best park for a 4 year old

ahasham

Earning My Ears
We are taking our 4 year old and was curious on peoples opinions on which park would be time best spent?

I have one of the little beasts (I mean, beauties) and I concur with the PP. MK and AK.

Magic Kingdom, hands down. :thumbsup2

There are so many great things to do there!
* Character dining
* Visiting characters at specified locations
* Live stage shows at Cinderella's Castle
* Lots of age appropriate rides (It's a Small World, Peter Pan, etc.)
* Train ride around the park
* The parade and fireworks

It truly is just a magical place for kids. :goodvibes My second preference would be Animal Kingdom, then Hollywood Studios, and lastly, Epcot. The only reason I picked AK over HS was because of my own kids' preferences (13 and 6). They love Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, the Safari and the children's section at AK. The Festival of the Lion King is one of my very favorite things at WDW. It's like a mini Broadway production. Absolutely AMAZING!!!

I concur with the PP. We use to have lively family discussions at DHS (MGM)because a family member would get upset that the youngest could not do a lot. Thank goodness we are all tall enough now.

My 3 year old grandson liked Magic Kingdom the best, but there were some things he liked at both animal kindom and epcot (Nemo, Crush and spaceship earth).
Each time we didn't go to the magic kingdom he would look at me and ask "When are we taking the monorail to Mickeys house?":love:

IT really does depend on the child and how they react to things. For some kids, the MK is a really scary place! Lots of big characters and even the rides can be overwhelming. For others, it offers the most flexibility. I've yet to meet a kid who doesn't like AK!

That being said, when we took our son to WDW for the first time it was just MK and Epcot. His favorite???? Epcot!!! Now he's an adult, and Epcot is STILL his favorite place!

Magic Kingdom!! :thumbsup2 When our DD8 was 4-6 years old we spent probably 70% of our time in MK.

Here's a tip- If you find she likes Goofy's barnstomer, go during late EMH and she can ride it over & over & over &over.... :woohoo: :woohoo:

It really doesn't matter which park you go to it will still be fun!!

MK no question. When our DD was that age whenever we went to any other park she wanted to know "When are we going back to Disney?":rotfl2:

Another vote for MK here, followed by AK in terms of the 4 major parks. We've gone the last 2 years with our son who was 3 and 4 at the time, and there really wasn't much for him to do at DHS as he didn't want to see the Playhouse Disney show (he really didn't want to do any of the indoor attractions that he couldn't see first).

He did love both MK and AK, but the best days for him were at the waterparks (he loves TL and BB equally and both are great for kids that age). He also enjoyed Epcot (got to take him on Soarin' the last trip and he still talks about it everytime he smells oranges :lmao: ), however his favorite thing at Epcot by far were the little Kidcot parks (imagine how excited my DW and I were when we fly down to the World from Chicago and he wants to spend 1/2 day at Epcot going down the slides and playing around Tink's Garden :rotfl2: ). Then again, in our stays we've been at BCV, SSR, and POP and given the above you can probably guess which one he's most excited about - POP.

Like some others have said, each child is different, and you need to find the fine line between talking them into seeing an attraction you think/know they'll like and forcing them.

You also want to consider doing one of the character meals, find out who his favorite characters are and find the right meal that fits your schedule.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Mk
Epcot
AK

MK - has everything

Epcot - actually has characters in one section - so if she/he wants autographs - this might be a good choice - best yet, this place is near the Nemo ride in Living Seas.
your 4 year old might also like Journey into the Imagnations - again close.

now she might enjoy Soarin' or it might scare her - that is close too.

then would leave Epcot and go to the MK or Ak.

I will chime in with my .02 cents

Obviusly MK is the best. No question there

For a 2nd choice, I would actually go with Hollywood Studios

They have

Playhouse Disney 930am
Little Mermaid Show 10am
Beauty and the Beast 1045am
Meet n Greets 1130am
Playhouse Disney Lunch 1200pm

I may be off on the times

But there are also TONS of character meet and greets including Toy Story

Then go back to the hotel and rest

Come back for Star Wars6pm, Toy Story Mania7pm and Fantasmic Show8pm

Just an idea......

My 4 year old loves DHS :dance3:

I will chime in with my .02 cents

Obviusly MK is the best. No question there

For a 2nd choice, I would actually go with Hollywood Studios

They have

Playhouse Disney 930am
Little Mermaid Show 10am
Beauty and the Beast 1045am
Meet n Greets 1130am
Playhouse Disney Lunch 1200pm

I may be off on the times

But there are also TONS of character meet and greets including Toy Story

Then go back to the hotel and rest

Come back for Star Wars6pm, Toy Story Mania7pm and Fantasmic Show8pm

Just an idea......

My 4 year old loves DHS :dance3:

I'll agree with DHS now being #2

First thing you do in DHS, get a Toy Story Mania Fast Pass (Even in the fall last year, Fast Passes would "sell out" for the day by 11am!) Stand by would fluctuate between 60 minutes and 2 hours :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter