Borrow a pin code?

glencoe

DIS Veteran

A friend at work got a pin code in the mail for free dining from the end of april until august 13th.. I have a vaca. booked starting aug. 14th with a 35% discount on my rooms. Here are my questions:

1. Can I use my friends code or is it "person specific?

2. If I can which is a better discount..free dining (family of 5) or the 35% off the polynesian?

My dates are sort of flexible.

Thanks!!:goodvibes

A friend at work got a pin code in the mail for free dining from the end of april until august 13th.. I have a vaca. booked starting aug. 14th with a 35% discount on my rooms. Here are my questions:

2. If I can which is a better discount..free dining (family of 5) or the 35% off the polynesian?

You can't use someone else's PIN code so that kind of makes question #2 moot. However, the answer would be that it depends on the a few factors. One factor is the ages of the family members (are they all Disney adults?) and also what type of room you have at the Poly (garden view or theme park concierge?)

Add up the cost of the dining plan per night for your family...$$44.55/adult, $11.99/child for most dates.

Multiply the nightly rate for your Poly room by .35.

Whichever one turns out to be bigger is the better deal.

If the dining plan turns out to be a better deal, you might want to call Disney to see if there is a free dining PIN attached to your name.

I have been told that each pin code can be used to make up to three reservations. That the person who has the pin code attached to their name can call and make a reservation in another person's name using their pincode,

So, they have told me that I can use my FD pin code to make my reservation, and I can also use that to make a reservation for my friends who are travelling with us, but the dates are slightly different - just putting the reservation under their name and address - and they make all of the payments.

All this to say...I would ask your friend to call and double check.

Were you told that by someone at Disney? It says on the mailing I have that it is non-transferrable.

It's totally not transferable. My friend received one but it was in her 11 year old daughters name. It was like 40% off and when she called they said that because the payment method had to match the name of the person the pin code was for. Even after she explained that there'd been an error and her daughter was a minor and unable to secure a credit card in her name to make the payment, she was told "Sorry, it's non-transferable".

It's totally not transferable. My friend received one but it was in her 11 year old daughters name. It was like 40% off and when she called they said that because the payment method had to match the name of the person the pin code was for. Even after she explained that there'd been an error and her daughter was a minor and unable to secure a credit card in her name to make the payment, she was told "Sorry, it's non-transferable".

Hmmm....
I find that interesting and in direct conflict with our experience.
I received a pin code in a name other than mine and with our address. Well I made a reservation and successfully used the pin code (and I made all of the payments) but the name of the person who was issued the pin code was on our reservation as a person in our travelling party. I had NO problems at all doing it this way.
so I am not sure why you were told you couldn't use the pin code issued to your daughter if she was travelling with you. I would've recommended calling back again since I don't think that CM was completely knowledgable. :confused3

I would also ask if you can use two discount promos at the same time. I've been told in the past that I could only use one or the other and not both, and both were in my own name.

I have been told that each pin code can be used to make up to three reservations. That the person who has the pin code attached to their name can call and make a reservation in another person's name using their pincode,

So, they have told me that I can use my FD pin code to make my reservation, and I can also use that to make a reservation for my friends who are travelling with us, but the dates are slightly different - just putting the reservation under their name and address - and they make all of the payments.

All this to say...I would ask your friend to call and double check.

You can use a PIN to book 3 rooms - BUT the person who's name the PIN is under must be checking in as well. I am not sure what the timing is (you mentioned your dates are slightly different) but I would still call and confirm just to be sure. Especially if they are arriving before you.

If you're checking in beginning Augsut 14 and the pin code is only thru August 13 you couldnt use it anyway.

Were you told that by someone at Disney? It says on the mailing I have that it is non-transferrable.

I was told that by two different CM's. My daughter is to arrive 2 days before me, and her and her family stay in one room at a different resort then us - therefore their package days would be different then mine, and my friends were to arrive 1 day after us. Basically they were allowing me to make three seperate package reservations using the same pin.

Each CM confirmed that I could make seperate reservations, under my daughers name, and my friends name, and that none of the travel dates had to match and that each party would be responsible for their own payments.

When I called last week to see if there was a pin attached to my name the CM said she would check my "household" and we actually had a free dining pin. :cool1: I thanked her and made my reservations online for myself, my sister and my kids. When I got the actual flyer in the mail it was addressed to my husband (and it had the same pin # that the CM gave me over the phone). The pin was not in my name and my husband is not going but we were still able to use the pin with his name on it. When you book your reservations online you put in the pin # and your last name then a verification address comes up--there's no point at which a first name is put in with the code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter