• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best place to rent wheelchair

carolynb

Mouseketeer
Our next Disney World trip we need to rent a wheelchair for my husband. Where is the best place to rent for the entire trip? Thanks

You can rent one from Gold Mobility - but you may want to consider a scooter. Someone has to do a whole lot of pushing!

Our next Disney World trip we need to rent a wheelchair for my husband. Where is the best place to rent for the entire trip? Thanks

You can rent one from Gold Mobility - but you may want to consider a scooter. Someone has to do a whole lot of pushing!

I agree with @Bjkandma - if you are thinking about renting a manual wheelchair, you, or someone in your travel party will most likely have to push your husband. Most folks who do not use a manual wheelchair in their daily lives don't make it through the first 2 hours of self-propelling at WDW, let alone a whole day. And if they manage any amount of time, their arms, shoulders and hands will all be wrecked the next day.

Disney World is flat... until you have to push a device around (any kind of device, including a stroller, walker, etc.) If your husband can drive an ECV, that's a great idea, simply because it will be easier for everyone physically. If he can not drive an ECV, then definitely rent from Gold Mobility - their chairs will be in better shape than the rental fleet at Disney Parks, and you will have the chair available to use full time at the hotel, on the buses, etc.

I agree with @Bjkandma - if you are thinking about renting a manual wheelchair, you, or someone in your travel party will most likely have to push your husband. Most folks who do not use a manual wheelchair in their daily lives don't make it through the first 2 hours of self-propelling at WDW, let alone a whole day. And if they manage any amount of time, their arms, shoulders and hands will all be wrecked the next day.

Disney World is flat... until you have to push a device around (any kind of device, including a stroller, walker, etc.) If your husband can drive an ECV, that's a great idea, simply because it will be easier for everyone physically. If he can not drive an ECV, then definitely rent from Gold Mobility - their chairs will be in better shape than the rental fleet at Disney Parks, and you will have the chair available to use full time at the hotel, on the buses, etc.
Thank you for the info. My husband has limited vision in his right eye and problems with cognitive thinking so I don’t think he will be able to manage an ECV. I will check with Gold Mobility. With this company, do you have to be at the resort when it is delivered and picked up?

ScooterBug is the only vendor allowed to leave equipment at Bell Services at the WDW resorts; all other vendors will arrange to meet you in-person for pick-up and return.

I rented a wheel from Scooterbug in June - it was at POFQ waiting for us to pick it up from Bell Services. The night before we left I dropped it off at BS. Super easy. DH would fold it up & put it on the buses. You could wheel it up the ramp too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter