Ben and Jerry's Says to Store Ice Cream Upside Down?

Well that leaves Ben n Jerry's out. It has quite a bit more than that in it.

That $16 a half gallon Ben And Jerry's has much better guar Gum and carrageenan in it. Not like that cheap guar gum and carrageenan.

That's why I only buy Haagen Dazs. Unless, of course, I want one of the crazy B&J's flavors full of baked goods and stuff.

I like Turkey Hill for 1/2 gallons, but we do get Ben & Jerry's occasionally for the crazy flavors.

The OP's article says the theory behind storing ice cream up-side down is that ice crystals will form in the lid instead of on the ice cream. I think a better solution is to not leave the ice cream out so long that it starts melting. When ice cream is first made, they use a churn that stirs the mixture while cooling it to prevent the formation of ice crystals. If it melts and then refreezes, ice crystals will form.

Most annoying now is buying ice cream and only after scooping it out at home realizing it says 'frozen dessert'. OC it's a frozen dessert... it is sweet and ice cold. This should be illegal! I wanted ice creams T.T

Most annoying now is buying ice cream and only after scooping it out at home realizing it says 'frozen dessert'. OC it's a frozen dessert... it is sweet and ice cold. This should be illegal! I wanted ice creams T.T

Yeah, it can't be called ice cream unless it has a certain minimum butterfat percentage. That's why I don't mess with the cheap stuff. Premium or nothing for me. I'm not wasting calories on bad ice cream.

But some of us can't (or don't) eat the real stuff.
I have some yummy frozen dessert in my freezer right now - Planet Oat Coffee Fudge Swirl.

But some of us can't (or don't) eat the real stuff.
I have some yummy frozen dessert in my freezer right now - Planet Oat Coffee Fudge Swirl.

I don't mind they exist. Just seems like they keep changing flavors that were traditionally ice cream into frozen dessert and mixed them all up together now when they used to be on separate shelves. It's a conspiracy I tell you 😆 They're tricking everybody to save $.03 per gallon.

They shouldn't illegally mix them in the regular ice creams' area

My stores don't even HAVE a regular ice cream section anymore. Stuff is grouped by brand and every brand seems to have the full gamut of "frozen dairy dessert" options, from sorbet to alternative milk to premium ice cream to alcohol infused ice cream and Popsicles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter