Black Friday Buddies 2011 Unite!

Off Topic... But, read part of your tag line, and I'm the proud mom to 2 adoptive blessings.

That's wonderful! We adopted our DS10 first when he was almost 3 and we decided a few years later to adopt again so we were looking for another DS that needed a forever family and they called us and said would you be willing to take a she with the he so we went from one child to three over night. :goodvibes I am very proud to be called their mom. December is busy for us because DS10's birthday is Dec. 30th, and DD birthday is Dec. 24th. So not only do I have Christmas I have two Birthday's as well. That is one reason I LOVE BF, I get birthday and Christmas shopping done.

I really hope there are some good sales this year and the weather is tolerable. It was really cold standing outside last year. :santa:

This will be he first time I am missing Black Friday in 16 years ( a tradition with my sister), but I'll be at a friend's wedding in Jamaica( can't complain too much)! Have fun everyone and score some great deals!

That's wonderful! We adopted our DS10 first when he was almost 3 and we decided a few years later to adopt again so we were looking for another DS that needed a forever family and they called us and said would you be willing to take a she with the he so we went from one child to three over night. :goodvibes I am very proud to be called their mom. December is busy for us because DS10's birthday is Dec. 30th, and DD birthday is Dec. 24th. So not only do I have Christmas I have two Birthday's as well. That is one reason I LOVE BF, I get birthday and Christmas shopping done.

I really hope there are some good sales this year and the weather is tolerable. It was really cold standing outside last year. :santa:

Love adoption stories like that! One of ours (DD) was a private adoption, and one (DS) was thru an agency and we have an open adoption with his birthfamily.

Love BF too because my birthday is Christmas day (even though that's on my DH to buy for :)), and then DD is Jan 7, and have a nephew that is Dec 29. So, lots of birthdays within a week or two plus Christmas, so love the BF savings!

I am so excited for Black Friday 2011 as well. From what I've seen on sites like blackfriday.com it looks like this years deals may be even better than usual!

I am so excited for black friday this year!!! I had to miss last year, since we were at Disney and I have to admit that even though we were at Disney I had a little withdrawl! ;) This year I am looking for good deals on an ipod touch, laptop and lcd tv. :)

Kind of OT but....has anyone seen any great back-to-school sales yet this year? Staples used to have awesome sales but I haven't seen anything this year. I hope this is not a trend we will see in BF sales.

Kind of OT but....has anyone seen any great back-to-school sales yet this year? Staples used to have awesome sales but I haven't seen anything this year. I hope this is not a trend we will see in BF sales.

I get their sales flyer in my Sunday paper. You can also view their flyer online.

What type of deals are you looking for? We had some good ones on computers. Laptops for <$300. I have not kept an eye on LCD TV's but I don't think of those as back to school items.

Last week Target had a sale where they gave you a $25 gift card when you puchased an 8gb iPod touch. Apple forces retailers to sell their products as a set price so the iPod itself will never go on sale. The best you'll ever find is a deal where you get something free when you buy an iPod.

On the positive side, I read online that with the financial crisis here most people are saving rather than spending. It's going to force retailers to cut prices to lure in consumers. So hopefully we'll have a good BF after all!

We don't get to buy School Supplies. We give the school $20 per child and they provide all the supplies. I would prefer to buy them myself. Staples has been having their 1 Cent sale for a few weeks now, I think this week it is notebook paper, limit of 6 and is only good I think until today. Target has also been having a good sale on school supplies.

I can't wait until our first BF ad to be posted. I am hoping for some great deals. The temps have been in the high 70's this week and it is starting to feel like fall. I love Fall and it really gets me in the mood for the holidays coming up.

I love Black Friday and have been going for at least 15 years. I usually go with my 2 best friends, but my mom and dad go also. Last year my DD17 and her cousin went also. More people for more loot!

I was all bummed today because it is the last Friday of my summer vacation (I'm a teacher and start back next week). My baby is starting Kindergarten and I'm pretty sure I was in the delivery room yesterday :sad1: Poeple don't lie when they tell you, "Time goes fast."

BUT...finding this thread has me all excited!! Love, love, love BF! :love:
My sister and I plan out our night and day and leave the men at home! So much fun!

Thanks for turning this frown upside down! :goodvibes

I have officially begun my Christmas shopping: just ordered Wii Epic Mickey and got Mater's Tall Tales free at Amazon.com for my DGS for Christmas. Free shipping, too! :cool1:

I keep checking but no ads have "leaked" out yet. I am anxiously awaiting for the first ad to be published.

DH and i are considering buying DD13 a laptop for Christmas. either that or an iPod touch. we can't think of anything else to get her - she's got a TV, combo VHS/DVD player, mp3 player (NOT ipod), nook, nintendo DS, cell phone and a wii. the only downside of the laptop is that she's got her own desktop (just purchased last year for her birthday) and doesn't use it much. if anyone has any other gift ideas, or sees any discounts on laptops or the touch, please let me know.

Last year was really cold! I always get pop tarts and milk drink boxes ahead of time for BF morning. I need to remember to add hand and toe warmers to that list. Last year around Turkey Day Target had them in the $1 spot! :thumbsup2

DH and i are considering buying DD13 a laptop for Christmas. either that or an iPod touch. we can't think of anything else to get her - she's got a TV, combo VHS/DVD player, mp3 player (NOT ipod), nook, nintendo DS, cell phone and a wii. the only downside of the laptop is that she's got her own desktop (just purchased last year for her birthday) and doesn't use it much. if anyone has any other gift ideas, or sees any discounts on laptops or the touch, please let me know.

FWIW my dd13 loves her ipod touch and uses it all the time, for the apps and listens to Pandora for music. She has an older one and wants a current generation so she can use the face time and camera for videos. She said she doesn't care if she gets anything else for Christmas (which is exactly what she said 2 years ago when she got her first ipod touch :laughing:).

FWIW my dd13 loves her ipod touch and uses it all the time, for the apps and listens to Pandora for music. She has an older one and wants a current generation so she can use the face time and camera for videos. She said she doesn't care if she gets anything else for Christmas (which is exactly what she said 2 years ago when she got her first ipod touch :laughing:).

i have a feeling this would be DD13 as well. :lmao: she LOVES her mp3 player, nook and nintendo DS, so i don't doubt she'd go wild for the iPod touch.

My 11 year old daughter got her Ipod touch for Christmas last year and she loves it. She hardly ever uses your DSi any longer. Last week a friend of ours was letting her play on his iPad, so I see that becoming a must on her list very shortly, but this year my girls are getting Disney tickets for Christmas.

So, I am only looking for a few smaller gifts for them this year. Last year Wal-Mart had the $50 itunes gift cards for $35, so I am hoping for a repeat of that this year. I am also looking for a set of luggage for my DD17. Last year on BF I was able to pick up a 5 pc set at Penny's for $35. Wal-Mart started their Saturday pre-BF sales the 2nd Sat of Nov. for the past few years. That is where I have been able to pick up 2 laptops and the itunes cards without having to stand outside in the cold! So, I really hope that they do it again this year.

My DS wants and iPod touch for Christmas so I've been watching the prices for a few months.

Turns out, they are coming out with a new one in October. New model = high demand = hot item. Depending on how many were produced, it may be hard to find. With Apple you just never know!

In my experience, when a new iPod was coming out, stores quietly reduced the price of the older model and kept it there until it sold out. This happened to me when I tried to buy my iPod touch 2 years ago. I had to wait until I could get my hands on a new one.

I checked online and right now the current 8gb iPod is selling on Amazon, Target, and Walmart.com for $204. That's a $25 price reduction. They won't go much cheaper. The only deal you may find is in store to purchase the iPod at full price (8gb for $229) and they will give you a store credit for $25. Target ran that special 3 weeks ago. Toys R Us ran it 2 weeks ago.

I went ahead and ordered for my DS. With the new model coming out, I'm scared that I won't be able to find one for Christmas. That's all he wants so I'm not taking any risks!

My DS wants and iPod touch for Christmas so I've been watching the prices for a few months.

Turns out, they are coming out with a new one in October. New model = high demand = hot item. Depending on how many were produced, it may be hard to find. With Apple you just never know!

In my experience, when a new iPod was coming out, stores quietly reduced the price of the older model and kept it there until it sold out. This happened to me when I tried to buy my iPod touch 2 years ago. I had to wait until I could get my hands on a new one.

I checked online and right now the current 8gb iPod is selling on Amazon, Target, and Walmart.com for $204. That's a $25 price reduction. They won't go much cheaper. The only deal you may find is in store to purchase the iPod at full price (8gb for $229) and they will give you a store credit for $25. Target ran that special 3 weeks ago. Toys R Us ran it 2 weeks ago.

I went ahead and ordered for my DS. With the new model coming out, I'm scared that I won't be able to find one for Christmas. That's all he wants so I'm not taking any risks!

My DS wants one as well. Is the 8gb big enough? I was thinking he would need 32gb but not sure. Now I am wondering if I should wait and try to get new version or just get current model?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter