"Bomb Cyclone" Weather Event

Too funny about Market Basket. The one they were talking about on the news said they had 36 checkout lanes open with lines going all the way to the back of the store. People were following others to their car to get a cart.

I think I would have hit up another store at that point. That is insane.

BUT I do wish Target and Walmart would follow their lead and open every lane!

Stay warm and safe all. Here in Central Mass. snow just started picking up. I can handle the 12-16 inches of snow. It's that darn cold that's going to follow that stinks!

They were setting up the portable check out aisles as I was leaving! Yes, I'm worried about the post storm cold too! It seems like there's been a lot of coastal flooding too.

I'm in Swampscott, MA - I LOVE Market Basket! Been a loyal MB gal my whole life! Channel 5 News FB page had a video of the Chelsea MB today - lines down the aisle, lol! I'm surprised they haven't made it to Bangor! Y'all definitely have more snow than us at this point!

I miss Market Basket!! We moved to the western part of the state several years ago & there is nothing out here as affordable as Market Basket. & I miss their Thin & Trim brand deli meats.

Some of us are working this storm but with a smile. Our drink package is $700 for 2 of us thank you Mother Nature. :D

Howdy there neighbor!!! Salem here, we live off Washington Sq.

Wow! We're definitely neighbors - I'm about 10 minutes down the road! Hope you still have power! I think the Bruins were postponed...

I miss Market Basket!! We moved to the western part of the state several years ago & there is nothing out here as affordable as Market Basket. & I miss their Thin & Trim brand deli meats.

Okay, I do not mean to hijack this thread into a Market Basket tribute, but it's the best! As long as you're emotionally prepared for the crowds! Strange there aren't any in the Western part of the state? My SIL is South of Boston and she doesn't have one either - she wants to go on field trips when she visits!

Okay, back to thunder snow!

I have not been to the brand new Lynn one but I hear it's nice! Have you been? I feel like I "know" my Salem one, so I'm sticking with that one for the moment!
I love "my" Danvers store*, but Lynn is amazing.
but it was still early and I really wanted that new shovel!
Love that shovel. I live in an apartment and don't have a car, but even though it's expensive compared to standard shovels, it looks to be worth every cent.

Not much snow here, maybe 3 or 4 inches, but the winds were ferocious. It's pretty much died down by now. Much of the snow piled up in a drift on my front porch right against the door. :furious:

Hope everybody else is doing or did OK.

I love "my" Danvers store*, but Lynn is amazing.

Love that shovel. I live in an apartment and don't have a car, but even though it's expensive compared to standard shovels, it looks to be worth every cent.

I haven't test driven it yet - too blowy and drifty - but I'll let you know tomorrow! I've never been to the Danvers store - is that by the Savers? I've heard the Lynn one is like the one I go to a lot in the summer in Seabrook, NH. Big café!

Not much snow here, maybe 3 or 4 inches, but the winds were ferocious. It's pretty much died down by now. Much of the snow piled up in a drift on my front porch right against the door. :furious:

Hope everybody else is doing or did OK.

Not sure how much we have - looks like a foot but it's blowing around a lot so it's hard to tell! We get drifts like that too - on one side it blocks the door, then on the other you can still see the grass most times! Our power has blinked a few times but on for now. Stay warm everyone!

They've already called off school for tomorrow and I'm out of nacho supplies...

I think we have gotten around 16-18 inches. Seems to be mostly done at this point and dh and the kids just went back out to snowblow and shovel again. Heading out to help them now.

Enjoy!

I haven't test driven it yet - too blowy and drifty - but I'll let you know tomorrow! I've never been to the Danvers store - is that by the Savers? I've heard the Lynn one is like the one I go to a lot in the summer in Seabrook, NH. Big café!

Well, technically Savers is by Market Basket, since MB was there first :)
Yeah, I've never been to Seabrook (used to go to Shaw's up there, I think because Market Basket was always so busy) but Lynn is big and bright. Two aisles of dairy, dairy-type, and other refrigerated products. Deluxe meat counter. Market Café. Huge parking. Good traffic flow. Nothing else shares the lot.

My neighbor went opening day and got a bunch hof free/cheap Grand Opening stuff. Shook Arthur's hand.

Howdy there neighbor!!! Salem here, we live off Washington Sq.

I lived on Jefferson Ave for 2 years while I was in college, worked in a local bar (Major Magleashe's) for 4 years in the early 1980s!

Yeah, I've never been to Seabrook (used to go to Shaw's up there, I think because Market Basket was always so busy) but Lynn is big and bright. Two aisles of dairy, dairy-type, and other refrigerated products. Deluxe meat counter. Market Café. Huge parking. Good traffic flow. Nothing else shares the lot.

My neighbor went opening day and got a bunch hof free/cheap Grand Opening stuff. Shook Arthur's hand.

Looks like we're gonna have to swing through Lynn the next time we visit the relatives in Malden!

And just to update on "What to Wear" for Bombogenesis, I donned my madly-patterned LulaRoe leggings, green socks, green sweater. I was stylin'... If tomorrow is also a day off, I think I'll go with the purple sweater, Ursula LulaRoes, and purple socks. Gotta match the socks!

Okay, I do not mean to hijack this thread into a Market Basket tribute, but it's the best! As long as you're emotionally prepared for the crowds! Strange there aren't any in the Western part of the state? My SIL is South of Boston and she doesn't have one either - she wants to go on field trips when she visits!

Okay, back to thunder snow!
Idk how far down she is, but there are relatively new MB stores in both Plymouth and Bourne.

:laughing: I know "south of Boston" is a big range, but if she's not too far from West Bridgewater, there's one there.

The past week or so we've gotten somewhere around a foot or so, mostly in 2-3 inch increments (Midwest). Younger son's school has been closed the past few days because of the cold. Yesterday was dumb, since most of the day it was in the low-teens. Today, however, it's below zero, so I can understand.

The Seabrook one is wonderful...ah, the donuts! Clearly I need to make my way to the Lynn one! I really wanted to go to the grand opening, specifically to see Arthur! That's awesome! If you haven't seen "Food Fight: Inside the Battle for Market Basket", it is very interesting.

And just to update on "What to Wear" for Bombogenesis, I donned my madly-patterned LulaRoe leggings, green socks, green sweater. I was stylin'... If tomorrow is also a day off, I think I'll go with the purple sweater, Ursula LulaRoes, and purple socks. Gotta match the socks!

Ain't that Tru deau about matching socks! :teeth:

Of course it helps if your eyes are steel blue, and your hair is jet black too!

Last edited:
I just laugh when they start in on this nonsense. I wonder what would happen if they got real winter. I watched some newscaster this morning from Charlotte reporting (with a few flakes falling and a breeze) saying "it's a blizzard here...." LOL. Seriously? I could see you. Therefore, not a blizzard. A blizzard is where I can't see you if you are more than 3 feet from the camera.

I get that the south is ill equipped to handle almost any amount of snow, but the kind of snow that fell there doesn't even merit a mention when it happens here.

You southerners can't handle snow.
Sincerely, 50+ car pile ups in recent years in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter