Biggest Differences Between Classic Ships and Dream Class Ships

I have always found a much smaller price difference between inside and veranda staterooms on the Fantasy than the classics as well. So if a veranda is important to you, that is something to consider.

We've done the Magic and Wonder once each, and been on the Dream twice. I prefer the Dream to the classic ships, but have not tried the Fantasy (yet).

For us it comes down to - on demand movies, adult only area, the rainforest room, bigger Cabanas.

We wouldn't hesitate to sail any of them but I do find I am wanting to hit the Fantasy next.

I think the adult pools on the classic ships are way better than on the newer ships

eta: I believe exotic rasul is offered on the classic ships but don't know for sure

Ugh. I was pretty set on having changed to the Fantasy over Presidents' Week next year even with Star Wars essentially meaning I have one less day at sea to truly relax (figure that will largely be on my balcony to avoid the insanity).

But this is making me think about changing back to the Wonder - though I'd have to deal with the stupid Supper Club instead...

Yeah...some math convinced me to stay put with the Fantasy. I'm in a verandah cabin (7A, but still) on the Fantasy for only between $200 and $450 (depending on deck) more than I could rebook to an ocean view on the Wonder. Like, that doesn't happen!!

Yeah...some math convinced me to stay put with the Fantasy. I'm in a verandah cabin (7A, but still) on the Fantasy for only between $200 and $450 (depending on deck) more than I could rebook to an ocean view on the Wonder. Like, that doesn't happen!!

So what about the Wonder made you think about switching?

So what about the Wonder made you think about switching?

Initially I was on the Wonder - partly because it would complete my Grand Slam but mostly because I wouldn't be losing a day at sea to Star Wars, which I do not like. But the more I thought about it, I don't really like San Juan that much and I've been there and St Maarten before (whereas the Western is all new to me), I am not a fan of Triton's menu (I don't do duck or fish and that severely limited the gluten-free options without being "that person" demanding that they bend over backwards and make stuff totally not on the menu to accommodate me) and the more I heard about Tiana's and how supper club it sounds (I detest supper clubs) I decided to change and get a verandah on the Fantasy so I can have an outside refuge on the lost-to-me sea day.

Then I started remembering how much I love sea days and the Eastern gives me more of those. And figured I could just suck it up and tolerate Triton's, request Tiana's for night one and do Palo then and the other Tiana's night. Enjoy the sea days, hit a beach in San Juan, figure out what to do in St Maarten (or elsewhere as it looks like St Maarten may be questionable based on it disappearing from an itinerary yesterday and there only being one shore excursion listed). But when I did the math, it was as I posted earlier - I have a balcony for less than $500 more than I could get an OV on the Wonder. So I'm staying with the Fantasy.

Initially I was on the Wonder - partly because it would complete my Grand Slam but mostly because I wouldn't be losing a day at sea to Star Wars, which I do not like. But the more I thought about it, I don't really like San Juan that much and I've been there and St Maarten before (whereas the Western is all new to me), I am not a fan of Triton's menu (I don't do duck or fish and that severely limited the gluten-free options without being "that person" demanding that they bend over backwards and make stuff totally not on the menu to accommodate me) and the more I heard about Tiana's and how supper club it sounds (I detest supper clubs) I decided to change and get a verandah on the Fantasy so I can have an outside refuge on the lost-to-me sea day.

Then I started remembering how much I love sea days and the Eastern gives me more of those. And figured I could just suck it up and tolerate Triton's, request Tiana's for night one and do Palo then and the other Tiana's night. Enjoy the sea days, hit a beach in San Juan, figure out what to do in St Maarten (or elsewhere as it looks like St Maarten may be questionable based on it disappearing from an itinerary yesterday and there only being one shore excursion listed). But when I did the math, it was as I posted earlier - I have a balcony for less than $500 more than I could get an OV on the Wonder. So I'm staying with the Fantasy.

Ah, so it is the itinerary, not the ship.

I have been on the Fantasy twice and the Dream once. We like the Dream class of ships. Our last time was in March- Spring Break and Star Wars Day. Even though our other two cruises were also sold out, this cruise just seemed more crowded. Not sure how much of it was due to Star Wars and how much of it was because of Spring Break. Not only did it seem more crowded, but they kids were running crazy. I guess parents assumed they were safe since we were on a ship, and the kids acted like kids will act when there is no adult supervision.

Ah, so it is the itinerary, not the ship.

I have been on the Fantasy twice and the Dream once. We like the Dream class of ships. Our last time was in March- Spring Break and Star Wars Day. Even though our other two cruises were also sold out, this cruise just seemed more crowded. Not sure how much of it was due to Star Wars and how much of it was because of Spring Break. Not only did it seem more crowded, but they kids were running crazy. I guess parents assumed they were safe since we were on a ship, and the kids acted like kids will act when there is no adult supervision.

It's both. LOL.

I don't mind the Classics - or at least the Magic. But I do miss little things like Midship Detective and Skyline (NO Keys or Cadillac Lounge is NOT the same) that are on the bigger girls.

I never have a choice in the time I cruise so it's always during breaks (unlike parents who get little pushback for taking a week off during the school year, administration kind of frowns on teachers asking for that privilege as well). Typically the kids stay contained in the clubs or stay put on the main pool deck, leaving the adult areas nice and quiet - relatively speaking. But that's why I decided I would splurge for a balcony if I did the Fantasy as that way even if the adult deck gets nuts I'll have somewhere I can go outside that will be calm.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter