Blackish

I thought it was odd that they specifically mentioned that the family was staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Mom & Grandparents even talked about going back to the resort, yet they never showed any scenes there. I was hoping since we just stayed there in April. Oh well, it was an obvious ABC/WDW 30 minute commerical, but I still giggled like a school girl every time I saw somewhere we had just been. My husband, not so much! haha. A lot of eye rolling from him.

Ok, I've never watched this show before, but of course my love of WDW made me want to watch. I didn't like this show, at all, and was fighting not to turn it off, and I just got to the part in AK when the son pitches a fit and throws his drink, and I'm out. Can't take it anymore. Not finding any of this funny.

Quick Overview of locations
Times include the commercial breaks:

22 min: Exp. Everest queue

Is it just me or were they actually in the Kali River Rapids queue when they were supposed to be in the Everest queue? I wasn't sure but that's what it looked like to my "untrained" eye lol.

I liked the episode, when is a tv comedy realistic???!?!? They filmed where it worked for them. I enjoyed it, I don't care if it's unrealistic, it's not a documentary about a family's week at disney..

What really bugged me is it felt like a 30 minute piece on how disney knows it's crowded but your going to have a great time anyway.. Of course if you want to make it rain on disney, they can speed up those lines for you.. It was just a puff piece of come to disney, we're crowded but you'll love being here.....

I liked the episode, when is a tv comedy realistic???!?!? They filmed where it worked for them. I enjoyed it, I don't care if it's unrealistic, it's not a documentary about a family's week at disney..

I totally agree! It's Hollywood, when are they ever exactly accurate? I enjoy this show and this episode entertained me. To me, it did kind of feel like 1 big commercial, but I didn't mind. It just got me more excited for our quick trip in less than a month! :goodvibes

I've never once seen the show and only happened to be watching what was on before when they said that the so and so family was going to Walt Disney World! I called my kids and we sat and watched since we leave in a few days! I was not impressed with the show, the park hopping drove me INSANE and I managed to buy 1 thing from the parks app that I saw the grandpa wearing in the show! LOL

Is it just me or were they actually in the Kali River Rapids queue when they were supposed to be in the Everest queue? I wasn't sure but that's what it looked like to my "untrained" eye lol.
That's what I thought too. It def. was not the EE line.

:goofy:
I've never once seen the show and only happened to be watching what was on before when they said that the so and so family was going to Walt Disney World! I called my kids and we sat and watched since we leave in a few days! I was not impressed with the show, the park hopping drove me INSANE and I managed to buy 1 thing from the parks app that I saw the grandpa wearing in the show! LOL
Please tell me it was his Goofy hat!

Hahahaha, nope we already own that!! It was his light up alien necklace!!! We leave in a few days and I am having it shipped to the resort so that it is actually waiting for us there, I want it the first night and was pretty sure our resort wouldn't have it and I didn't want to risk it not making it to us at home before we leave!

How did they get into the park and their rooms without those magic bands? And no pin code so how were they charging things?

I thought the Everest queue looked off, is is that long out in the sun?

We also thought it was odd they were saying the boy twin was too short for rides like Space, in the beginning, because my son rode it before he turned 4. Then they had him riding things, so I guess that was a joke.

We watch this show, but the writing is very uneven from episode to episode. Some things bug me, like we worked hard to get the kids to Disneyland, and they show the grampa (as a Dad) breaking into a car to steal the tickets. (ok it was his own car? that was weird) I just thought it was a stereotype of the worst kind. I groaned outloud.

Interesting? that cup at AK with the whistle in the handle. LOL/

Edit: just saw people saying that was the Kali queue, thanks!

We watch this show, but the writing is very uneven from episode to episode. Some things bug me, like we worked hard to get the kids to Disneyland, and they show the grampa (as a Dad) breaking into a car to steal the tickets. (ok it was his own car? that was weird) I just thought it was a stereotype of the worst kind. I groaned outloud.
I don't know if you watch the show or not but its all about stereotypes so that wasn't unexpected.

Heh - Just to throw out, if you saw the latest Jason Bourne movie with the grand finale in Vegas:

They chase Bourne through a nice area in the Aria hotel to get to the elevators. There's no elevators there - that's the entrance to a restaurant but the actual elevator area is very non-descript so it was just nicer to use that area.

Later there's a large car chase down the Vegas strip. They race down the strip for 5 minutes in a section of the strip that actually takes about 5 seconds to go down...
(Spoilers below)
The chase ends at the Bally's hotel where Bourne cuts off the bad guy and slams into his car which causes them both to race out of control and immediately slam into...
The Riviera hotel about 3 miles down the road. (which was about to be demolished anyway so it was a good photo-op)
:)

Nope - VIP tours are a real thing. I don't know whether they actually allow people to skip straight to the front of the line, though - I think they just enter the FP lines for the duration of the tour.
We were at MK in May and Adrian Peterson (Minnesota Vikings) and Family on a VIP tour came in the exit of Goofy's Barnstormer, jumped on and then moved on to meet Minnie.... I don't think that went through the entrance for her either. Not sure if that's typical but seemed really really cool!

We were at MK in May and Adrian Peterson (Minnesota Vikings) and Family on a VIP tour came in the exit of Goofy's Barnstormer, jumped on and then moved on to meet Minnie.... I don't think that went through the entrance for her either. Not sure if that's typical but seemed really really cool!

Celebrities (most of whom are forced to have a VIP guide for security reasons) almost always enter through the exit. Other VIPs just go through FP line.

A big thank you to OP for posting this!
We watched it last night and I thought it wasn't bad. Wished they had shown more of the new "Soarin", lol.
Someone here mentioned that they filmed the episode in August...my only question is were all those people in lineups just regular parkgoers, and why weren't they dripping in sweat and looking miserable in the heat? Makes me actually think a late summer trip is actually doable :)

It was my first time watching the show. Disney achieved it's goal. I want to go to Disney World!

The show itself was not one I'd watch again though.

I am not a fan of the show either but I did watch it last night only because of the Disney aspect. But just like all the other show they film in the parks they jump around to all the parks a lot to show off more of the attractions.

Of course there where those few things that stuck out to me right away but I know it was all fake anyways. Like riding on the parade, eating a turkey legs in AK (which I thought they got ride of) and getting into the park with out the bands lol

But its made for TV lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter