"Bomb Cyclone" Weather Event

RedAngie

Sea Level Lady
In other words, winter is here.

What does one wear for such an awesome event? I still have time to hit Macy's or Lord & Taylor to find a smashing outfit. Or will Walmart attire suffice?

Did the Weather Channel christen this storm with a name yet?

LOL, I just checked the weather channel website and saw that. I was like *** is a bomb cyclone.
I think this one is Grayson :)

Yes, I heard that term when I was watching the weather but at that moment I didn't have time to stick around to learn what it meant. Do I want to know what it means?! I probably should since we already have a blizzard warning in effect.

I don't know what is appropriate attire, but I just braved Market Basket - which was absolutely bananas, by the way - to get a new "Ergie" shovel! I saw it advertised while I was at the dentist and I marched right down to Market Basket and got the second to last one! Can't wait to test it out!

;) This just doesn't make any sense......how could it be freezing out???? The earth makes its CLOSEST approach to the sun about January 3 or 4.

Very concerned that people are so uninformed about the etiquette of dressing for this event. How shameful
;) This just doesn't make any sense......how could it be freezing out???? The earth makes its CLOSEST approach to the sun about January 3 or 4.

Pull yourself together, the important consideration is whether or not you are schooling yourself in the proper fashion the occasion calls for! Nobody got time for science-y stuff at this point.

25395980_10155554982214998_7209585618920151399_n.jpg

I didn't think cyclones occurred in this hemisphere -- and I have never heard of a bomb cyclone until now.

I'm pretty sure etiquette says you shouldn't wear white.

A large scale airmass that rotates around a center of low pressure doesn't occur in this hemisphere? News to me.

In other words, winter is here.

What does one wear for such an awesome event? I still have time to hit Macy's or Lord & Taylor to find a smashing outfit. Or will Walmart attire suffice?

Did the Weather Channel christen this storm with a name yet?

Proper attire for this event is pajama pants, a tshirt and a hoodie.

I'll likely put my boots on along with my winter coat at some point tomorrow to supervise the teenager as he shovels.

http://weather.ou.edu/~mbergman/bombcyclogenesis/index2.html

_Simply put, bomb cyclogenesis is the formation of an "extratropical area of low pressure in which the central barometric pressure drops at least 24 millibars in 24 hours." [1] However, it should be noted that this represents the most common case in areas that are north of 60 degrees latitude. Sanders and Gyakum, who coined the term "Bomb Cyclones" set the pressure falls needed to reach bomb status at 19 millibars in 24 hours at 45 degrees and 23 millibars in 24 hours at 55 degrees. [2]

_____The following is a list of four basics facts about bomb cyclones: [3]

__________A) They have cold air and cold air fronts.
__________B) They form under strong uppper level winds.
__________C) They occur during the winter.
__________D) The mainly form in the Northwest Pacific and Northwest Atlantic (which
____________ means that they may have something to do with the formation of Nor'easters).

What does one wear? I am wearing my jammies, or sweats, and blankie. NO SCHOOL, NO WORK, it's already cancelled for tomorrow, WAHOO!! A day off with pay, so I can finish my Christmas books!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter