Bermuda updating their requirements again (Effective Aug 22nd)

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
UPDATED INFO:
Bermuda removed the 2 day before arrival sentence.

Website Link:
https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

New screenshots below:
4F7A8703-1B02-4994-80E6-D484A9E3002A.jpeg

01A88F73-4BCB-4C36-8887-656E2A351FFE.jpeg
F16FD70B-DCFF-41A4-8890-3C1153BA91AF.jpeg

Previous Info Below:
Bermuda as of August 22, 2022 has revised their requirements to sail as a cruise passenger to their island. Disney just sent out an email a few days ago and now looks like they will have to send out another one to inform us what we will have to do now.

Here is the link:
https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Here is a screenshot.
0D85878F-BE8A-4B03-BFFA-76D138BAAEA3.jpeg

Last edited:
OMG!!!! I may not get off the ship! I've done Bermuda already. They are making this soooo difficult! Travel Medical Insurance? On top of the $40 and the test needs to be taken 2 days before? That's the day we get on the ship. Talk about STRESS!

I read that as only for unvaccinated. Since DCL still requires all adults to be fully vaccinated, so it sounds like just a NAAT or supervised antigen 2 days prior to arrival. Or did I miss something?
If I am reading it correctly all the unvaccinated kids will need travel insurance now and we will have to test on our embarkation day before we get on the ship so that we are 2 days before we arrive in Bermuda per their new requirements.

If I am reading it correctly all the unvaccinated kids will need travel insurance now and we will have to test on our embarkation day before we get on the ship so that we are 2 days before we arrive in Bermuda per their new requirements.
Hmm...I took that as unvaccinated 11 and under enter on the parent's status. Since all 12+ on DCL must be vaccinated, the kids will be considered on the vaccinated status of the parent. The vaccinated parents aren't required to have insurance,, therefore neither do the kids. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

Hmm...I took that as unvaccinated 11 and under enter on the parent's status. Since all 12+ on DCL must be vaccinated, the kids will be considered on the vaccinated status of the parent. The vaccinated parents aren't required to have insurance,, therefore neither do the kids. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

You maybe right it reads weird to me. Our biggest issue since we are all vaccinated is the testing now needed to be done on our embarkation day. If Disney doesn’t help with this it will be quite difficult to complete before we get to the ship that day.

That’s how I read it, too. Maybe just because that’s what I want it to be 😉 But I think this is actually less restrictive rather than more - seems like it’s letting unvaccinated adults in?

That’s how I read it, too. Maybe just because that’s what I want it to be 😉 But I think this is actually less restrictive rather than more - seems like it’s letting unvaccinated adults in?
That's my take as well.

Thanks everyone for clarification. I am Triple vaxxes, and my daughter is double vaxxed. So we don't need the health insurance? Sorry! I am slow here. I am fighting covid that I caught on the Fantasy last week. My husband has 2 boosters and he has covid as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated travelers can take a PCR test 4 days before arrival, but vaccinated travelers have to take the test 2 days before arrival? How does that make any sense?

Unfortunately, it looks like Disney's going to have to test us all on the ship before we get to Bermuda since most people won't be testing on embarkation day.

I just re-read it. It says the test needs to be taken 2 days before embarking- not 2 days from disembarking in Bermuda. So can we use the one we get for Disney? Sorry All.... I am confused. My daughter will be upset if we can't go to Horseshoe Bay.

So, unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated travelers can take a PCR test 4 days before arrival, but vaccinated travelers have to take the test 2 days before arrival? How does that make any sense?

Unfortunately, it looks like Disney's going to have to test us all on the ship before we get to Bermuda since most people won't be testing on embarkation day.
Hopefully, disney will send an email with info for us all.

I just re-read it. It says the test needs to be taken 2 days before embarking- not 2 days from disembarking in Bermuda. So can we use the one we get for Disney? Sorry All.... I am confused. My daughter will be upset if we can't go to Horseshoe Bay.
The screenshot in the first post very clearly says "before arrival" and not "before embarking". I just checked the website and that hasn't changed.

The screenshot in the first post very clearly says "before arrival" and not "before embarking". I just checked the website and that hasn't changed.
Thanks for clarifying! My Walgreens offers a NAAT that you get results in 2 hours. They accept 4 days before for that one. I'll go on Thursday and hope that covers Monday as well. Just what we need... more stress. Disney has a money making opportunity here.... to charge s $65 for testing on the ship.

Thanks for clarifying! My Walgreens offers a NAAT that you get results in 2 hours. They accept 4 days before for that one. I'll go on Thursday and hope that cover Monday as well. Just what we need... more stress. Disney has a money making opportunity here.... to charge s $65 for testing on the ship.
The screenshot says that only unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated passengers can take the test 4 days before arriving. It says that fully vaccinated passengers must take the test 2 days before arriving.

That doesn't make any sense, so perhaps they've made an error. I think we'll have to wait and see what happens on August 22 when the new rules take effect.

If we have to test on the ship, then Disney probably won't charge us, but it'll be very inconvenient.

The screenshot says that only unvaccinated and not fully vaccinated passengers can take the test 4 days before arriving. It says that fully vaccinated passengers must take the test 2 days before arriving.

That doesn't make any sense, so perhaps they've made an error. I think we'll have to wait and see what happens on August 22 when the new rules take effect.

If we have to test on the ship, then Disney probably won't charge us, but it'll be very inconvenient.
Geez... I keep reading it wrong. COVID-head. I am sure Disney will advise... let's see....

I think the NAAT will be OK on Thurs...

Cruise voyages that take 4 days or less to get to Bermuda from embarkation port:

Fully vaccinated passengers may take either a COVID-19 NAAT (PCR, LAMP or TMA) test no more than 4 days before embarkation, or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before embarkation.

Cruise voyages that take 4 days or less to get to Bermuda from embarkation port:

Fully vaccinated passengers may take either a COVID-19 NAAT (PCR, LAMP or TMA) test no more than 4 days before embarkation, or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before embarkation.
I've been on the fence about booking VGT on the 10/26 cruise and this new announcement almost killed the desire but your post just revived it...lol

I think that was the June 3rd rules. The August 22nd change would override, right?

Fully vaccinated passengers must take either a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 2 days before arrival, or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before arrival.

That’s how I read it as well, the 6/3 update clearly says embarkation and has the table of requirements needed. The 8/22 update says arrival and no table of requirements. I personally feel like it may have been an oversight since they loosened the requirements by allowing unvaccinated passengers but we definitely need clarification from Bermuda gov as I don’t think DCL will have much info right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter