Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

Hey Bisquit! I have no idea why I am compelled to use a q instead of a c, but I just am. So today you get a q, cuz it's more fun to keep typing nonsense than to go back and change the q to a c, even after I scrolled down to check the spelling.

My compelling thoughts now lead me to mention that:

1) My, then, 5 year actually fell asleep in the Muppets. It was that compelling, which by now you have figured out, is the word of the day.
afterwards wished we had had GB wisdom and done the other.
2) My now, 7 year old, also loved Star Tours and was compelled to giggle the entire ride. However, we saw Beauty and Beast instead of Mermaid, and

3) I love that picture of the monk taking the photo!! What a once in a lifetime shot. What can I say? Wait, I know, compelling!

4) I cannot wait to get a photo of the umbrella! It does "rain" right?? Does the rain show up in a picture?
I feel compelled to thank you for such a compelling post!

Glad the kids enjoyed Star Tours. I can't to hear how many times you rode it on your next MGM day. :)
I was thrilled ! It would not be our last visit!

Great pics! I :love: Off Kilter as well but would have skipped sun chairs as well. Too much whining from a certain 8 year old would have drowned the band out.
It was just TOO hot.

UGH! Ok, doesn't make me ever want to take the boat that's for sure!
The boats would redeem theselves later that week.

My DH really wants to eat here and the reviews have kept us away. Your review could well change that! Tahli....:rotfl2: that was great!
We really enjoyed it. I have to say the steak was the best thing I tried out of all the meals that we had on the table there.

DSC01042.jpg

(Sony Cybershot DSC-S700, Auto Mode)

Wow, what a great picture of the girls! They look like TWINS!!

I am amazed at that late hours y'all were keeping. Mine are teens, and we're in bed every night by 11 at WDW. Exhaustion from all the walking never fails to do us in!!

Yes, you never know what the big hits will be with the kids. We seem to do Muppets every year, but it is kind of lame. Plus this generation of kids are not quite so familiar with the Muppets, are they? Give me Philharmagic any day.....Star Tours was a HUGE hit with mine in the early years, too. We would all like to see a little update now, but from ages 3 to 11(ish), that was the be-all and end-all!

Biscuit -

Big prayers for Papa Biscuit!

My gosh, you have one good lookin' family! The girls DO look like twins...

Nothing clever to say, except I'm lovin' it!

Best,
Mrs. Spratt

PS - Peter Panic Attack's TR is HIGH-larious!

Those baby biscuits must have limitless energy! No way do we ever have energy to swim and stay up after the parks close. I agree with the others; Muppets is getting kind of lame and it's a shame that they don't show those re-runs so the little kids can get to know Kermit and Miss Piggy!

I hope the digestive instability is not what I think it is....(insert forboding music here).

Wow, what a great picture of the girls! They look like TWINS!!

My gosh, you have one good lookin' family! The girls DO look like twins...

Thanks! What's funny is that when my siter in law Tammy (Tracy's identical twin) was here this summer, people thought her youngest and Hailee were sisters. They look ALOT alike.

I am amazed at that late hours y'all were keeping. Mine are teens, and we're in bed every night by 11 at WDW. Exhaustion from all the walking never fails to do us in!!

Those baby biscuits must have limitless energy! No way do we ever have energy to swim and stay up after the parks close.

I think it's all in knowing you kids. We're all night owls and we all hate mornings. The only time we had problem with fussiness the entire trip involved an early wake up time. But that's getting ahead of myself.

Yes, you never know what the big hits will be with the kids. We seem to do Muppets every year, but it is kind of lame. Plus this generation of kids are not quite so familiar with the Muppets, are they? Give me Philharmagic any day.....

I agree with the others; Muppets is getting kind of lame and it's a shame that they don't show those re-runs so the little kids can get to know Kermit and Miss Piggy!

It must be a generational thing. I loved the Muppets growing up! (The Swedish Chef ROCKS!) But, the girls could care less

Star Tours was a HUGE hit with mine in the early years, too. We would all like to see a little update now, but from ages 3 to 11(ish), that was the be-all and end-all!
I think Star Tours would definitely benefit from an upgrade. It was still fun, but the luster is wearing off a bit.

Big prayers for Papa Biscuit!

Best,
Mrs. Spratt

PS - Peter Panic Attack's TR is HIGH-larious!
Thanks! I’ve started reading Peter Panic Attack’s TR, but have not gotten through all of it yet. I’ll post on it once I’m caught up.

I hope the digestive instability is not what I think it is....(insert forboding music here).
It was a sad moment in the land of Biscuitdom.

My first batch of Panoramic Prints came in and I have finished remodling my desk area. 52 ish photos from our Disney trip...some you have seen, some you have not. I gotta say, Wal-Mart did a fantastic job printing the Panoramics. I'll probably order at least a couple of more.

Had to make room in photobucket - killed these pics

I love the cubicle makeover! What a great way to remember the trip!

Episode 60 - Digestive Instability.

Previously on Biscuit's Grand Adventure: Mermaids were discovered, Muppets were despised and a little baby Biscuit loved herself some Star Tours. As I mentioned earlier, I crashed sometime around 2:30-3AM.

At some point in the night my conscious brain, received an urgent page from my subconscious brain and was ordered to report to the bridge immediately. Stumbling in and half awake, it was dazed and confused as to the nature of the emergency. Alarm bells were ringing, ensigns were frantically pressing buttons and I realized I had about 7.4 microns to make it to the potty before a set of Disney bedding was added to our lodging bill.

I shot out of bed and hurled myself into the restroom like a Duke boy going through the window of the General Lee. After an unknown amount of time had passed, and the final aftershock had rumbled into oblivion, I managed to stand up, then nearly fell down when I discovered my leg was asleep. Dragging the numb appendage behind me, I washed up outside, and sprayed the air with the first can I grabbed hold of. (It turned out to be a can of Arrid Extra Dry. I had brought it to spay on my feet before I put on my socks based on the recommendations of a Dis'er who swore it would prevent blisters. This was not entirely accurate, but it seems to help some.)

From the rumbles, gurgles and moans emanating from my midsection, it was clear that I was not going back to bed. I had no idea what time it was, so I found my phone and discovered it was now 6:35. That's AM. In the morning. Just a bit over 3.5 - 4ish hours since I went to sleep. I had showered and left out my clothes the night before so I got dressed, grabbed my cameras and my mug, and set out to walk it off and hopefully settle my stomach with some Sprite.

For reasons I can't fully explain, I decided to take a couple of photos of the lake first. The first thing that surprised me was that there were several people out running. I didn't know people ran in real life. I thought that was just stunt people on TV. I figure there only three reasons a fellow ought to run. One I had already done that morning, getting to an attraction had already been done the night before, and as there were no snakes in sight, I figured I was good on the third.

I meandered about the bridge a bit and did more soaking in of the atmosphere than I did photo taking. Eventually I made my way to edge of the bridge and snapped a pic before heading to Everything Pop.

DSC01061b.JPG

I cut through the Hippy Dippy pool area and it was really odd seeing it so quiet and empty. I had to stop and take a few shots just to document it.

pop2.png
(Composited from 8 photos.)

Everything Pop was bustling that morning. After I filled my mug, I sat for a few minutes and did some people watching. The Sprite helped settle my stomach a bit and the smell of breakfast actually had me feeling hungry. Figuring if I was going to jump in the water, it may as well be head first, I went in search of some Biscuits and Gravy. It was then that I made a sad and troubling discovery. They don't sell Biscuits and Gravy anywhere at the Pop! I was outraged! Incensed! How can this be? Who opened a restaurant in the South that DOESN'T have Biscuits and Gravy? (Yes I know I keep capitalizing Biscuits and Gravy. That's because in Texas, Biscuits and Gravy is a sacred dish.)

It now fell upon me to come up with Plan B. Since I was only, I don't know, maybe 2 minutes into Plan A, I had to stop and ponder it a bit. Finally I elected to go with the red potato hash brown thingys and some bacon. It was actually good. In fact it was REALLY good. Those were some mighty fine taters. Not worthy of being capitalized like Biscuits and Gravy mind you, but tasty nonetheless.

I sat quite a while and just did some people watching. Everyone seemed to be in such a good mood. It was morning at Disney after all.

DSC01088.JPG

I briefly pondered going to the parks, but wasn't sure I wanted to tempt fate quite that much. Plus I had no idea what the rest of the crew would be doing this morning. I finally decided to finish up my resort tour and take some more photos. I topped off my mug, grabbed my gear and headed out the door. My plan was simple. Head left first, take in the 70's, 80's and 90's, then work my way back. So for the next 90 minutes, I toured the resort grounds.

17440014.JPG

DSC01111.JPG

17610024.JPG

17610023.JPG'

17440001.JPG

Last edited:
03940002.JPG

04000007.JPG

17610005.JPG

17610006.JPG

DSC01102.JPG

17610008.JPG

17610009.JPG

17610017.JPG

17610019.JPG

By the time I was done taking photos, it was around 9:45. Even that early in the morning, it was really hot. I returned to Everything POP for a final refill and spent a few minutes cooling off. I passed my dad on the way out and discovered that they were up, but were still getting ready. I headed back up to the room and started the process of getting the girls up and dressed. Would my digestive instabilities return? If so at least we were going to Animal Kingdom where I could blame it on the gorilla.

Coming up On Episode 61 - Tahlia's Favorite WDW Attraction

Last edited:
Yikes, I was a couple of days behind, but great updates, Oh great one.

Loved, loved the pics!!

Breakfast at Pop: Adult breakfast platter! I got it for brunch sometimes when I worked there. YUM!

Hmm, charging people for ruining sheets at Disney, great idea. That could save a few million here and there! :idea:

Ooooooooooooh, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, which is my reaction to your photos and your cubicle!!! Loved the ducks, too funny!!

How great that the kids all liked Star Tours!! What a wonderful day you ended up having!! Loved your shot of Nana taking a picture! I can honestly say that I can not recall ever having seen a monk in Disneyland or Wdw. I did see the tattoo guy last Sept. at WDW though. The one with all the Disney tattoos. Very cool!

That's so funny about Papa Biscuits comment when he got out of the hospital. Tell him if he ever has them on again to put some music on the tv to drown out the noise and close his eyes and pretend he is getting a leg massage.;)

I LOVE your picture of the bridge. I would totally hang that in my family room!

I need to go search out some new lenses for my camera. Maybe I'll get a Sigma 70-300 ;)

I was so wrong in my guess about the digestive problems. I thought one of the kids threw up. :scared: Never thought about you being the victim. The bridge picture is magnificent, as are all of them. I have yet to try the panoramic stitch setting on my camera or the macro, either. You have such a good photographer's eye! I keep asking dh (who started as an art major and minored in photography) why he can't help me set up better pictures and he replied, "that's why I changed majors!" :rotfl2:

Life has a way of getting in the way of my dis-ing. Just caught up.
lots of this:rotfl2:
a little of this:sick:
an episode or should i say attack of.....:scared1:
But all in all i give you this.:thumbsup2

Omigod.... You had me laughing so hard I was almost in tears. :rotfl2: I hope you felt better as the day went on. Your pics of the resort are BEAUTIFUL!! Can't wait for the next installment! popcorn::

So after spending considerable time in the bathroom, eating fried potatoes and bacon appealed to you? Yuck! Must be a guy thing. :lmao: Let's see if I can conquer whatever is trying to attack my stomach by feeding it all this greasy food. :rolleyes1
Loved your photos - do you have a fancy camera or just a regular digital camera?

You were a mighty cheesy bisquit on this morning!

Thats what I do, turn food products into bodily function humour.

Great photos. Sure the camera was on auto, I have images of you with a beret and a huge flashbulb setup :rolleyes1.

Lovin the adventure!

17430004.jpg

(Nikon N60, Sigma 70-300 at 300MM, Shutter Priority, f11, 1/1000, ISO 400)
This is gorgeous!
I love Off Kilter. I have a couple of their CD’s and enjoy listening to them. I was looking forward to hearing the band live. Then the sun went supernova and I realized that the seats were uncovered. Sorry guys, don’t love you enough to leave a layer of skin melted into the bench.
Yeah, that's pretty much our situation every Food & Wine Fest... "Hey, these guys are cool - let's stop and listen!" Followed by "Hey, it's hot as blazes, let's go find more beer instead!" :rotfl:

As we were bouncing through the ice caves, Hailee pulled my arm and yelled “THIS IS THE BEST RIDE EVER DADDY!”
:cool1:

DSC01061b.jpg

(Sony Cybershot DSC-S700, Auto Mode)
WOW GB, this is stunning! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I left both of my cameras in Full Auto mode all morning as it was WAY too early to trust my own judgment.
Hard to believe these were all in Auto mode - the lighting is fantastic, as is the composition! Really, nice work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter