Bikes for children on Castaway Cay

roxymama

DIS Veteran
We are going on our first cruise soon and my daughter is learning to ride a bike without training wheels but has not mastered it. I currently have the snorkel/tube/bike rental package booked. What options do they have for children for bikes on Castaway Cay? Are there training wheel options? She is 49" and in kindergarten for reference.

They have bikes with training wheels and smaller frame bikes up to adult sizes (including a bike with a kid seat of the back). Great choice, we always rent the bikes and cruise around the island. Don't worry about the time, we've never had a hassel about the supposed 1 hour time limit

We are going on our first cruise soon and my daughter is learning to ride a bike without training wheels but has not mastered it. I currently have the snorkel/tube/bike rental package booked. What options do they have for children for bikes on Castaway Cay? Are there training wheel options? She is 49" and in kindergarten for reference.

They have many bikes in all sorts of sizes including small ones with training wheels.

9DD084B8-ECCB-4553-A392-8F63E4EB2A14.jpeg

They also have helmets in assorted sizes. Children are required to wear helmets, but it is optional for adults. They had a few different sizes with training wheels. My son just turned 5 and is a few inches shorter than your DD. He rode the training wheel bike with ease, and the seat was adjustable.

May I just encourage all adults to wear helmets as well? I have had two friends who literally only survived bike wrecks because they were wearing helmets. I have also been walking around a park and have witnessed the aftermath of a bike wreck where an adult was not wearing a helmet - it was not pretty, and the EMTs were not sure he was going to make it...and even if he did he would likely never be the same. Would you want your children to have to witness something like that and live with the results just because they weren't required?

Just something to think about.

They have many bikes in all sorts of sizes including small ones with training wheels.

View attachment 388484

Thank you for the photo! I should have known disney would have all ages covered, but I wanted to be sure.

They also have helmets in assorted sizes. Children are required to wear helmets, but it is optional for adults. They had a few different sizes with training wheels. My son just turned 5 and is a few inches shorter than your DD. He rode the training wheel bike with ease, and the seat was adjustable.

My kiddo would probably chide me if I didn't have a helmet for her. :)

May I just encourage all adults to wear helmets as well? I have had two friends who literally only survived bike wrecks because they were wearing helmets. I have also been walking around a park and have witnessed the aftermath of a bike wreck where an adult was not wearing a helmet - it was not pretty, and the EMTs were not sure he was going to make it...and even if he did he would likely never be the same. Would you want your children to have to witness something like that and live with the results just because they weren't required?

Just something to think about.

Agreed! Husband is a triathlete and a big proponent of helmets even on easy rides.

Re. Helmets - to clarify, it is Disney’s policy that children must wear helmets, but adults are not required to do so. They do have adult size helmets and there were plenty available in small, medium and large sizes. No need to pack helmets if you plan to rent bikes! I also strongly encourage wearing a helmet for biking on CC. While the trails were asphalt and well maintained, I wouldn’t say the same for the bikes. They weren’t in terrible disrepair, but not great. I returned the first I chose with very low air in the front tire and ended up trading it in for one with a busted seat. I am an experienced cyclist and didn’t feel completely safe on either one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter