• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big Surprise in Room @ BCV UPDATE! 11/2

OneMoreTry said:
Does this mean the call did not come from DVC management? I'm a little confused :confused3 , as I would think this problem would not fall under the jurisdiction of "the Executive Offices @ WDW." I'm not questioning your post. I want to understand how the incident came to their attention.

I sent the letter to the Executive Offices @ the address listed above & copied Member Services, Jim Lewis & my guide @ Celebration address.

Individual I spoke to said their office had also received a copy from MS requesting attention to the matter.

To elaborate on the comment that there were several notes "on file" as to my calls, complaints,etc. during my stay; they were able to verify my attempts to resolve the issue. They were even able to ascertain the 2 different cell phone numbers I left in my messages @ which we could be reached the next day. I was told that all WDW mgmt carries a blackberry & that "incidents" are inputed. Assume it's more of micro-management @ WDW and "CYA" but, served as record to support this breakdown in service.

It was explained to me that the chain of command beginning with:

Front desk;

Bell services (who is the bright spot in the whole scenario, who rustled up a mgt trainee to get the ball rolling)

Trainee (he sure earned his ears on this one
wink.gif
)

Housekeeping Shift Leader

Housekeeping Manager

Manager on Duty (they stand behind the fact that one is on duty 24 hours)

Resort Manager; and so on would have their actions reviewed to determine where the breakdown in communication occured.

My money's on the night manager, probably sleeping in the back with instuctions not to wake him:rolleyes2

Keishashadow, thanks for keeping us all posted. You know I have been sick over this and it makes me feel better to hear they are at least AWARE of it... The only thing worse than imagining a room filled with roaches is imagining them saying "Too bad; you're stuck." You might recall that I have a family member who was essentially in the same situation at POP and who was told pretty much the same thing... "Stay in the roach room because we are full" and "We are limited in what we can spray so deal with it." As you are the second reliable witness to such a scenario, I have been really upset over this whole matter.

I have stays at Wilderness Lodge and Old Key West planned for the coming year. Hopefully by 2008 -- when we'll want to return to Beach Club... they will have figured out how to evict these unwelcome guests and planned a strategy should any return :)

We too had an incident at the Beach Club about 5 years ago. I know, I know, everyone will think I am jumping on the bandwagon, which really I am not. Anyhow, we were totally blown off, the profuse mold all over the bathroom was never cleaned and we were told they were sold out so basically we couldn't move. We also had roaches in our room and a huge roach had gotten in our bag of bagged breakfast bars, chips, etc. that we had left on the floor. None of the bags had been opened but we still threw out all the food because of the new "friend" we found in our bag. Also our car that we had left in the lot for the last few days was invaded with very large ants. No we didn't have any food in our car, so I don't know why our car was picked out for the ants, but there were hundreds of them all over the van. The only thing I saw resembling food was an old Big Gulp container right next to our van so maybe that was what attracted them to our vehicle. No the big Gulp was not ours either, it was just bad luck that someone decided to throw in on the ground instead of disposing of it in the proper place. Anyhow, our son got sick so we did have to add on a day after our BC stay to which we stayed at OKW because we needed laundry facilites in the room to clean up the vomit......Anyhow at OKW we saw there was poop on the bathroom door that had not been cleaned up. Yes I typed poop and no it wasn't chocolate, I know the difference. I was furious. I cleaned it up and called the manager at the frontdesk. I reported the incident along with the BC incident and wanted it documented for followup. When I went home I also wrote a nice long letter to DVC and the Executive Office. I did have a followup from the Executive Office saying they were stunned that there were any cleanliness issues as they have never had any reports before of such problems. I knew right there he was lying through his teeth. He did offer me a free night at the YC as an apology. I really wanted this to be brought to the housekeeping's attention and didn't look for any reimbursement, I just didn't want this to happen to anyone again. We were new DVC members and I was horrified at what I had just bought into. Fast forward to this summer when we were back down in WDW. We stayed at WL and paid for the weeks stay as I didn't want to use points. The room was clean, etc. Anyhow, we had bought a Fantasmic dinner package to see the show that night, but when we got to the back entrance at 8:25 pm to enter they said the theater was full and we couldn't get in. I had to go to Guest Services and while waiting for them to correct the situation and give me a new blue pass to enter Fantasmic another night they had a screen popped up with all my information on it, inclusive of my complaint from years back about the unclean resorts. I was mortified. :blush: Not that I wouldn't have been, but thank god prior to seeing this I was very easygoing and not at all angry that the CM wouldn't let us in the show that night. I told them it was no big deal that we come back in the next few nights to see Fantasmic, even though that was not our original plan. Other people in the Guest Service area were raising holy hell because they were so mad they couldn't get in. Anyhow, I was very surprised that this information had popped up for any CM to see, not that it was any big secret or not. Maybe it is there because some people are scammers and before a CM offers a solution they need to know if the person complaining is a constant complainer, a scammer or just a person with an unfortunate situation that has happened to them. I guess it was just another case of "big brother" keeping track of what's going on in his world but I was surprised to have this personal information along with all my other demographic information pop up on a screen for anyone to see.

Sorry this happened to you.

Somebody help here. I am lurking on these boards trying to make my decision about DVC. While I live in FL. and am way savvy on the bug issue and fault NOONE for having them I do think that (being a customer service manager) the service you recieved was deplorable. I understand that particular resort being booked but are you telling me that out of all the resorts at WDW they couldn't put you up for the night in comparable accomodations until the problem was corrected. Forget the water thing, it's a mute point I agree that e-mailing about that is not going to get you anywhere. I would imagine the response would be that taking deliveries for guests is something that they do on a customer service level but that they are not obligated to do so and are not responsible for misplaced or unrecieved items- just a hunch, not that I agree with it. What I really want to know is, say like me you lived in Fl. and your service was not at all acceptable. Could you have said fine, we'll go home and not lost those DVC points? b/c that's what I would have done if I had been treated so poorly. But I would rather continue to pay for my trips to WDW than be held hostage in a room that was unacceptable b/c I'd lose dvc points. Does that make sense at all?
...t.

t-beri, do the research then decide as to DVC. We bought 2 resorts unseen and were happy campers (until this trip). As for us, we're still glad we bought plan on adding on soon, pref. @ CRV; may "settle" for AKV;) but, only AFTER we check out the service.

However, as I mentioned earlier, this trip was booked to decide if we'd add on @ BC. The answer - of course not. I'll never be able to stay there again and NOT think of the creepy critters. Was I reasonable or an alarmist, I'm not sure but, I couldn't wait to get out of that studio, even after they sprayed it...big downer.

Good luck!

I would just like to say we recently returned from a WONDERFUL stay at BCV in a studio. We were treated great, any issues were addressed immediately. ( I wasn't satisfied with the cleanliness of the shower, housekeeping came immediately. )

My DH is in a WC & we found out that the pool was not accessible. He called the front desk. The next day we had a handwritten letter from a Guest Services manager. He stated he was going to check into this. He has since emailed us & given us his ph. #. He is contacting his supervisors to address the issue.

There were no roaches at all nor any other problems at BC. We were very happy & are thrilled with our recent DVC purchase.

t-beri said:
<snip>... I understand that particular resort being booked but are you telling me that out of all the resorts at WDW they couldn't put you up for the night in comparable accomodations until the problem was corrected..<snip>What I really want to know is, say like me you lived in Fl. and your service was not at all acceptable. Could you have said fine, we'll go home and not lost those DVC points? b/c that's what I would have done if I had been treated so poorly. But I would rather continue to pay for my trips to WDW than be held hostage in a room that was unacceptable b/c I'd lose dvc points. Does that make sense at all?

Or wouldn't.

I totally understand what you're saying and as a new DVC family ourselves, this was a concern for us as well before purchasing. We were concerned that as DVC members, we would now be considered "disposable guests" because they already had our money.

I must say, we've never, been treated like that when staying at DVC using points, we've always been treated with the same type of care as when we were strictly cash paying guests, but we've also not ever experienced issues that I would consider a true test of that underlying concern either.

What I've read on these boards however, when someone else has been faced with what I would consider a true test issue, it hasn't exactly warmed my heart either.

I know that there are many corporate entities under the Disney umbrella, however, most guests (cash paying, on points, comped, whatever) aren't going to take the time, and don't care WHOSE fault a problem is, to figure that out.

I maintain those different corporate layers should be transparent to every guest. Disney is smart enough to figure out that guests will normally always use who is available to them on the front lines to solve a problem which is normally Front Desk or Concierge staff.

It is up to Disney to develop better internal troubleshooting procedures and give Managers the authority to deal with them.

When it is a knwn fact that some Disney resorts are struggling to maintain occupancy levels and you encounter a problem severe enough that should warrant moving someone (on points or otherwise), and are being told that there is nothing they can do, and to basically deal with it or lose points because that particular resort is full, that is unacceptable.

The end result if they don't deal with issues properly, is that it is a black eye for all of Disney to overcome in the public's mind.

It also could be a major stumbling block to DVC in attempting to get people to part with a large sum of money if the perception is that they will end up being treated as unimportant and disposable once their check has been deposited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter