Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

GB~

Great update!! I love the second go around on MS, I've never been on it so I'm impressed that you did it two times in a row, sounds like your stomach and head had another opinions. :crazy2: This is the closest icon for throwing-up I could find. :3dglasses :laughing:
What I'm even more impressed by is your photo's! You've got skeels boy! I'm reading through the instructions on my new camera (Sony DSC-W220-hot pink of course :lovestruc) and thinking there is no way I'm going to remember all this information to take great pictures!! :eek: And here you are taking amazing pictures like a pro! Here's to hoping I'll finally figure out ISO's, SCN's and proper flash use. :confused: Great, :rolleyes: and I thought I wouldn't have to think about this stuff with a point and shoot. :laughing: Any suggestions, G.B.? Or anyone else for that matter? I think I need a good lesson on how to use my own camera, a camera that's suppose to be really easy to use. :rotfl:
What a problem to have, right? Thank you God this is the biggest issue I have. :worship: :lovestruc

Whew, all caught up finally! As usual my friend witty and entertaining.:thumbsup2
Tea snob! me too. :woohoo::snooty:
To all the tech stuff. Wah????:eek:
Prayers for the baby.
Playhouse Disney. shudder to think of it.:scared1:
Orange/ Orange..........silly man. :rotfl2:
Merry christmas and a happy new year.
Keep em' coming. popcorn::

DSC01539.jpg

I love the look on Hayley's face! :rotfl2:

When at last I had regained my senses I decided that perhaps a double ride on the orange side was NOT an experience to add into any future incarnations of The Plan.

Sorry you felt so bad, but that's hilarious!!! :lmao:

Can't wait to hear about your twin!

You're braver than I am, if we ride Mission:Space I fully intend to go to the green. I can't even ride flying swings without losing my lunch! Something about the spinning. I can't wait to see a picture of the (not so) elusive green kooky pen lanyard! Looking forward to your next adventure..have a great Christmas!
One time through was doable. Twice was near catastrophic.

You're a gas, GB!! I love your descriptions- that bit about the atenna topper had me rolling! Personification served its purpose perfectly there! :thumbsup2
Gas :lmao: How correct you are.

You only went on it twice and then got sick? I only went twice as well, but didn't get sick. Maybe I'm just used to Blankastni drivers, or i've been on too many bad plane flights...I dunno. I once heard of a CM at a totally different park in TN who went on a ride with a tripple loop 200 times in two days!! I don't think I'd be able to stand that...
Oh to be a teenager again. Time was I could ride anything in any park with no issues. Then one day I woke up and was an old fart who couldn't take it anymore. :confused3

Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!
Thanks! You too!

Merry Christmas GB & family! I bet the girls have a blast!
They had an awesome time!

GB, have a wonderful and blessed Christmas. May God shine His face upon you, and may He grant you His favor all the new year through, to you and your beautiful family. :hug:
Thanks! You too Millie!

I hope the Biscuit clan had a Blessed Holiday!
Thanks! It's been a great time with family.

GB~

Great update!! I love the second go around on MS, I've never been on it so I'm impressed that you did it two times in a row, sounds like your stomach and head had another opinions. :crazy2: This is the closest icon for throwing-up I could find. :3dglasses :laughing:
What I'm even more impressed by is your photo's! You've got skeels boy! I'm reading through the instructions on my new camera (Sony DSC-W220-hot pink of course :lovestruc) and thinking there is no way I'm going to remember all this information to take great pictures!! :eek: And here you are taking amazing pictures like a pro! Here's to hoping I'll finally figure out ISO's, SCN's and proper flash use. :confused: Great, :rolleyes: and I thought I wouldn't have to think about this stuff with a point and shoot. :laughing: Any suggestions, G.B.? Or anyone else for that matter? I think I need a good lesson on how to use my own camera, a camera that's suppose to be really easy to use. :rotfl:
What a problem to have, right? Thank you God this is the biggest issue I have. :worship: :lovestruc
Thanks Millie! For my Sony Digital, I left it in Auto-Everything mode the entire time. Even the film camera spent most of its time in auto mode unless I was zoomed in more than 100mm or so.

Whew, all caught up finally! As usual my friend witty and entertaining.:thumbsup2
Tea snob! me too. :woohoo::snooty:
To all the tech stuff. Wah????:eek:
Prayers for the baby.
Playhouse Disney. shudder to think of it.:scared1:
Orange/ Orange..........silly man. :rotfl2:
Merry christmas and a happy new year.
Keep em' coming. popcorn::
Hey Burly! Glad to see you again! Happy new year to u 2.

Happy New Year to the Biscuits !!May your days be golden like a perfect biscuit!!!!
Thanks Rosie! As we say in Texas, Right back at'cha.

I love the look on Hayley's face! :rotfl2:

Sorry you felt so bad, but that's hilarious!!! :lmao:

Can't wait to hear about your twin!
Yeah, you can tell looking at that photo that she was thinking she chose the wrong snack.

Thanks for the warning on Mission:Space. DH LOVES all things space related but cannot handle the spinning of the Teacups so I doubt he would survive one ride. We didn't have enough time to make it during our last trip, maybe him and DS will ride the tame version next trip.

Thanks for the warning on Mission:Space. DH LOVES all things space related but cannot handle the spinning of the Teacups so I doubt he would survive one ride. We didn't have enough time to make it during our last trip, maybe him and DS will ride the tame version next trip.
No prob. The first time around was actually okay for me because you don't feel like you are spinning, you just feel a lot of G-force.

Whew finally caught back up again. Great posts as always! Hope you had an awesome Christmas.

Catching up! Wow! Double orange! You poor man! We were at Disneyland last week and my 6 year old dd told me to "spin her head off" so her wish was my command! Since said teacup ride I have learned that the older I get, the less the teacups appeal to me (and my arms the next day). Trying to walk while things are spinning and helping a 6 year old walk straight at the same time is not an easy thing. My DD's 11&13 and my neice thought said incident was hilarious and use it regularly as an opportunity to point out that I am getting old.

Your sagging Cavalier is not alone! My DH's 1989 Ford F-150 rust bucket proudly displays a new Disney antenna topper.

Great update! Hoping you had a Merry Christmas and here's to a Happy New Year!

I never made it over here on E-ticket, did I? :guilty: Hope the GB clan had a wonderful Christmas! :goodvibes

78900020.jpg

(This shot was actually better than the posed one where they were both looking at me.)
:thumbsup2 I have to say, 9/10ths of the time my candid pictures of Leo are better by far than the posed!

She loves him.

He loves her.

They’re in love.
:lmao: Yep, that about covers it!

Can you get FP's when the crew isn't with you? The answer is: maybe, but only if their ticket has been used that day in that park. So if it’s early morning and you are the first one there, you are out of luck Chuck. You get a slip telling you the ticket you entered has not been used for admission to that park that day. I think that those who responded yes were thinking of sending one person back to the park during an afternoon break.
Or, they'd last visited when you could, in fact, procure FP's with tickets that hadn't been used that day. Once upon a time, it was possible. Let's just say I know lots of people locally with Annual Passes... and we regularly "shared" them. :ssst:

How could I relax a bit in Epcot, get in some photos, and enjoy the rest of my solo morning?
World Showcase?
Two words: World Showcase.
:yay:

Whew finally caught back up again. Great posts as always! Hope you had an awesome Christmas.
Hey Joleen! :wave2: U2!

Catching up! Wow! Double orange! You poor man! We were at Disneyland last week and my 6 year old dd told me to "spin her head off" so her wish was my command! Since said teacup ride I have learned that the older I get, the less the teacups appeal to me (and my arms the next day). Trying to walk while things are spinning and helping a 6 year old walk straight at the same time is not an easy thing. My DD's 11&13 and my neice thought said incident was hilarious and use it regularly as an opportunity to point out that I am getting old.

Your sagging Cavalier is not alone! My DH's 1989 Ford F-150 rust bucket proudly displays a new Disney antenna topper.

Great update! Hoping you had a Merry Christmas and here's to a Happy New Year!
:lmao: Awesome! DIS bejewled clunkers of the world unite!

I never made it over here on E-ticket, did I? :guilty: Hope the GB clan had a wonderful Christmas! :goodvibes
No worries! U too V!

:thumbsup2 I have to say, 9/10ths of the time my candid pictures of Leo are better by far than the posed!
Yeah, pretty much all of my favorite shots were candids.

Or, they'd last visited when you could, in fact, procure FP's with tickets that hadn't been used that day. Once upon a time, it was possible. Let's just say I know lots of people locally with Annual Passes... and we regularly "shared" them. :ssst:
Good to know! That explains the whole thing right there. Don't worry, I won't tell. ;)

Good Afternoon Oh Great Biscuit!!I am looking at a blanket of snow that is my backyard and draming of February when I wll be in Disney!!:cloud9:

Holy schnikees, this is the longest TR I've ever read. It took me FOR-ever...like, two entire working days to read it. (Shhh...don't tell the boss!)

I followed you from Norybell's TR and I am so glad I did. You have a way of sucking the reader into your history and your world. I've read so much about you in this thread that I feel like I almost know you. This story and its characters unfolded slowly and deliciously, like a pot roast slowly tenderizing and simmering in a slow cooker for eight hours. (Like you, I am all about the food. I apologize for not having a fart reference.) It's been a real epic novel, this TR. And I've enjoyed every chapter.

Anyway, some of my favorite moments included the Alice Hugging incident, your dad and the timeshare incident, and your daughter getting to see Minnie Mouse at Chef Mickey's.

Now that I'm caught up, I'm finally ready for your next installment. So, whenever you're ready, GB...

Good Afternoon Oh Great Biscuit!!I am looking at a blanket of snow that is my backyard and draming of February when I wll be in Disney!!:cloud9:
Hey Rosie! No Snow down this way, but we did get sleet and freezing rain. Nasty stuff that. But, on the bright side, I got to work from home. :thumbsup2

Holy schnikees, this is the longest TR I've ever read. It took me FOR-ever...like, two entire working days to read it. (Shhh...don't tell the boss!)

I followed you from Norybell's TR and I am so glad I did. You have a way of sucking the reader into your history and your world. I've read so much about you in this thread that I feel like I almost know you. This story and its characters unfolded slowly and deliciously, like a pot roast slowly tenderizing and simmering in a slow cooker for eight hours. (Like you, I am all about the food. I apologize for not having a fart reference.) It's been a real epic novel, this TR. And I've enjoyed every chapter.

Anyway, some of my favorite moments included the Alice Hugging incident, your dad and the timeshare incident, and your daughter getting to see Minnie Mouse at Chef Mickey's.

Now that I'm caught up, I'm finally ready for your next installment. So, whenever you're ready, GB...
Howdy and :welcome: I'm so glad to have you aboard! That is a massive undertaking. When this TR began, I wasn't expecting it to be a 300 page MS Word doc! Don't worry about the missing flatulence references...I'll have plenty enough for all! (Especially on our last day. :sad2: )

Episode 75 - I Shockingly Discover an Identical Twin!

Welcome to the special photo-filled 75th episode of Biscuits Grand Adventure! Last time, lanyards were found, gullets were queasy and Biscuit Disney history was made. Following my double dose of Mission Space Orange, I was in no shape to ride anything of consequence. Having browsed through the Test Track gift shop, the Mission Space Gift Shop, and Mouse Gear, I killed enough time to only have about 15 minutes left until World Showcase opened.

I was not sure exactly how I wanted to approach it. I had seen parts of Canada & UK on the west side, parts of Mexico and Norway on the east side, and none of the rest. I was pretty sure I wouldnt be able to walk the whole thing before Tracy called to have me return to home base and wanted to maximize my time. I made my way to the lagoon via the Odyssey restaurant.

Odyssey.png

Odyssey3.png
When I arrived at the World Showcase Lagoon, my initial plan was to head left and go clockwise. Then I spotted a Friendship across the way and figured why walk when you can ride. While I waited for it to arrive at the dock, I played with the telezoom.

The boat arrived at the dock and the crew unhooked the ropes in the queue. I managed to be the first one aboard for the morning.

My plan was simple. Take as many pictures as I could and explore as much as possible before Tracy called. We soon set off and I shot a few pics out the window as we made our way across.

78930023.JPG

78930021.JPG

78930020.JPG

78930016.JPG

78930018.JPG

78930024.JPG
No sooner had I stepped foot ashore in front of the Morocco Pavilion than my phone rang. It was Tracy and they were up. Logistically speaking, getting from Morocco to the Pop Century is no small feat. I knew it would be a while. The boat had just pulled away and was headed to the Germany dock . I figured I was too late to gallop that way and catch it on this round, so I decided to start working that way to be in place for its return voyage. That gave me about a 20ish minute window to shoot as many photos of Morocco, Japan, The American Adventure, Italy, and Germany as I could. So much for a leisurely pace, it was time to run and gun. What follows are the pics I shot in their approximate order.

Continued in Next Post.

Last edited:
Now I suppose it’s time to explain the title of this Episode. But first, I need to introduce two new characters to the cast: the Collins. The Collins attend our church and are close friends with my parents. For a couple of years, the Collins hosted the small group I taught on Sunday evenings and Mrs. Collins was in charge of the church nursery when the girls were little so we’ve spent a lot time with them. Colonel Collins is retired army and teaches high school, while Mrs. Collins teaches first grade. As it happens, they were at Disney the exact same time we were.

Okay, now back to my morning photo jaunt. As I was running like a madman through the pavilions, I saw the boat headed back my way and knew I only had a few minutes to get some shots of Germany so I was “In the Zone” and not paying much attention to the world around me. It just so happened that the Collins were entering Germany from China as I was entering from Italy. They saw me from a distance and Mrs. Collins (knowing my parents were back home and not knowing we stayed an extra 4 days at WDW), said “That guy looks JUST like Matt!” She called my name but I never heard it. So then she told Colonel Collins that he HAD to take a picture of this guy who she swore could be my identical twin. She wanted to send it to my dad and was sure he’d be amazed that they saw a guy that looked just like me.

mixphotos_020.JPG

As I got closer, I spied them through my camera lens and looked up and gave a wave. Which elicited a giant “THAT IS MATT!” from Mrs. Collins and an “I told you so” eye roll from the Colonel. I touched base with them briefly, and paused for a photo.

mixphotos_021.JPG

Just a couple of guys loving Disney and posing with a trash can.

I quickly explained my mission to the Colonel and he wished me luck. I took the final shot in the panoramic just as the boat arrived, then headed down to catch the launch back to Future World.

After I arrived back at Future World, I ordered full steam ahead and started hoofing it to the entrance. It was getting warm and by the time I hit the fountain, it was high time for some AC. I swung into Mouse Gear and grabbed the Kooky lanyard, then headed back out and began the insanely long journey to the Pop bus stop. There was already a crowd there and the word in the queue was that they had been waiting 30 min for a bus. Well that’s good I guess it means one is coming. Or not. 20 Min later, the driver from the DHS bus walked down and told us all to come get on his bus and he’d drop us off after he left the Studios. SCORE! Eventually I did make it back to the room and discovered the girls ready to head back out. I delivered the lanyard and all was well in the world. I grabbed my backpack, saddled up and headed out for what promised to be the busiest day of our tirp.

Coming up on Episode 76 – Hungry, Hungry Biscuits and Hippos.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter