spring, but given that they seem to be working on a decent number of rooms, any chance some are ready by december? how long does it take to refurb a room, specifically a studio? I would imagine a few weeks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter