Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

Hey GB -- just wanted to check in and let you know how much I'm enjoying your epic trip report! I'm finally caught up.

Keep it coming! :thumbsup2

DHS is my second favorite park 'cause of the GMR. I admit that I'm a movie nut. Good grief, of all the places to lose a phone! Sometimes I'm glad I don't have a mobile phone. Over crowded plus hot equals (in our family) melting kids by 4 in the afternoon.

I must say I am thoroughly enjoyng your TR. My cousin told me that your TR was a MUST read and she advised that I had to read the entire thing! Needless to say she was right.

As a side note I have visited Mickey's house twice in my lifetime (and hopefully again next year but my son is only 5 weeks old so I have to try to talk the hubby into that one), the first time I visited was the year of the hideous PINK castle. At first I thought it was pretty cool.... every girls dream a big pink cake, however after my most recent trip last year, I must agree with you that the castle in its original form is absolutely breathetaking!

Again thanks for the adventure, I can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2

Hey Biscuit. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still here and loving the report. I'd comment more often but, like now, I have nothing remotely entertaining or substantive to share. So, I'm here to say hello and continue reading quietly while trying not to lapse into lurkdom. :)

Looking forward to tonight's update. Weather and life permitting, of course. popcorn::

Thanx for the double updates, Biscuit! Nice pics as always - I especially like the one of Tracy and the girls in front of (I'm guessing, since the background's out of focus) the upside down fountain by Imagination at Epcot. You should frame that one!
No problem! :thumbsup2

:lmao: That is awesome!! What a great sense of humor. :goodvibes
They both keep us laughing

Hey GB -- just wanted to check in and let you know how much I'm enjoying your epic trip report! I'm finally caught up.

Keep it coming! :thumbsup2
Thanks! and :welcome: Glad to have you aboard!

DHS is my second favorite park 'cause of the GMR. I admit that I'm a movie nut. Good grief, of all the places to lose a phone! Sometimes I'm glad I don't have a mobile phone. Over crowded plus hot equals (in our family) melting kids by 4 in the afternoon.
I manage to lose things often.

I must say I am thoroughly enjoyng your TR. My cousin told me that your TR was a MUST read and she advised that I had to read the entire thing! Needless to say she was right.

As a side note I have visited Mickey's house twice in my lifetime (and hopefully again next year but my son is only 5 weeks old so I have to try to talk the hubby into that one), the first time I visited was the year of the hideous PINK castle. At first I thought it was pretty cool.... every girls dream a big pink cake, however after my most recent trip last year, I must agree with you that the castle in its original form is absolutely breathetaking!

Again thanks for the adventure, I can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2
Thanks and :welcome: ! Glad you found your way over and tell you cousin I said thanks! That castle was something else. I def love the current castle better!

Hey Biscuit. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still here and loving the report. I'd comment more often but, like now, I have nothing remotely entertaining or substantive to share. So, I'm here to say hello and continue reading quietly while trying not to lapse into lurkdom. :)

Looking forward to tonight's update. Weather and life permitting, of course. popcorn::
Hey Connie! Glad you're still here!

Looking likes tonight's update is going to be delayed. It's been an intersting time in the Biscuit clan. Yesterday I filled in for our pastor who is vacationing. Then Tahli left for her first ever church camp this monring so we were up late working on getting her packed. Papa had to have outpatient surgery early this morning and there were some complications so he is now an in-patient. :sick: All is well for now, but prayers are certainly appreciated. I'm also helping someone plan a trip to WDW and had to gather Disney Dining info for them so they can make ressies. Soooooo long story short, between shuttling between the hospital, church, and work, and pulling together a dining list, I've not had time to complete much else. The episode is mostly written, but the photos have yet to be resized and uploaded. We're still waiting to see if they will re-try the surgery tomorrow so depending on how that goes, it may be a couple of days until I get back to posting. Until then God Bless!

Papa is doing well and we are just waiting for a Dr. to let us know what the next step is. We do appreciate your prayers.
An added Tahli-ism which is my all time favorite. When she was about 2 1/2 her nursery class at church was having a birthday party for Jesus at Christmas. I picked her up after church and asked how the party for Jesus went. Her reply - "Not so good Nana, He didn't even show up!" Man, you throw a party for a guy and he doesn't even show up - what can I say? :rotfl2:

I'm praying for Papa. :goodvibes And for Biscuit that you don't collapse in exhaustion!

That is adorable out Thali and the party for Jesus! It will be quite the party when he does show up!! :banana:

Papa is doing well and we are just waiting for a Dr. to let us know what the next step is. We do appreciate your prayers.
An added Tahli-ism which is my all time favorite. When she was about 2 1/2 her nursery class at church was having a birthday party for Jesus at Christmas. I picked her up after church and asked how the party for Jesus went. Her reply - "Not so good Nana, He didn't even show up!" Man, you throw a party for a guy and he doesn't even show up - what can I say? :rotfl2:

Prayers for Papa Biscuit!!:goodvibes Hope all goes well. I think it must have been a full moon at the hospital the past few nights, even if it wasn't one over the rest of Texas!!:headache:

You do like to share that story!

I'm praying for Papa. :goodvibes And for Biscuit that you don't collapse in exhaustion!
Thanks! I appreciate it!

That is adorable out Thali and the party for Jesus! It will be quite the party when he does show up!! :banana:
:thumbsup2

Prayers for Papa Biscuit!!:goodvibes Hope all goes well. I think it must have been a full moon at the hospital the past few nights, even if it wasn't one over the rest of Texas!!:headache:
Thanks! It's been an odd week already.

Still no real word on when they will reschedule the surgery, but they did let him go home today.

Papa Biscuit is in my thoughts and prayers :hug:

Tahli's comment about the biscuit was priceless. What a cutie!! :goodvibes

So glad to hear Papa Bisquit is doing better now, and could at least go home. Everyone here understands how life can get between posting and hanging out here. I think you'll find most of us patient :)

popcorn:: but we do like to throw a lot of popcorn around...

Just wanted to let you know I'm still here--we just got back from 11 days in California and 2 days at Disneyland! I'm finally caught up now and hope that Papa gets to feeling better soon! :hug: Great pictures of WS and the family!

Woo hoo!!! Good news for sure!!:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay:
For Sure! :thumbsup2

So glad to hear Papa Bisquit is doing better now, and could at least go home. Everyone here understands how life can get between posting and hanging out here. I think you'll find most of us patient :)

popcorn:: but we do like to throw a lot of popcorn around...
:lmao: Thanks! He's happy to be out of those pressure cuffs they stuck on his legs.

Just wanted to let you know I'm still here--we just got back from 11 days in California and 2 days at Disneyland! I'm finally caught up now and hope that Papa gets to feeling better soon! :hug: Great pictures of WS and the family!
Welcome home! :welcome: hope you had a fantastic trip! Thanks for well wishes and photo kudos.

Episode 59 - Tales of Terror and Triumph

Previously on Biscuit’s Grand Adventure, steak was consumed, phones were recovered, and one biscuit had a poor evening. After we left the restaurant we headed out and did a bit of exploring on the “Streets of America”.

DSC01018.JPG

DSC01019.JPG

First up, the requisite visit to the umbrella post.

Nana snapped some photos.
100_1174.jpg
100_1174.JPG

100_1175.JPG

100_1176.JPG

I snapped some photos.

03990002.JPG

03990004.JPG

Nana saw the San Francisco street scene and wanted to get a picture of the kids.

Nana Snapped a photo

100_1172.JPG

I snapped a photo.

03990009.JPG

All God’s children snapped a photo.

DSC01023.JPG

I had planned to take two shots, one of the kids in focus and one of Nana in focus. Unfortunately the little boogers didn’t wait long enough for me to squeeze off a second round.

We wandered around a bit, taking pics as we went.

Due to photo count, this will continued in the next post.

Last edited:
Episode 59 - Tales of Terror and Triumph (Cont'd)

03990014.JPG

03990017.JPG

03990025.JPG

We passed by Toy Story Midway Mania and giggled at the 80 minute wait time. 80 min? Surely you jest! Not this crew my friend! Oh-no! We have an encounter with a mermaid to be a getting to. I was introduced to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid on our honeymoon. When it began to look like this particular trip was going to become a reality, much of my Disney Dreaming revolved around this show. I couldn't wait for the girls to experience it. I knew they would both love it, especially Hailee who is a big Ariel fan.

We entered the lobby and Nana quickly exited to take the girls on a potty run. By the time they returned, it was nearing time for the show to begin.

We entered the theater and I wound up with Hailee sitting next to me. This time I was prepared for the dark and passed out glow sticks to the kids JUST IN CASE they got scared. As soon as the show started Hailee began to squeal. She was laughing hysterically at the blacklight puppets and giving ooohs and aaahs throughout the entire thing. After the show ended, both girls reported that they loved the show. Woohoo!

After we completed our undersea adventure, Papa and I set out on a highly specialized and dangerous mission. Locating the strollers. (Oh BTW this was one of only 3 out the 8 days that we wound up with a double stroller. The rest of the time the girls walked. I think I forgot to add that little tidbit in earlier.) Having cleverly deployed a lime green Mickey head in a strategic location, I thwarted Disneys clever attempt to camouflage our hand powered rugrat transport vehicle. While others circled the stroller parking in wide eyed bewilderment, we Biscuit men returned as triumphant warriors with tales and songs of glorious battle.

I ran through the list of kid-nifty attractions that did not require an 80 minute wait and elected Muppet Vision 3-D as the lucky recipient of our next attraction patronage. Thanks to our dining reservations and my phone incident, I had already passed the place twice so I had no problems leading us back. Upon arrival, we parked the strollers and ushered the clan inside. Once we reached the holding area, I was surprised to find it empty. COMPLETELY empty. For a good 5 min, we were the only people in there. Eventually a few more folks showed up, but by the time the doors opened about ten minutes later, there were MAYBE twenty people altogether.

I got a bit nervous during the wait however as something about the pre-show was freaking Preston out. I'm not sure if the Muppets looked a bit too similar to the dreaded Stitch or what, but he was NOT happy about being in there. The doors finally opened and the CM said, and I quote, "Just ignore the announcement and sit where you want." COOOOOOOOOL.

DSC01025.JPG

Nana sat with Preston during the show and he wound up taking off the glasses and not watching the movie. I sat next to Tahli and although she had a few giggles, once it was over, all three kids said they didn't like it. It didn't blow me away, but I thought it was cute and got a few good laughs; but for whatever reason, they were not impressed. We exited the theater at 8:58 and paused for a quick photo.

It was then that I had a strange and wonderful idea. Maybe, JUST MAYBE there was a chance we could make it onto Star Tours.

I shouted out marching orders, loaded up kids and sallied forth in a full on gallop. (Much to the dismay of Tracy who was still dealing with her foot.) We arrived in front just as the CM at the entrance shouted out "Last Call for Star Tours!" HURRY UP CHILDREN AND RUN LIKE THE WIND! We managed to get everyone inside and the CM and a manager closed the doors behind us. YES! JORDAN'S PARK MOJO HAS RUBBED OFF BABY!

We made our way hurriedly through the now empty queue and finally up to the boarding area.

DSC01031.JPG

DSC01032.JPG

DSC01034.JPG
There were about 6 or 7 folks there waiting to board. We joined up with them and told the kids they would love it. Of course, this was acting purely on faith alone. The girls have never really sat through Star Wars and I wasn't sure how much they would relate to the storyline. I was also uncertain how Preston would feel about this ride given his reaction to the Muppets.

DSC01036.JPG

Soon it was time for us to board and I wound up sitting by Hailee. As soon as we took off, the kids were all squealing. As we were bouncing through the ice caves, Hailee pulled my arm and yelled "THIS IS THE BEST RIDE EVER DADDY!" Had I not been strapped into a full motion simulator, I would have done the Happy Biscuit dance. My baby loves my ride! There ain't nothing better my friend.

When we got off, all three kids wanted to ride it again. We explained that the park was closed, but promised to go on it again when we returned for Fantasmic. The park was deserted as we made our way back to the exit. After a few minutes, we boarded an empty bus.

DSC01042.JPG

DSC01044.JPG

Soon we were headed back to our resort. Upon arrival, we hurried up to the room and changed into our swim suits. We headed down to the Hippy Dippy and I stopped in Everything Pop for a quick mug filling. The pool wasn't overly crowded and the kids were soon having a grand time splashing and playing. After a while, Hailee wanted to check out the kiddie pool so she and I headed over that way. It was completely deserted so we both sat down next to a bubbler and she was soon running all over the place. I actually enjoyed the kiddie pool more then the big pool that night as the water was about ten degrees colder. (Even at 10 PM, it was HOT out there.) We swam a couple of hours and I made multiple runs for mug refills.

We returned to the room and rid ourselves of the chlorine and other contaminates. The girls were soon asleep and I fired up the laptop to copy the photos off the two digital cameras. I emailed Lynnlee and my father-in-law and chatted with Tracy a bit. We were both surprised by the attractions the kids loved. I thought they'd love the Muppets and be indifferent or scared of Star Tours. I guess there really is no predicting how kids are going to react to things. Finally around three I was ready to crash. It had been a great day and soon I was drifting off to blissful Disney Sleep. Yet that bliss would soon be shattered by a rude and panic filled awakening.

Coming up on Episode 60 Digestive Instability.

Last edited:
Hey Bisquit! I have no idea why I am compelled to use a q instead of a c, but I just am. So today you get a q, cuz it's more fun to keep typing nonsense than to go back and change the q to a c, even after I scrolled down to check the spelling.

My compelling thoughts now lead me to mention that:

1) My, then, 5 year actually fell asleep in the Muppets. It was that compelling, which by now you have figured out, is the word of the day.

2) My now, 7 year old, also loved Star Tours and was compelled to giggle the entire ride. However, we saw Beauty and Beast instead of Mermaid, and afterwards wished we had had GB wisdom and done the other.

3) I love that picture of the monk taking the photo!! What a once in a lifetime shot. What can I say? Wait, I know, compelling!

4) I cannot wait to get a photo of the umbrella! It does "rain" right?? Does the rain show up in a picture?

17430004.jpg

(Nikon N60, Sigma 70-300 at 300MM, Shutter Priority, f11, 1/1000, ISO 400)

We paused a moment in front of Off Kilter’s stage for a quick t-shirt shot. (Thanks to Park Guest of Unknown Identity # 1 for helping us out.) Unfortunately it did not turn out at all so I won’t waste the bandwidth posting it. Sidebar – I love Off Kilter. I have a couple of their CD’s and enjoy listening to them. I was looking forward to hearing the band live. Then the sun went supernova and I realized that the seats were uncovered. Sorry guys, don’t love you enough to leave a layer of skin melted into the bench. Maybe next time.

We wandered on a bit and decided to take a mulligan on the photo, stopping in the UK pavilion for a redo. (Thanks to Park Guest of Unknown Identity # 2 for helping us out.) This one turned out nicely. It was posted once, but in case you missed it, here you go.

100_1151.jpg

(Kodak Easy Share C713 Digital Point and Shoot in Auto Mode)

Great pics! I :love: Off Kilter as well but would have skipped sun chairs as well. Too much whining from a certain 8 year old would have drowned the band out.

There was a changing of the crew and we were surprised when the boat pulled away empty from the dock. It crossed the canal to where another Friendship was moored, and the crew swapped boats. Hmmm….well…okay no big deal right? Well, not exactly. Boats are like cars in that when they sit a long time in the sun, they get REALLY HOT inside. This one was no exception. But we weren’t sure how long it would be until the next launch so we decided to grin and bear it.

We managed to make it through, but I think I sweated off a good twenty pounds by the time we arrived.

UGH! Ok, doesn't make me ever want to take the boat that's for sure!

I got us checked in and all was well in the world. Nana and Jana went next door to check out the Christmas shop while Tracy took the girls to make use of the facilities. I then overheard the hostess tell another party that they could not be seated because members of their group had not yet arrived. Woops! Better call mom and have her head back this way. I’ll just grab my phone, not in this pocket…not in that one either. Not in the backpack. Hmmmm….where did I have it last? Let’s see, I had it in my hand when Hailee got upset over the driver being marooned, so I set it down on the bench next to me and put her on my lap, then….DOH! I forgot to pick up when we ran off the ride!

Great Galloping Biscuits Batman!

[/B]

you are SO lucky they let them check in! The party not all present factor caused some stress in my familial unit!

Tahli buttered herself a roll and held up and yelled “This biscuit is NOT having a great adventure!” (Which nearly caused me to choke on my own bite of “biscuit”.)

The verdict: we all enjoyed the food very much and were happy and content with the meal. This was one of the two dining options I fretted over the most and I am so glad that I decided to go ahead and keep it. Would we eat here again? Definitely.

My DH really wants to eat here and the reviews have kept us away. Your review could well change that! Tahli....:rotfl2: that was great!

GREAT umbrella photos, I love them!

Whew! I'm all caught up. Great updates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter