Boulder Ridge Renovation?

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
Hey all, does anyone have any news on the Boulder Ridge Reno? Any start date or anticipated end date by chance? thanks so much!!

I doubt they will start it until after VGF renovations are done. I believe they are working on the 2nd half (lower floors) of VGF now.

Are They using the same contractors then? One shouldn't have to do with the other if not.

For what its worth I was able to book a 2 bedroom lock off for Nov.24-Dec 4. So that will include a studio which was available so hopefully they will be done quickly. Either way my family is excited to be there.

Are They using the same contractors then? One shouldn't have to do with the other if not.

For what its worth I was able to book a 2 bedroom lock off for Nov.24-Dec 4. So that will include a studio which was available so hopefully they will be done quickly. Either way my family is excited to be there.
Regardless of if they are using the same contractors, I don't believe I've seen 2 refurbs happening at the same time before. I don't think they will take large blocks of rooms out of service in 2 resorts at the same time.

Labor issues are real, so it may be the same contractors. But I agree it is more important that they don't want to take too many units out while they are trying to get people to burn points backlogged.

Yeah all dates for 2022 up the 11th month window are still bookable. So they haven't blocked anything off yet in the system. Once they start they will have to inform people likr they did last year with Poly that they will be moved.

With BR, I am not sure they will take out large blocks of rooms, will they? Maybe 1/2 a floor? They should do it in the summer when it's slow. I read somewhere that BR should go fast, because it is so small.

With BR, I am not sure they will take out large blocks of rooms, will they? Maybe 1/2 a floor? They should do it in the summer when it's slow. I read somewhere that BR should go fast, because it is so small.
I had heard that as well, a few months back (maybe in November?). Anyway, I didn't hear from a bus driver at Animal Kingdom, so it's probably not true.

Looks like a ton of Boulder Ridge studios just dropped into the system. Was able to get one for 5/24 Moonlight Magic.
Could be telling of the possible renovation (or another pushback)?

View attachment 648989
Looks like a ton of Boulder Ridge studios just dropped into the system. Was able to get one for 5/24 Moonlight Magic.
Could be telling of the possible renovation (or another pushback)?
Uuugh. I just noticed this this morning with the one bedrooms (wide open) and was wondering if this was due to refurbishment timeline. At my 11 month window we had to book split stays because we couldn't get all 3 rooms for Easter/17th at BRV. I still have a waitlist for an additional studio for the night 18th.

Loos like the end of the year might be the refurb? Gotta get GF all spiffed up first. :(
Could be sooner than you think. There were already pictures of new hallway carpet at Boulder Ridge.

Looks like October, November and December are mostly closed off for bookings. Not sure if thats high demand or if that will be the remodel window for some on the rooms.

Ok so I have studio 12/11-18th at BRV.
It was hard to get I had to piece it together and I have a second room on waitlist for guests.
So if I understand correctly there will definitely be construction then?
Or possible they will move us??

so bummed I have owned since 2007 and my 1st purposeful wilderness lodge Xmas vaca
Thanks

I’m getting extremely frustrated with the lack of transparency regarding the refurb schedule. How is it okay to keep this information from people who have ownership stake? The evil empire side of my brain says they are putting it off in the hopes more people will sell so they hold more inventory, will refurb, then sell at higher price. Hanging in means the value goes up for us, so great, but I have an 11mo window I can’t/won’t use for stained couches and broken cabinets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter