• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big Surprise in Room @ BCV UPDATE! 11/2

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Just back from 1st visit to BCV & CR, overall trip was wonderful but, had an awful beginning.

I'll preface this by saying I know the BCV has it's legions of fans & I'll probably get flamed left & right but, here goes anyway.

When we checked into out lovely studio with fantastic view of Epcot we were thrilled. A little irritated that our Staples order (cases of water & pretzels) was lost but, hopeful it would show up soon.

When we returned to room later that evening after midnight & turned on the lights, we were horrified by roaches crawling on the walls.

I immediately called guest services who informed me that there were no other rooms available & we'd have to tough it out overnight. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told none was available but, that he would be paged.

As I sat in the charming wicker chair all night, I both called the front desk & left several voice messages for the manager. I did not receive a response.

The next morning I went to the lobby & was told once again, no manager was available to speak to me but, I could have full housekeeping if need be...

At that point I loudly used the "R" word & said I wanted the room fumigated by the time we returned from the parks. I was assured it would be handled by noon.

When we returned @ 2:00 p.m. it still wasn't accomplished & again I reiterated my insistence on pest control being immediately summoned.

We left again for the parks & upon our return in the evening, I checked back with the desk & was told the deed was done. At no point did I receive a confirming call or apology from housekeeping or management.

I'm a realtor & have managed properties for many years & have seen my share of roaches...they may call them palmetto bugs in FL but, a roach is a roach. I also lived several years in FL as a child & remember that the exterminator came every month to control them.

My complaint is not the roaches, per se, moreso the lackadasial response to our very pressing concern. Additionally, it took 3 days for the Staples order to appear; only after I faxed them a copy of signed delivery receipt was it magically found.

Ewwwwww :scared1:

That was totally unacceptable to never have a manager contact you. For pete's sake, who was in charge that day...the bellhop? You definitely need to follow-up on that one!

I had a similar problem, not the bug problem, the case of water missing. I was at CSR and I was directed to 3 different people. Finally a women named Wendy heard how irritated I was and took it upon herself to make a decision. She sent over two cases of the hotels water so we would have water for the parks that morning. I don't know why others can't use their brains like her. Never did get my Staples water.

we had a problem when we were staying at the BCV, not roaches, but anyways email the BCV resort and manager should contact you. I was contacted in about a week. And the funny thing is the manager said about 100 times, you should have asked for a manager. :rotfl:

Sorry that this happened to you.

Palmetto Bugs, while roaches have some extra special 'bonuses'.

They can fly!!! :faint: and they often grow to more than 3 inches! :eek:

The way you were treated is unacceptable. I also suggest your write to Mr. Lewis!

-Tony

palmettobug.jpg

pic-roach-aust.jpg

P.S. My son's frog (Photo in my siggie) would have made short work of those roaches for you!!!

So sorry you had to deal with that. That is unacceptable at any resort.

Hopefully the rest of the trip turned out ok.

greenban - I'll look on the bright side that we had teeny ones...only about 1-1/2 inches...still gross, hope we didn't bring any "souveniers" home with us.

Shall fire off emails to BCV & Jim Lewis, will report as to replies.

My mom sez I should have stood in the lobby proclaiming that they were infested & something would've been done much sooner...not quite my style but, probably much more effective.

Overall, the trip was fantastic though, says something for the power of Dis magic when it can overcome that unfortunate start. Assume we'll laugh about it down the road but, I'm still unsettled over it.

I can't believe there were no rooms available in all of BCV. Next time try a manager at member services, or your guide. Maybe they could have helped.

At no point did I receive a confirming call or apology from housekeeping or management.
Whoa.....what a story ! When it was all said and done, this was the least they could have done for you. A follow-up phone call is just basic good customer service.
Glad your package eventually arrived.
When I saw your subject line "Big suprise in room"....I was thinking it would be a GOOD suprise !

Not acceptable. No manager available? Someone is in charge that could be called. Where I work we have to identify who will be covering for us in order to take a day off. No manager, ok, whose in charge of the manager. Get them there. I agree with your perspective, things happen, but the response was unacceptable. kept wondering what the "R" word was.....searching my 4 letter vocabulary.....

Palmetto bugs? You sat up all night because of Palmetto bugs? Really? :confused3

sean-1966 said:
I can't believe there were no rooms available in all of BCV. Next time try a manager at member services, or your guide. Maybe they could have helped.

i can believe no rooms available....this is a very popular resort...

we had an issue with not pests but our smoke detector going off
while we were sleeping at 2am....

it went off on us, our room only, and we went down to the front desk
to let them know thinking also that there would have been some kind of alarm or some flag raised at security or the front desk....But they had no clue our
detector was going off...U would think that at a resort for safety if this happened an alarm would notify either security or the front desk....
Not even did it trigger anything at the fire department...
Thank god there was no immdeiate danger...
All in all the situation was handled pretty good, There was a manager
on duty that quickly came out to help and made sure to follow up with us the next couple of days to make sure it didnt go off again, and that night
had someone from nighttime maintenence come check it..
I dont remember the managers name but she had red hair, long and curly
i think it was jessica...
And admist it all we didnt complain about anything...we didnt leave alot of messages with a manager...I guess just a attitude we have of "everything works out in the end" and it worked out fine. follow up and all
so why harp on it....during the night while Waiting for the maintenence
we just took a late night stroll on the beach instead of pacing and leaving messages with anyone....
Maybe they just didnt have a manager on duty at the time...
Sometimes they can have an "acting" or fill in supervisor...

fire off all the emails u want...do u really think anything will get done. doubt it
working in my customer service area there are too many agents, even supervisors who get complaints all the time and dont do anything about it..
just go on with life, why still harp on it,,,I swear that the last 4 years
i have been to disney with 3 times at the beach club I have never seen
a roach anywhere, nor have I ever paid attention..

every manager I have confronted about anything there recently have bent
over backwards, even more than necessary "what can I do to fix it, etc"
I just say Im not looking for "compensation" , just wanted you to be aware..
Maybe its the way the situation is approached.

llrain said:
every manager I have confronted about anything there recently have bent
over backwards, even more than necessary "what can I do to fix it, etc"
I just say Im not looking for "compensation" , just wanted you to be aware..
Maybe its the way the situation is approached.

While I agree with some of your posting, your experience was not the posters experience. My sister insists that a major chain restaurant gave her food poisoning. I didn't get food poisoning, so why is she still upset :confused3 . We had different experiences. It is reasonable to notify Disney and report the problems.

That's horrible!! I would have freaked. As both my husband and my Ehrlich exterminator know-I hate bugs.

I am not addressing what did or did not happen with the OP but for future travelers to any Disney resort.

Do not call the Front Desk from your room, you get the Call Center and truthfully they are not very efficient. They say they are passing on the messages, but very few get through.

Go to the Front Desk in person, ask for the on duty manager. There is one there 24/7. Wait at the desk for this person. Usually unless they are out on the property with a problem, they are in the office there at the Front Desk, so the wait time is minimal.

Then take the manager to your room and have them personally deal with your problem.

Problem solved then.

Keishashadow.....................OMG!!!!!!!!! So sorry that that happened to ya. That doesn't sound like a magical vacation. What room # was it?

Sammie said:
I am not addressing what did or did not happen with the OP but for future travelers to any Disney resort.

Do not call the Front Desk from your room, you get the Call Center and truthfully they are not very efficient. They say they are passing on the messages, but very few get through.

Go to the Front Desk in person, ask for the on duty manager. There is one there 24/7. Wait at the desk for this person. Usually unless they are out on the property with a problem, they are in the office there at the Front Desk, so the wait time is minimal.

Then take the manager to your room and have them personally deal with your problem.

Problem solved then.
Great idea. I'll keep that in mind no matter what resort I'm at.

Listening to a few podcasts this past week I've been hearing of tons of bug problems these past two weeks at WDW. At the All Stars people would open their doors and hundreds of bugs would fly in. I'd wager the balcony door must have been left open at the BCV room.

Listening to a few podcasts this past week I've been hearing of tons of bug problems these past two weeks at WDW. At the All Stars people would open their doors and hundreds of bugs would fly in. I'd wager the balcony door must have been left open at the BCV room.
There is/was a "love bug" problem the past several weeks at WDW. I just got back over a week ago. They were everywhere ! I was at VWL....friends were at POP. These bugs were indeed all over the door---and they did fly in when you opened the door. They were in the monorails....the busses etc. They would land on you simply strolling down Main Street. But roaches in your room are a different story. I think Keishashadow had every right to be upset and call management despite what llrain thinks. I think she should have gotten some sort of follow-up from them.

Wow!!! After hearing so many bad things about BCV (roaches, filthy rooms, torn furniture), I don't think I'd ever want to stay there. Glad we own at SSR instead.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter