Boulder Ridge Renovation?

Update from my earlier post: I have not heard anything from DVC Member Satisfaction since my email to them last weekend other than the typical canned response “we’ve received your comments and will research your issue and get back to you as soon as possible.” I previously posted the email address in my first post above. However, I’ve got to say since there has been no response my gut feeling is telling me there is no major refurb scheduled at this time….and we are very nearly at August 1, 2022….highly unlikely a refurb will be done this year…especially since there has been no hint of any design or models yet. I don’t know about any other owners but I’m becoming a bit annoyed that my dues is paid on time…and has been paid on time for the past 21 years and the Powers that currently are in leadership at DVC only care about selling “new points”. This is NOT the DVC my family bought into 21 years ago.

Update from my earlier post: I have not heard anything from DVC Member Satisfaction since my email to them last weekend other than the typical canned response “we’ve received your comments and will research your issue and get back to you as soon as possible.” I previously posted the email address in my first post above. However, I’ve got to say since there has been no response my gut feeling is telling me there is no major refurb scheduled at this time….and we are very nearly at August 1, 2022….highly unlikely a refurb will be done this year…especially since there has been no hint of any design or models yet. I don’t know about any other owners but I’m becoming a bit annoyed that my dues is paid on time…and has been paid on time for the past 21 years and the Powers that currently are in leadership at DVC only care about selling “new points”. This is NOT the DVC my family bought into 21 years ago.
Well they did pull permits...

Image result for Batman Slapping Robin. Size: 193 x 100. Source: screenrant.com

Of which year?

*ducks*

Which would be okay if it wasn't the same points cost as CCV. Why isn't it a big discount like BWV is?
It's the other way around. CCV decided to match BR, after the extremely high charts at Poly and VGF. And there's no reason it had to. I doubt DVC makes that mistake again.

CCV's retro chart is going to be a real bargain as other stuff expires, like BC/BW now.

I had emailed earlier this year, and received this response:

“Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge is scheduled to have its full refurbishment 2022. This was announced during our Disney Vacation Club 2020 Annual Condominium Associations Meeting. Please keep in mind that this is subject to change without notice and for any updates visit our Member website for futher details.”

It was very much a canned response. I’ll email them again as well.

Does anyone know if the remodel at BRV will look like SSR new layout, with the queen and twin murphy beds in the living room area? Thanks.

So when do permits expire? Seems to me if they pull one there should be an time limit to when the job needs to be started and completed.....but I am far from an engineer.

If lights are flickering
During the week of July 11th, we did a split stay between CCV and BRV and BRV while not awful was definitely shabby. The TV was a mess with wires hanging out and the TV channels were not working correctly. I had to play with the cords sometimes for the channels to come through. Turning on the ceiling fan caused the light in the kitchenette to flicker. It wasn't a terrible room, but after being in CCV first, it certainly didn't help. Would not stay at BRV again until after the refurb is complete.

This sounds like a potential electrical fire hazard .
Maybe reference this discussion to member services .
If they receive a notice of potential electrical fire hazard,
they will respond.
I admit I know nothing about electrical but I would not ignore in my own house potential worrisome wiring.

Last edited:
I finally got a response to my email, and it was basically one line saying that the refurbishment was scheduled to begin this fall. Not sure if that is new information, but it’s inline with the speculation.

I finally got a response to my email, and it was basically one line saying that the refurbishment was scheduled to begin this fall. Not sure if that is new information, but it’s inline with the speculation.
Actually, it’s slightly more than has been squeezed out of them in the past. It seems like the canned response has previously just been a vague “starting in 2022”. Now, I get that they aren’t going to say in the Spring or Summer, because those have obviously passed and we only have two seasons left in the year, but it IS slightly less vague than previous responses to email inquiries.

Anyone have a guess on how long it will take from beginning to end? We have reservations 3/12 to 3/19.

I couldn't guess however my HOPE is that it takes longer than the 3-4 weeks they spent on it last time. At the very least I'd think enough should be done by your trip to have a good chance that it's close to done, at least as long as they start in early fall and not Dec 21st. The resort is not large so will be faster than others.

based on the SSR reno, with the same amount of work per unit...less than 2 months. It all depends on how serious they are about getting it done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter