Black Friday Buddies 2011 Unite!

Veteran BF'er here! Love the mass choas and fabulous deals!

Strange buy for BF, I know. But, like a few others, we really want a new King mattress. Anyone think those will have great deals? Or nothing other than the usual "sale"?

Also, need suggestions on a good one. Heard Sealy wasn't the best. Some swear by sleep number, others not....argh. What about temperpedic ones? Jaunting around with my DH at stores and laying on beds and blah-blahing with store salesmen sounds like a rather miserable day, and does it really tell you anything in the short minutes you sit/lay on a mattress? Open to all suggestions and help!

Many thanks!

We really need a new mattress as well . I hate buying a mattress. I am not picky but my DH is so I have decided that I will give him a budget and he can go buy what he wants and deal with the sales people.

What is everyone's favorite BF store? I love Kohls and Target. If I could only go to two stores these would be the ones I go to. I love the fact though that some stores are open on Thanksgiving day. I hit up Old Navy now on Thanksgiving day so I don't have to fight those crowds on BF. I also go to Mejier and Gander Mountain on Thanksgiving day. It works out great because I host breakfast and then the kids always go with my in-laws to their house to help my father in law cook dinner, my husband takes a nap and I go shopping. When I get home I hide everything, wake up DH and we go to his parents house for dinner. I eat, visit for a little and then head home to catch some shut eye before heading to Kohls at 3:00 AM. I am excited just thinking about it. :rotfl2:

We really need a new mattress as well . I hate buying a mattress. I am not picky but my DH is so I have decided that I will give him a budget and he can go buy what he wants and deal with the sales people.

What is everyone's favorite BF store? I love Kohls and Target. If I could only go to two stores these would be the ones I go to. I love the fact though that some stores are open on Thanksgiving day. I hit up Old Navy now on Thanksgiving day so I don't have to fight those crowds on BF. I also go to Mejier and Gander Mountain on Thanksgiving day. It works out great because I host breakfast and then the kids always go with my in-laws to their house to help my father in law cook dinner, my husband takes a nap and I go shopping. When I get home I hide everything, wake up DH and we go to his parents house for dinner. I eat, visit for a little and then head home to catch some shut eye before heading to Kohls at 3:00 AM. I am excited just thinking about it. :rotfl2:

we don't have target, kohl's, gander mtn. or meijer. the biggie here is wal-mart. we also have a k-mart, old navy, walgreens, cvs, sears and jcpenney. that's pretty much it.
i'm hoping for some sort of sale on either a laptop or iPod Touch. i'm sure wal-mart will have cheap laptops, but i REALLY don't want to fight that mob.

we don't have target, kohl's, gander mtn. or meijer. the biggie here is wal-mart. we also have a k-mart, old navy, walgreens, cvs, sears and jcpenney. that's pretty much it.
i'm hoping for some sort of sale on either a laptop or iPod Touch. i'm sure wal-mart will have cheap laptops, but i REALLY don't want to fight that mob.

I didn't know places like that still existed :laughing:

Check stores online for BF deals on Thanksgiving Day. I've been able to get a few great deals in the past couple years, and not have to leave my house at all.

I didn't know places like that still existed :laughing:

Check stores online for BF deals on Thanksgiving Day. I've been able to get a few great deals in the past couple years, and not have to leave my house at all.

i know, it's hard to believe. :lmao: the closest target is an hour away. if we decide on the laptop, we'll likely try to snag a good deal from amazon or bestbuy.com, because i'm just not a stand-in-line-all-night kinda girl. i tried it once, and almost froze to death, and the woman in front of me spent HOURS talking to her husband on one of those stupid, chirping sprint phones. i wanted to smack her upside the head.

I am going to want cameras for each of my kids and hpong that Amazon has a Kindle sale for DD.

Hopefully after the Labor Day weekend the sales will pick up in preparation for the upcoming holidays and we will see our first BF ad. Every year I am torn do I wait to see if I get a better deal on BF or should I get it now?I have learned over the years to keep my receipts because it never fails I buy soomething one week and the next week it is on sale and I have a coupon. :laughing:

Have a great holiday weekend everyone. It is going to be hot here and then cool off on Monday.

I'm ready & watching this thread! My DD wants an Itouch,& the other DD wants a new camera.

Those are both on my list too. I'm debating on the camera for now but BF is just close enough that I would be disappointed if it went on a good sale - lol.

Definitely looking forward to Black Friday! I worked retail until 2004, but always worked the am shift. Now I go for for fun with either my sister or friend at 4 in the morning. It is a great time even when it is only 20 degrees outside!!! :)

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. I am ready for the sales to start. I did end up picking up a few things from Barnes and Noble with a coupon and free shipping along with a birthday outfit for DD from Gymboree. She always asks for a new outfit for her birthday and she loves dogs and their theme is Pups and Kisses this year. I used the 30% off Friends and Family code to help with the cost but it still cost around $50 for the shirt, pants, socks, and hair pieces to match. Oh well she only gets the outfit and one or two other gifts for her birthday so its not too bad.

I can't wait either! I"m looking for a Ipod touch for my son and a Amazon Kindle for my MIL. I don't know what else I need yet.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter