Boulder Ridge Renovation?

It doesn't look that bad to me in those pictures. Dated but not gross.
....the room was very clean. It definitely had a 'dated' tired look to it. One doesn't really notice it unless they are doing a split stay to a newer, more newly-refurbished room. I'll show you a sample of what I mean:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgvQSueaL1ETrhlaEmgoKljaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

vs.
00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhWZH3imsadc3f56907yZeurnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJg_L5svU7C6dC3R0UrZHozEaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

vs.
00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjS7_bYL9p0uyV9fpLh66bMKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

and:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjUtVqiFVPijm-9Y_JtG9t3V7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

vs.
00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhSSvCkIcDYHNSwRfI5Y64KUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

Last edited:
It's clear to me they care only about selling new points.

I would urge anyone looking to buy at a new resort to take a look at the pics of the old resorts (BRV, BW, BC) to see what Disney considers "deluxe" and what you can expect your shiny new resort to look like in 15+ years.

What email address should use to express my displeasure?

This is what I said to the sales rep when we viewed RR. Our home resort is BW, I thought our room was fine until we went to see the rooms at RR. After that the rooms at BW looked very shabby. My thought/comment was RR looks great now but give it 20 years and see what it looks like then. The sales rep didn't have much to say about that, I wonder why???

One thing to keep in mind when comparing resorts like BR and SS, the resorts are themed so they aren't going to look the same nor should they. BR should be more rustic to my way of thinking. Log cabins in the national parks aren't glamorous, just something to keep in mind. Please don't flame me for that but if we are to keep with theming it's something to keep in mind.

This is what I said to the sales rep when we viewed RR. Our home resort is BW, I thought our room was fine until we went to see the rooms at RR. After that the rooms at BW looked very shabby....
THAT'S the word I was looking for!

This is what I said to the sales rep when we viewed RR. Our home resort is BW, I thought our room was fine until we went to see the rooms at RR. After that the rooms at BW looked very shabby. My thought/comment was RR looks great now but give it 20 years and see what it looks like then. The sales rep didn't have much to say about that, I wonder why???

One thing to keep in mind when comparing resorts like BR and SS, the resorts are themed so they aren't going to look the same nor should they. BR should be more rustic to my way of thinking. Log cabins in the national parks aren't glamorous, just something to keep in mind. Please don't flame me for that but if we are to keep with theming it's something to keep in mind.

Agree 100%.

We own at BRV and Wilderness Lodge our family's absolute favorite resort, however we have only stayed at BRV once and the studio was so bad that our room was moved. Thankfully we were upgraded to a one bedroom.
CCV has been our saving grace and while the rooms are beautiful, i hope the decor at BRV maintains the rustic mountain theming in a more modern/updated style (Aspen, Colorado comes to mind).

Does anyone know what to expect with this long over due refurb? Any photos of what to expect that are noto so old that they are no longer useful?
Lets just say that the test rooms are going to be so old by the time they finally start that they'll be called "ghastly" too. Actually they probably won't be able to get the items they planned to use so will have to spend a few more months coming up with a new design. :rolleyes:

Agree and disagree. Disagree, announcing a new resort (Big Pine Key) when we were already in line are the Disney exec's giving us the finger. They knew what resorts were in line for refurb but chose to have new property cut the line for new sales. Agree, once it is done we will have the best and sought after resort. There are no other resorts as quaint and well themed as BRV. That is why we bought there not for the rooms.....but that was 3 years ago so hurry up already!
And before the VGF conversion that they bumped ahead of BRV it was the Poly refurb. BRV was scheduled before that but then Disney decided to refurb the hotel side while it was closed down and DVC jumped in for an unscheduled time too. :headache:

And before the VGF conversion that they bumped ahead of BRV it was the Poly refurb. BRV was scheduled before that but then Disney decided to refurb the hotel side while it was closed down and DVC jumped in for an unscheduled time too. :headache:

Yes Disney is just making improvements that will earn them NEW revenue, not that will benefit long time members. Hilton Head(full) and Beach Club(refresh) are scheduled for 2022 and are sitting silent as well.

Thankfully the refurb is almost starting. This is one of my favourite resorts, but a bit like I did with SSR, we are holding off booking until that refurb is done. I am hoping I can get a 1 or 2 bed there Xmas 2023.

Theres a one bedrom available during our March 2023 trip, tempted to book it before the 7 month window opens. Thing is, its that or an SSR one bedroom, so BRV is only preferable at this time if the remodel has been completed!

Theres a one bedrom available during our March 2023 trip, tempted to book it before the 7 month window opens. Thing is, its that or an SSR one bedroom, so BRV is only preferable at this time if the remodel has been completed!
We have a 1 bedroom during March in hopes IF they start by September or October we could get one refurbed big IF... we will take the risk though.

For all BRV owners interested in following this thread…I sent an email to the DVC Member Satisfaction team his past weekend (7/23) regarding the extremely delayed refurbishment at our home resort. So far, I have had crickets in response. I will post when/if I get a response to my questions. In the meantime, those owners who would like some answers also…the email address is dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

For all BRV owners interested in following this thread…I sent an email to the DVC Member Satisfaction team his past weekend (7/23) regarding the extremely delayed refurbishment at our home resort. So far, I have had crickets in response. I will post when/if I get a response to my questions. In the meantime, those owners who would like some answers also…the email address is dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com
...it's like the 'forgotten' DVC.

It's clear to me they care only about selling new points.

I would urge anyone looking to buy at a new resort to take a look at the pics of the old resorts (BRV, BW, BC) to see what Disney considers "deluxe" and what you can expect your shiny new resort to look like in 15+ years.

What email address should use to express my displeasure?
The problem with the resorts that you mention is that the original DVC refurb schedule dating back to 1991 was flawed. The plan was to not perform a tear-down-to-the-studs renovation until DVC resorts were 24 years old. And for the first two decades of DVC, the capital improvement fund was budgeted with that in mind.

Under that schedule, Boulder Ridge would have received even less of an update in 2014, and it would still be 2 years away from its first major refurb in 2024.

In late 2015, DVC announced that they were accelerating the schedule, alternating between soft goods and hard goods refurb every 7 years. But by the time that decision was made, BRV had already completed its first (modest) refurb and BWV & BCV were scheduled to begin in a few months with no time to collect more meaningful contributions from owners. As a result, those resorts got sort of a half-hearted full refurb, coming much earlier than was planned.

Setting aside personal feelings about decor choices, the recent refurbs at OKW, PVB, VGF and (most meaningfully) Saratoga Springs suggest that they're now doing a better job of budgeting for these projects. I don't know exactly why BRV was delayed but I expect all 3 of those resorts will get more attention this time around.

During the week of July 11th, we did a split stay between CCV and BRV and BRV while not awful was definitely shabby. The TV was a mess with wires hanging out and the TV channels were not working correctly. I had to play with the cords sometimes for the channels to come through. Turning on the ceiling fan caused the light in the kitchenette to flicker. It wasn't a terrible room, but after being in CCV first, it certainly didn't help. Would not stay at BRV again until after the refurb is complete.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter