Blackish

I wonder how many people will have watched the show and forever more equate that staircase with soarin. Then maybe 20 years from now go on the dis and ask if soarin didn't used to have an outdoor staircase entry.

I know I have some weird memories like that from when I was little. I swear something happened/was available at Disney but it turns out it never was. Must have come from a dream or perhaps a TV show.

I wonder how many people will have watched the show and forever more equate that staircase with soarin. Then maybe 20 years from now go on the dis and ask if soarin didn't used to have an outdoor staircase entry.

I know I have some weird memories like that from when I was little. I swear something happened/was available at Disney but it turns out it never was. Must have come from a dream or perhaps a TV show.

I was talking with some one recently who insisted that her first roller coaster was called "Mickey Mouse Ears" at Disneyland and it had two big loops. We all know, that's not a thing. I think she means California Screamin' but she'd have none of that. She REMEMBERED it.

Last edited:
They don't wait in line at all!

During our VIP tour, while we did enter through the fast Pass line, we never got to skip to the front of that line. If a ride didn't have a fast pass line, we could not skip to the front. Also, unless planned ahead, we could not skip to the front for character meet and greets. We had planned ahead with a coordinator to meet the Star Wars characters in the Launch Bay, as well as Ana & Elsa. Our guide scheduled these preset times to meet for us therefore we got to bypass the lines.

That's the basic VIP tours, if you pay more you can bypass the lines entirely through a VIP entrance that only some rides have and if they don't have those entrances there are other way to bypass the lines. It's all in how much was spent.

Didn't know that, thanks for letting me know...

Where were they when the grandparents and the mom were talking about how they wanted to go home? The grandfather was drinking a drink. It looked like Epcot and maybe Morocco but I've never seen that outside bar area before.

That's the basic VIP tours, if you pay more you can bypass the lines entirely through a VIP entrance that only some rides have and if they don't have those entrances there are other way to bypass the lines. It's all in how much was spent.
I've never seen any information about different tiers of VIP tours -- other than what Disney provides for celebrities, as previously mentioned. Are you saying that the (only) VIP tour that Disney offers/advertises is just the "basic" tour? And there are other, secret tours that provide more access for more money?

I'm a big fan of the show and loved the WDW episode. Knowing the lay of the land, it was funny to see all the jumping around via TV magic!

I occasionally like, but don't love Blackish: some episodes are better than others. Wasn't crazy about this one only because it felt too "on the nose"/heavy handed. 30 minutes of awkwardly obvious product placement vs a clever sitcom script.

I can just envision the WDW execs walking into the writers' room one Mon morning and giving the writers a long list of all the things script had to include. The writers all rolling their eyes and phoning it in.

The storyline just felt forced around all the benefit points they were trying to cram into the 30 min - it was more a corporate infomercial than a creative TV script.

It's definitely not about whether it was realistic or not.. it's TV...doesn't have to be, to be entertaining. It was just too lazy and obvious. Instead of using the parks to tell a funny story in a smart, clever way, I felt it was more like "let's make a 30 min infomercial about WDW." "Oh yeah - use the Blackish cast".

I thought the Middle did it much better a few seasons back. So did Modern Family. And the Simpsons did a hysterical parody years ago - can't remember if they used actual names or a fake version - but they landed some great zingers and had fun with it

Last edited:
I just need to know....does the grandpa's whistling drink cup really exist? If so, I need to know where to get it since my husband wants it! Lol

Yes! It's called an Ocarina cup (shoutout to Zelda, lol). I can't recall offhand which bars/stands have them, but if you look at the AK menus, they have a few different drinks listed as being served in them.

And the Simpsons did a hysterical parody years ago - can't remember if they used actual names or a fake version - but they landed some great zingers and had fun with it

The Simpsons usually uses Krusty's own Itchy & Scratchy Land, which is so great. The Soarin' over Springfield parody was great from a more recent one.

They did once got to Epcot for a Teacher of the Year award for Mrs. K. They made it seem pretty horrible, and Homer jumped over the fence into "Disney World" which was so beautiful for him to behold. He bought a $15 dollar churro before getting caught.

The Simpsons usually uses Krusty's own Itchy & Scratchy Land, which is so great. The Soarin' over Springfield parody was great from a more recent one.

They did once got to Epcot for a Teacher of the Year award for Mrs. K. They made it seem pretty horrible, and Homer jumped over the fence into "Disney World" which was so beautiful for him to behold. He bought a $15 dollar churro before getting caught.

http://www.****************.com/sites/default/files/u2558/2014-12-09%2009.07.51.png

Errors and all, I did enjoy the fast paced, upbeat scenes in WDW. Never saw this show until last night but I don't think I will watch it in the future; not my style.

I don't feel most people would be misled by the obvious tv production setups. And the average person knows that Florida is hot in the summer!

Pic might be to large --- Simpsons was very funny episode !!
fb39a0a70fef82868898d5d18bad2726.jpg

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter