Blue Bayou to begin selling alcohol

100% in favor of this in context of table service restaurant...while I am not advocating for a "Mikey and Friends Cocktail Lounge" in the main hub, in DL I think it is just fine with sit down meal service.

And I am concerned about what Disney would consider a "Hurricane Cocktail" -- I have a feeling it's not going to resemble a traditional Hurricane at all.

Someone is going to have to bite the bullet and research this. :drinking1

100% in favor of this in context of table service restaurant...while I am not advocating for a "Mikey and Friends Cocktail Lounge" in the main hub, in DL I think it is just fine with sit down meal service.
I feel the same, as long as alcohol is contained within a location I don't have a problem with it being served. I also feel those ordering alcohol with a meal are less likely to over consume.

Someone is going to have to bite the bullet and research this. :drinking1

This is supposedly the "Best Traditional NOLA Hurricane" recipe. I can testify that it's delicious. And just one is enough for a nice little buzz. But I'm a lightweight so YMMV. And I have a feeling that DL will probably 'pour light'.

2 oz light rum
2 oz dark rum
2 oz passion fruit juice
1 oz orange juice
1/2 oz fresh lime juice
1 tbsp simple syrup
1 tbsp grenadine

Shake with ice, strain into a Hurricane glass. Garnish with orange slice & cherry

I'm of the opinion that "what Walt wanted in 1955" and "what Walt might want in 2021" could be very different things, indeed. As a result, I am fine with this change, and delighted to be able to have a glass of wine with my surf and turf. Drinking soda with it just seemed so WRONG.

I'm of the opinion that "what Walt wanted in 1955" and "what Walt might want in 2021" could be very different things, indeed. As a result, I am fine with this change, and delighted to be able to have a glass of wine with my surf and turf. Drinking soda with it just seemed so WRONG.
You are so right.

A bra shop on main street?? Never knew that!

As an adult with no kids, I’ll absolutely enjoy this. I always feel the drinks are priced high enough and weak enough that for the extreme majority it won’t be a problem and if it does become a problem, make it a hard limit of one drink a guest or something.

That said, I’ll be furious if this place doesn’t have a proper Mint Julep!!!! (Honestly, I feel like Walt would’ve been someone to enjoy a nice Julep)

I'm classified as a heavy drinker. I'm opposed to this..... ish. I don't want DL to become DCA. I think BB is fine, but I still don't like Olga's.

Me neither. Because who the heck is "Mikey"? :-)

This is supposedly the "Best Traditional NOLA Hurricane" recipe. I can testify that it's delicious. And just one is enough for a nice little buzz. But I'm a lightweight so YMMV. And I have a feeling that DL will probably 'pour light'.
Thanks for taking one for the team on this! 🍹

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter