Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

As usual, another stunning update. NO wait!! Maybe I should use "alarming" as my adverb! :confused3 Okay, maybe both...

Pictures are amazing - potty humor- very MTK-esque! I love it! but I do wonder if consuming Disney food was the best antidote?? :confused3 Must have been, unless you have more surprises "tucked away".

Love your cubie! I could go to work, no problem, with that kind of "happy place"! When you get an irate client chewing your hide, you can take a deep breath and remember that you, among other things, you work to make things like that trip happen.

Yikes, I was a couple of days behind, but great updates, Oh great one.

Loved, loved the pics!!
Hey BSG! Thanks!

Breakfast at Pop: Adult breakfast platter! I got it for brunch sometimes when I worked there. YUM!
I’m not normally a breakfast eater, but those potatoes were mighty fine.

Hmm, charging people for ruining sheets at Disney, great idea. That could save a few million here and there! :idea:
Can I get a commission?

Ooooooooooooh, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, which is my reaction to your photos and your cubicle!!! Loved the ducks, too funny!!
Thanks! I had a ton of fun taking them.

How great that the kids all liked Star Tours!! What a wonderful day you ended up having!! Loved your shot of Nana taking a picture! I can honestly say that I can not recall ever having seen a monk in Disneyland or Wdw. I did see the tattoo guy last Sept. at WDW though. The one with all the Disney tattoos. Very cool!
I was ecstatic that the kids all loved Star Tours! I haven’t seen the tattoo dude, but I have heard a story or two.

I LOVE your picture of the bridge. I would totally hang that in my family room!

The bridge picture is magnificent, as are all of them.

WOW GB, this is stunning!

Thanks everyone! This was one of my fav’s as well. I took it as a color photo with the intention of converting it to B&W later. I used the demo version of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo II to convert it over. I wound up not keeping the program, but it DID do a good job on the conversion.

I need to go search out some new lenses for my camera. Maybe I'll get a Sigma 70-300 ;)
I like that lens due to it’s broad range.

I was so wrong in my guess about the digestive problems. I thought one of the kids threw up. :scared: Never thought about you being the victim.
Scary thought I know!

I have yet to try the panoramic stitch setting on my camera or the macro, either. You have such a good photographer's eye! I keep asking dh (who started as an art major and minored in photography) why he can't help me set up better pictures and he replied, "that's why I changed majors!" :rotfl2:
Your Dh’s comment cracked me up! For the panoramic photos, I just shoot them in normal auto mode, then use Windows Live Photo to stitch them together later.

Life has a way of getting in the way of my dis-ing. Just caught up.
lots of this:rotfl2:
a little of this:sick:
an episode or should i say attack of.....:scared1:
But all in all i give you this.:thumbsup2
Hey Burly! Glad to have you still aboard! Thanks for reading along!

Omigod.... You had me laughing so hard I was almost in tears. :rotfl2: I hope you felt better as the day went on. Your pics of the resort are BEAUTIFUL!! Can't wait for the next installment! popcorn::
My digestion definitely stabilized and it was all uphill from there!

So after spending considerable time in the bathroom, eating fried potatoes and bacon appealed to you? Yuck! Must be a guy thing. :lmao: Let's see if I can conquer whatever is trying to attack my stomach by feeding it all this greasy food. :rolleyes1
:welcome: First Lady Biscuit had the exact same reaction when I returned the room and explained the activities of the morning. The way I see it is this. We men know that sometimes the best defense is a good offense. When your digestion tries to get the better of you, a fellow has to stop, draw a line in the sand, and shout to the hills “CROSS THAT LINE IF YOU DARE!” Of course if there is fever or cramping involved we skip this step, tell our wives we think we’re dying and ask them for soup and a blankie.

Loved your photos - do you have a fancy camera or just a regular digital camera?
Thanks. The answer is yes and no. The digital camera I was using was just a standard Sony Cybershot Point and Shoot. I was also using a Nikon N60 which is a 35mm SLR camera. I kind of saw this trip as my final fling with film. The next camera I plan to get will be a Nikon Digital SLR. (That way I can still use my 70-300mm lens.)

You were a mighty cheesy bisquit on this morning!
I’m a mighty cheesy biscuit on any morning!

Thats what I do, turn food products into bodily function humour.
WOOHOO! Kudos to potty humor!

angelmav said:
Great photos. Sure the camera was on auto, I have images of you with a beret and a huge flashbulb setup :rolleyes1.
That had me rolling!

Yeah, that's pretty much our situation every Food & Wine Fest... "Hey, these guys are cool - let's stop and listen!" Followed by "Hey, it's hot as blazes, let's go find more beer instead!" :rotfl:
Hey PV! And welcome back! Loved your twitter tweets! Can’t wait to read the full fledged TR!

Hard to believe these were all in Auto mode - the lighting is fantastic, as is the composition! Really, nice work!
Thanks. The time of day helped considerably. Morning light is always best.

As usual, another stunning update. NO wait!! Maybe I should use "alarming" as my adverb! :confused3 Okay, maybe both...
I’d stick with alarming.

Pictures are amazing - potty humor- very MTK-esque! I love it! but I do wonder if consuming Disney food was the best antidote?? :confused3 Must have been, unless you have more surprises "tucked away".
There isn’t a problem in a life that can’t be improved by bacon. Unless it’s tainted. Then you’re out of luck.

Love your cubie! I could go to work, no problem, with that kind of "happy place"! When you get an irate client chewing your hide, you can take a deep breath and remember that you, among other things, you work to make things like that trip happen.
I LOVE IT! Especially the big Panoramic prints!

I'm so glad the Little Biscuits liked Star Tours! That must have made you one Proud Poppa. :goodvibes:

I'm sorry to read about your...uh...incident. I've been there.

And in every bathroom at the AK.

Sigh.

The DDP will do that to you - remember, hence the very powerful flushers ::yes::

Your Pop photography is GORGEOUS!!! Lovin' it.

I like the cube too. Our cubes are completely gray as well. Mine is half covered with notes and junk I need to know, the other half is Henry.

Great trip report. You are a really good writer. Keep those updates comin'!
Thanks and :welcome: ! Glad to have you aboard!

I'm so glad the Little Biscuits liked Star Tours! That must have made you one Proud Poppa. :goodvibes:

I'm sorry to read about your...uh...incident. I've been there.

And in every bathroom at the AK.

Sigh.

The DDP will do that to you - remember, hence the very powerful flushers ::yes::

Your Pop photography is GORGEOUS!!! Lovin' it.

I like the cube too. Our cubes are completely gray as well. Mine is half covered with notes and junk I need to know, the other half is Henry.
Hey BE! I was quite a proud Star Tours dad! That darn DDP def has some side effects. BUT, I'd gladly deal with them again for another round of dining! Glad you liked the photos! More coming soon.

Greetings all! Tahli had her tonsils out this morning and has come through just fine. We were all surprised by just how well she's done. She chatted up the nurses going in, and asked if she could put herself to sleep. They let her hold the mask and she was a regular little OR nurse. She woke up a bit disoriented, but no nausea. She immediately began with ice chips and they gave her a popsicle. (She loved that.) We're home now and she's doing great. I probably will not have time to do a full on episode today, but I plan to have one up tomorrow. We did get a date on Papa's surgery. He goes back in this Monday. They ought to give us our own suite or something. Anyway, have a great day and I'll check in again tomorrow.

What a brave little trooper! Tell Tahli she's in our thoughts and prayers. :hug: One of dd's friends had her tonsils out last year and it has made a world of difference in how much healthier she's been.

Psst...just wanted to tell you I started a trip report and there's a nod to you in there for inspiration for one of my pictures. :goodvibes Not that it turned out as well, but I tried!

What a brave little trooper! Tell Tahli she's in our thoughts and prayers. :hug: One of dd's friends had her tonsils out last year and it has made a world of difference in how much healthier she's been.
She's been doing great!

Psst...just wanted to tell you I started a trip report and there's a nod to you in there for inspiration for one of my pictures. :goodvibes Not that it turned out as well, but I tried!
AWESOME! :hug: I'm going to be checking it out!

I remember when my oldest had his out in 1998. It was awful! He was pretty sick for days, and really couldn't eat for about a week. Poor thing.

Hope Tahli continues to do so well! Consider it a HUGE blessing!

Looking forward to tomorrow's post :)

Greetings all! Tahli had her tonsils out this morning and has come through just fine. We were all surprised by just how well she's done. She chatted up the nurses going in, and asked if she could put herself to sleep. They let her hold the mask and she was a regular little OR nurse. She woke up a bit disoriented, but no nausea. She immediately began with ice chips and they gave her a popsicle. (She loved that.) We're home now and she's doing great. I probably will not have time to do a full on episode today, but I plan to have one up tomorrow. We did get a date on Papa's surgery. He goes back in this Monday. They ought to give us our own suite or something. Anyway, have a great day and I'll check in again tomorrow.

Glad she's doing so well and prayers for Tahli aand Papa Biscuit!! Looking forward to the update!

That's great news about Tahli handling her surgery so well! Prayers for her continued recovery and for the same level of success for Papa Biscuit.

Oh, and just to add my 2 cents. Put me on the list of women horrified at your choice of food after such a horrible *ahem* stomach incident :eek: Wouldn't have been my choice, for sure. But glad it worked out for ya.;)

Looking forward to more, but doing my best to be patient.....:rolleyes:

Boy did I have alot of catching up to do. Anyway your photos so far are absolutely wonderful I just love them. Your cubicle at work is totally cool! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad that your kids liked Star Tours, it's an old ride but still one of the best as far as I'm concerned.

Soooooo sorry about your tummy issues, not the best way to wake up. I have been there and done that. I am hoping that your day at Animal Kingdom goes off without a hitch and your not visiting every bathroom they have there. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear that Tahlia's operation went well and that she is healing nicely and I will continue to keep papa biscuit in my thoughts for his upcoming surgery.

Can't wait for the next update and more of your great photos. Keep up the good work. :goodvibes

I got a little behind, but now I'm up to date. Awesome updates! I'm so glad your panoramic prints came out so well! Walmart, huh? I'll remember that for when I get around to printing some.

I remember when my oldest had his out in 1998. It was awful! He was pretty sick for days, and really couldn't eat for about a week. Poor thing.

Hope Tahli continues to do so well! Consider it a HUGE blessing!

Glad she's doing so well and prayers for Tahli aand Papa Biscuit!! Looking forward to the update!

That's great news about Tahli handling her surgery so well! Prayers for her continued recovery and for the same level of success for Papa Biscuit.

Glad to hear that Tahlia's operation went well and that she is healing nicely and I will continue to keep papa biscuit in my thoughts for his upcoming surgery.

Thanks everyone! Tahli is doing great. She’s a little more sore today, but is still handling it very well.

:3dglasses

Oh, and just to add my 2 cents. Put me on the list of women horrified at your choice of food after such a horrible *ahem* stomach incident :eek: Wouldn't have been my choice, for sure. But glad it worked out for ya.;)
I added you to the list.

Boy did I have alot of catching up to do. Anyway your photos so far are absolutely wonderful I just love them. Your cubicle at work is totally cool! :thumbsup2
Thanks!

I'm so glad that your kids liked Star Tours, it's an old ride but still one of the best as far as I'm concerned.
Gotta love that ride. A little rehab wouldn’t hurt it, (maybe) but hey, I’m just glad it’s still there.

Soooooo sorry about your tummy issues, not the best way to wake up. I have been there and done that. I am hoping that your day at Animal Kingdom goes off without a hitch and your not visiting every bathroom they have there. :rolleyes:
Fortunately this was the one time engagement.

I got a little behind, but now I'm up to date. Awesome updates! I'm so glad your panoramic prints came out so well! Walmart, huh? I'll remember that for when I get around to printing some.
Just don’t try to have them printed in the store. Otherwise they’ll look at you like you just announced a Code 6 in Cosmetics. (Whatever that means.) Go to the website, and click the option for a poster collage, change the orientation to Landscape and add your panoramic shots. It takes about 2 weeks for them to come. I did 2 per poster on a black background then cut them out when they came. I would up going with the 16”x20” posters.

Episode 61 - Tahli’s Favorite WDW Attraction

We're on day two of Tahli's ecovery from her tonsillectomy. So far it's been harder on Tracy and I than it has on her. When she opened her eyes in recovery, she didn't cry, just looked at Tracy and said "I'm in pain," with a little tear on her cheek. If that doesn't break your heart, nothing will. She did great the rest of the day though & never did really cry or fuss. She'd let us know if she was hurting which wasn't all that often, and usually something cold to drink would do the trick. Last night went well. I woke her up twice to take her pain meds and it seemed to work. She slept in and hasn't complained too much today. She is fairly tired, and is not as eager to eat & drink as she was yesterday afternoon, but all in all, she is doing fantastic. We couldn't have asked for a better outcome. Thanks to all for the prayers. We know God is watching over her and praise Him for her excellent progress.

Previously on Biscuit's Grand Adventure, I had a rude awakening, downed a fried food chaser and took a photographic journey around the Pop Century. After arranging a meeting time with my dad, I returned to the room and shared my tales of woe and triumph. I helped Tracy get the girls ready, and we arrived at the bus stop around 11:30. (With the late night the two days before, and our scheduled evening EMH at Magic Kingdom, we felt it best to let them sleep in.) Today was Animal Kingdom Day and I was pretty excited about that. It was also hot as a big ugly dog outside. By the time we hit the bus stops, we were already needing us some AC.

The kids were all in a happy mood though and we were soon settled in and enjoying the bus ride.

100_1180b.png

Our first stop was at Disney's Blizzard Beach. We never went inside this park, but it looked cool from the parking lot. Only one family disembarked and no one else got on. In fact, it was a bit odd in that the bus stops were all deserted. (I think this was the only time the entire trip I saw that.) Soon we were back on the road and headed to Animal Kingdom.

I was excited too see the place, as I had never been inside this park before. (Another WDW first for the trip.) The bus finally pulled up we set out towards the main entrance,

DSC01133.JPG

Did I mention yet that it was hot that day? Let me tell you, we were feeling it big time by the time we hit the turnstiles. We went ahead and went with strollers again because we were planning on doing Evening Extra Magic Hour and with it being so hot outside, I wasn't sure how long the kids would last without them.

DSC01134.JPG

I had studied the maps of the place and had a reasonable idea as to the general layout of the park. It actually wound up being a fairly easy park to navigate. I checked out the schedule of everything happening that day, and we decided to grab FastPasses for Kali River Rapids, then head over to the one o'clock showing of Finding Nemo the musical.

DSC01135b.png

We headed to Kali and had another potty break in the outside dining area for Yak & Yeti, right across from the FastPass booths. I'm not sure if they were having an off day, or if there was an attempt in inject third world restroom ambiance, but this place was STANKY. (Which is about 3 rungs above odiferous.) If ever a restroom qualified as a Jordanyosh quintuple flush, this was it. There was trash on the floor, a wait to get in, it was hot inside, and as I mentioned before it was STANKY. I don't now what happened in there, but I'm fairly certain medical attention was required afterwards. (And no, it wasn't he bacon and taters coming back to bite me in the biscuit. The place was like that when I got there. Seriously. Quite shaking your head...)

EDITORIAL UPDATE -8/13! Having done further research into the general state of this particular facility, I see that it rated a double flush on Jordan's last visit. So I guess it just depends on when you hit it up.

After bidding a hasty goodbye to the Yak & Yeti Stalls of Doom, we grabbed our FPs and headed to Finding Nemo. As luck would have it, we only stood in line for about 5 min before it started moving. At first I was a bit nervous that this meant we were too far back in line to get into the show. Fortunately we made it into the theater and were soon seated in the center section near the top. We had a bit of a wait before the show started, but we were all so happy to be in air conditioning that we didnt care. It was just CRAZY hot outside.

We sat awhile and marveled at just how efficient Disney was at loading this theater to its full capacity. The lines of people just kept streaming in behind us and it was a good 20 minutes after we sat down before they shut the doors.

DSC01136b.png

I also broke out the video camera as it had been grossly neglected during the first couple of days of the trip. The show soon started and we were all mesmerized. The whole concept of puppets/actors being co-characters was amazing to see. Tahli was especially impressed with the show and would later tell us that it was here favorite thing of the entire trip.

DSC01137b.png

Near the end of the show, I felt a tug on my shirt. I looked down into the worried eyes of Hailee who advised me of the need for a potty run NOW. I started grabbing gear and packing up as I knew we wouldn't make it back before the show ended. Within 30 seconds I had everything packed up and ready to fly. It just so happened as I stood up, the show ended so we were able to go rushing out the door. Two questions now remained. Where were the potties and would me make it time? Tune in next time for the continuing saga of hot and hungry Biscuits.

Coming on Episode 62 - Rapids and Ribs

Last edited:
We, too, were mesmerized by the Nemo show! It was absolutely gorgeous, amazing, and stunning!

Good call with doing some stroller action! With that kind of heat, it's tough for the young'uns to hold out. Speaking of "holding" it, so hope you made it, and that the "rapids" you are referring to are not the "rapids of LittlePotty" but the Kali!

The Nemo show was fantastic and I know what you mean about the lines!! It feels like it goes on forever and you will never get to the end, lrt alone into the show! But then you do and it is so worth it!! Looking forward to more!!

The girls look so cute!!

Just reported:

The EPA Hazardous Site Sanitation Crew will be working on the Yak and Yeti Stalls of Doom soon. They are still finishing up their clean up in EPCOT just outside of Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter