Booking two separate resorts same time until decided????

Ronferr80

Mouseketeer
Apologize in advance if this has been answered before or if its a silly question but was just curious.....

Lets say I am undecided about 2 resorts (For Example: Beach Club and Poly) can I call Disney and make two separate room only reservations for same exact dates so I can make sure I have my desired rooms, views, etc until I decide which resort?

Thank you in advance for any help!!!! :)

Yes, I believe so. I had two reservations booked that overlapped all but one day when I was waiting for SW to release flights.

Curious: ho would that work with fast passes? Would you have to book two separate groups is passes?

Yes, I have done this. If you do a room only reservation you will be charged a down payment. When you cancel the one you don't want the deposit will be refunded for the room you canceled.

Yes, I have done this. If you do a room only reservation you will be charged a down payment. When you cancel the one you don't want the deposit will be refunded for the room you canceled.

That's what I was hoping would happen!! Just was hoping for some feedback before I called. Didn't know if Disney's system would notify them that I already had a room reservation or if I would have to cancel one before making another. Thanks for this info!!

Curious: ho would that work with fast passes? Would you have to book two separate groups is passes?

Never thought about that. My whole intention would be to book the two room types at the hotels that I'm deciding on (Room only bookings) then once I decide on which hotel then cancel the other one. I would hope/assume that I will have that decision made before dining or fast pass reservations need to be made.....

Apologize in advance if this has been answered before or if its a silly question but was just curious.....

Lets say I am undecided about 2 resorts (For Example: Beach Club and Poly) can I call Disney and make two separate room only reservations for same exact dates so I can make sure I have my desired rooms, views, etc until I decide which resort?

I am in this boat currently.... We had a resort booked for a couple of months already, but a better deal came up with a Dining Plan we want, but at the moment I'm unsure which resort to take because the one without the dining plan is hands down a nicer option. Still it will probably end up $700 more once we pay for food. I have both reservations in MDE at the moment, both for the same dates. One will be cancelled shortly, once I decide which one ;)

I am in this boat currently.... We had a resort booked for a couple of months already, but a better deal came up with a Dining Plan we want, but at the moment I'm unsure which resort to take because the one without the dining plan is hands down a nicer option. Still it will probably end up $700 more once we pay for food. I have both reservations in MDE at the moment, both for the same dates. One will be cancelled shortly, once I decide which one ;)

So it can be done!!! On the other hand sounds like you have some tougher decisions to make then me!! :) We are planning our trip for April 2018 and keep flip flopping between resorts so was thinking about booking both rooms for now until a decision can be made. Though now I'm reading and thinking about possibly doing a split stay since we will be going for 9 nights 10 days...... Anyways good luck with your decision and like I always say...there is no wrong decision because you'll still end up in Disney and how bad could that be!!!!! Thanks again for your response!!

So it can be done!!! On the other hand sounds like you have some tougher decisions to make then me!! :) We are planning our trip for April 2018 and keep flip flopping between resorts so was thinking about booking both rooms for now until a decision can be made. Though now I'm reading and thinking about possibly doing a split stay since we will be going for 9 nights 10 days...... Anyways good luck with your decision and like I always say...there is no wrong decision because you'll still end up in Disney and how bad could that be!!!!! Thanks again for your response!!

Yes I actually just booked the 2nd resort only yesterday :) Now when I look under my reservations or in the MDE app, both are there.
You are totally right, it will be Disney (and still a nice resort) so I know it will all right. IF we could add the dining plan to our original reservation, it would cost $1000 more. Since we would pay for food OOP, I'm guessing around $700 more. I think we can do it, but DH likes to have everything pre-paid in advance and not worry about what we are ordering... so we'll see ;)
Good like with your decision as well.

I do this frequently, to hold onto a room until we decide where we want to stay. It can be done and won't affect your fast passes. As long as you have SOMETHING booked, tour fast passes we remain intact even after you cancel the second reservation.

Yes, I recently had 3 at the same time for trip in November. If you don't mind paying the deposit and waiting to get it back when you cancel it's not a big deal. In March I had two at the same time. Oldest DD decided to come at last minute and we needed larger room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter