Bazinga! It was LEGEN-wait for it-DARY COMPLETED

Now, I have done the walk from HS to BC twice, both at night. I haven't gone by the way of the Boardwalk- we usually cross over before we get there, but I had heard that there was a shortcut through the BW pool area.

I love the towel stingray in your room.

There's a super-secret entrance to the Beach Club?!? :rotfl: ;)

Beautiful photography amanda!....even if one was of a clown. :rolleyes:

:rotfl:

I love the super secret entrance but am :scared1: that DEE doesn't know where it is!

When we were there last May it was hidden by scaffolding but it is a killer shortcut.

That clown creeps me out. I still want to stay at BWV to check it out live (and hope to in Oct) but my family is pretty anti creepy clown, even though the location is killer.

Interesting about the soda, I do think we got some there once but for the life of me can't recall.

Oh wait, I TRIED to. We were on the segmented dining plan, before they nixed it and I went to get my mug since we were doing deluxe for one day. However my credits didn't show, they wouldn't give me the mug and I was mortified holding up the entire bakery line.

Once I got it fixed back at the BC, I ended up with double credits that never seemed to go down, including an extra mug!

If they did that to others, they probably lost their shirts on the segmented ideal. :rotfl:

That Mojito looks very tasty!

I love the super secret entrance but am :scared1: that DEE doesn't know where it is!

When we were there last May it was hidden by scaffolding but it is a killer shortcut.

That clown creeps me out. I still want to stay at BWV to check it out live (and hope to in Oct) but my family is pretty anti creepy clown, even though the location is killer.

Interesting about the soda, I do think we got some there once but for the life of me can't recall.

Oh wait, I TRIED to. We were on the segmented dining plan, before they nixed it and I went to get my mug since we were doing deluxe for one day. However my credits didn't show, they wouldn't give me the mug and I was mortified holding up the entire bakery line.

Once I got it fixed back at the BC, I ended up with double credits that never seemed to go down, including an extra mug!

If they did that to others, they probably lost their shirts on the segmented ideal. :rotfl:

Sorry about that Cynthia!

I was kidding of course, although I didn't know about the Super Secret Entrance until my last trip to the Beach Club. There is now a photo spread of the entrance in the BC FAQ thread, so I guess it is not-so-secret anymore!

The segmented dining plan sounds like a major flop!

Now, I have done the walk from HS to BC twice, both at night. I haven't gone by the way of the Boardwalk- we usually cross over before we get there, but I had heard that there was a shortcut through the BW pool area.

I love the towel stingray in your room.

There's a super-secret entrance to the Beach Club?!? :rotfl: ;)

You are too funny, Dee! I don't know what drew me to stay over there and look at that slide, but I am glad that I did!

Beautiful photography amanda!....even if one was of a clown. :rolleyes:

:rotfl:

Thanks, Legomom!

Segmented dining plan? That sounds kind of interesting. I promise, be glad you did not have the soda over there. I hoped it was an off day, but later I found that not to be the case.

The Mojito was very tasty.

Sorry about that Cynthia!

I was kidding of course, although I didn't know about the Super Secret Entrance until my last trip to the Beach Club. There is now a photo spread of the entrance in the BC FAQ thread, so I guess it is not-so-secret anymore!

The segmented dining plan sounds like a major flop!

Ha ha, I guess it's not a well-kept secret!

Shortly after returning to the room, we were off again. I have to recommend this to anyone on a trip: if you plan to do a go-go-go day like the one we had, a lunch reservation is your best bet for a rest. Before long, we were marching down Main Street, USA:

June_08_2011_00001067.jpg

I have no clue what Sheldon is looking at!

June_08_2011_00001069.jpg

In front of Crystal Palace.

We turned left, and headed toward Adventureland and Pirates of the Caribbean.

June_08_2011_00001070.jpg

A little crowded through here!

June_08_2011_00001072.jpg

Yo Ho Yo HO!

After riding Pirates for probably the millionth time in our lives, for some reason which I am still not sure of, we walked through Liberty Square and to Fantasyland. Perhaps we were going to the Haunted Mansion. And maybe we rode it. For some reason, my notes on this night are sketchy. I think I was getting a wee bit tired. Either way, I captured some pretty pictures of the back side of the castle (Cinderella's Royal Table)

June_08_2011_00001075.jpg

I wonder if anyone saw me outside. . .

Whatever was going on, I know we had dinner at Cosmic Ray's. The girls and I got dinner over at the chicken bay. Sheldon and Dan got theirs at the burger area.

And Sheldon ate a hot dog.

For the next half an hour after dinner, Sheldon was ill. It immediately started after he ate. As we were waiting for the parade, Dan took Sheldon back to the bathroom three to six times. All the while, everyone and their brother was trying to take over the area we had reserved for the parade.

Few things upset me in Disney, but this is where my rant begins. When I am waiting for a parade at the hub in Magic Kingdom, I know that I should stake out a spot at least 1.5 hours ahead of time. As a result I do so. I was smart enough to read before I spent thousands of dollars on a trip. Do not, I repeat, do not try to jump in at the last moment!!! I will move back so a child can stand in front of me. I promise. But just because you have children in tow does not give you permission to step out in front of me. Next time, read.

And my holding two spots since my child is not feeling well should not be a problem to anyone, either. Sheldon had a stomach ache. He had no fever. He was not throwing up. And his response to me?

"Mama, next time I see a little green on a hot dog, I won't eat it, Okay?"

Good plan, kid, good plan.

So, as the sun is coming down, I am fighting a bit for my spot (but winning, mind you). I started taking pictures of the castle and these are some of my favorites I leave you with:

June_08_2011_00001077.jpg

Coming from Cosmic Ray's

June_08_2011_00001082.jpg

At our spot

June_08_2011_00001088.jpg

You can tell he's not feeling great

June_08_2011_00001099.jpg

Lights going down

June_08_2011_00001102.jpg

It's about that time!

Coming up: Not my favorite, but it will do.

The last time I staked out a spot for something at the MK, it was up on the train station balcony to watch SpectroMagic. I was there over an hour prior to the start, and there were only like 2 other people already up there when I arrived. I'm telling you I had to fight for my spot at the railing!!! I was alone - no kids with me - so I stood my ground. It's amazing how we planners are supposed to concede to those who didn't plan one iota. Just.....ugh!

I don't even wanna know about "green" on a hotdog.....:scared1:

:sick:

I'm glad he came out ok....that could have been a LOT worse!!

Beautiful pictures of the castle!!!

My family doesn't "do" parades or fireworks :sad1: so I haven't had to attempt the stakeout. Even so, I know that people are unbelievably, incomprehensibly, RUDE! Sorry you had to deal with that on top of having a sick son.

The last time I staked out a spot for something at the MK, it was up on the train station balcony to watch SpectroMagic. I was there over an hour prior to the start, and there were only like 2 other people already up there when I arrived. I'm telling you I had to fight for my spot at the railing!!! I was alone - no kids with me - so I stood my ground. It's amazing how we planners are supposed to concede to those who didn't plan one iota. Just.....ugh!

I don't even wanna know about "green" on a hotdog.....:scared1:

:sick:

I'm glad he came out ok....that could have been a LOT worse!!

I don't understand why people feel like they should be able to walk right up and take your spot! And you know, that's where I plan to watch the parade next--right up there at the railing. I have a monopod this year, so I think it'll be easier for me to move around with my camera. I think people tend to have more a problem with my camera equipment than anything else.

I'm glad he felt better, but if I remember correctly, he was still up and down most of the night.

Beautiful pictures of the castle!!!

My family doesn't "do" parades or fireworks :sad1: so I haven't had to attempt the stakeout. Even so, I know that people are unbelievably, incomprehensibly, RUDE! Sorry you had to deal with that on top of having a sick son.

Thanks, Dee! I don't understand the need to take up a spot that a person has obviously been staking out! I had my camera and all there, so I promise, they knew I had been there for some amount of time. And of course, they appeared to not understand English at first, yet turned and spoke fluent English to the people they were with. In this case, a castmember finally had to tell them that we had been there for a long time waiting.

I don't understand why people feel like they should be able to walk right up and take your spot! And you know, that's where I plan to watch the parade next--right up there at the railing. I have a monopod this year, so I think it'll be easier for me to move around with my camera. I think people tend to have more a problem with my camera equipment than anything else.

I'm glad he felt better, but if I remember correctly, he was still up and down most of the night.

Thanks, Dee! I don't understand the need to take up a spot that a person has obviously been staking out! I had my camera and all there, so I promise, they knew I had been there for some amount of time. And of course, they appeared to not understand English at first, yet turned and spoke fluent English to the people they were with. In this case, a castmember finally had to tell them that we had been there for a long time waiting.

Well good for them!!! That's encouraging to hear. Glad they took notice and stood up for you.

I love the Spectromagic Parade. Really, really love it. I know there are people who do not share my sentiment. That's okay. Different strokes and all that. The Main Street Electrical Parade is all right. It's not my favorite. It's not the same. But it will do. There are some beautiful floats, and I think more than anything, that's what I remember and can share:

June_08_2011_00001118.jpg

June_08_2011_00001122.jpg

June_08_2011_00001131.jpg

June_08_2011_00001143.jpg

June_08_2011_00001159.jpg

June_08_2011_00001183.jpg

June_08_2011_00001187.jpg

June_08_2011_00001199.jpg

So after that, on to the Magic, the Memories, and You. I'll admit, I was among those skeptical about this particular show, but I have to say, I was impressed by it!

June_08_2011_00001219.jpg

June_08_2011_00001221.jpg

June_08_2011_00001231.jpg

After all of that, I was really excited for the coming fireworks. I love Wishes! (continued)

I love Wishes. And like with the parade, I would rather the pictures do the talking. . .

June_08_2011_00001255.jpg

June_08_2011_00001278.jpg

June_08_2011_00001293.jpg

June_08_2011_00001311.jpg

June_08_2011_00001354.jpg

June_08_2011_00001387.jpg

June_08_2011_00001397.jpg

June_08_2011_00001411.jpg

As the smoke settled, I took it all in, getting a couple of shots of Tomorrowland on my way out:

June_08_2011_00001419.jpg

And the monorail while walking to the final destination--my bus back home.

June_08_2011_00001429.jpg

June_08_2011_00001430.jpg

What an awesome day this was! And although we were tired, I was ready for what would come the next day.

Coming up. . .Soarin' Stampede

I met my first ever Diser/TourGuideMiker at a Soarin' Stampede. It honestly was great to put a face with the name there. And it makes for a great memory. So this morning, when we were going into Epcot, I knew our first stop would again be Soarin.

Of course, being at the Beach Club, the path into Epcot is significantly different, but it is a good different. I have to say, I will miss going into Epcot like this. Our next family trip will definitely be to another Epcot-area resort.

June_08_2011_00001433.jpg

The family at the lead.

June_08_2011_00001435.jpg

I'll visit the Ministry of Magic Some other time.

June_08_2011_00001436.jpg

I often wonder if I can hire my own Disney landscaper for my home

June_08_2011_00001438.jpg

The Tronorail!

June_08_2011_00001443.jpg

This is June, right? Where are all the people?!?​

It was not long until we had gone through Soarin. I did not take pictures of the stampede and all that day. My family seemed surprised I put the camera up. I know we rode it and pulled a fastpass for later. We headed over to the Seas with Nemo and Friends from there.

June_08_2011_00001459.jpg

June_08_2011_00001462.jpg

I love these birds--Mine!

June_08_2011_00001463.jpg

This is perhaps one of my favorite angles of Spaceship Earth!

We were able to catch one of the informational sessions at the Seas regarding I believe the manatee. It was very interesting. The kids loved it!

June_08_2011_00001473.jpg

June_08_2011_00001474.jpg

I guess that confirms it

June_08_2011_00001476.jpg

Manatee with his lettuce

Coming out, we were awed how beautiful the day was!

June_08_2011_00001477.jpg

We also could pull another fastpass by then, so we got one for here:

June_08_2011_00001480.jpg

We were on our way back to Soarin, but he had a pit stop to make (no pun intended):

June_08_2011_00001482.jpg

June_08_2011_00001483.jpg

Boo gives a thumbs up on whatever she is drinking.

June_08_2011_00001486.jpg

Oh, NO!

June_08_2011_00001488.jpg

That didn't take long!

After this, we rode Soarin and headed for the World Showcase. I know, the most obvious place to start would have been Canada, but I just cannot move Counter Clockwise in the morning. (Call it OCD). Coming up: The World Showcase and What Are you Doing to that Troll?

OK, had to come back to this post:

I just came back from a few days in Puerto Rico with my husband (AND NO KIDS) to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Such a nice time, but I have a similar story to your parade tale. I had booked a window seat for our flight Thursday afternoon and when Mark and I boarded, there was a woman sitting there. I said that's my seat. She looked at me, smiled and said "I no speak English". I pointed to the seat and then to me and she just smiled and shook her head. I was going to either talk to the flight attendant or stick my camera in the window when we took off, but she got up for the bathroom a few minutes later so I took the seat. I handed over her bag when she got back and she never said a word.

Later in the flight she told the flight attendant "I'll have a Sprite" in perfect English!

What fantastic parade, Memories and Wishes photos!!! Glad you were able to hold your ground with that awesome spot!

:lmao: on the Ministry of Magic comment. Gonna have to steal that one :rolleyes1

What a perfect morning so far at EPCOT! Was this regular opening time or EMH?

I'm very much enjoying your TR; thanks for sharing! Beach Club is on the top of my wish list of places I'd love to stay and I've enjoyed hearing about how awesome and convient it was. Can't wait to hear more about your trip! :)

Checking in to say that I'm still with ya and LOVING the photos as always! I'm particularly envious of the fireworks shots.....my camera has a so-called fireworks "setting" but they never come out like that. I'm also impressed with the "Memories" thing on the castle -- what a gorgeous palette of colors on there!! Wow.

Loving the pictures, really great fireworks shots!!!! And worth holding that spot for, for sure.

Nice morning at Epcot. Sometimes putting away the camera is a very very good thing!

OK, had to come back to this post:

I just came back from a few days in Puerto Rico with my husband (AND NO KIDS) to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Such a nice time, but I have a similar story to your parade tale. I had booked a window seat for our flight Thursday afternoon and when Mark and I boarded, there was a woman sitting there. I said that's my seat. She looked at me, smiled and said "I no speak English". I pointed to the seat and then to me and she just smiled and shook her head. I was going to either talk to the flight attendant or stick my camera in the window when we took off, but she got up for the bathroom a few minutes later so I took the seat. I handed over her bag when she got back and she never said a word.

Later in the flight she told the flight attendant "I'll have a Sprite" in perfect English!

First of all, I'm super jealous of you spending that time without kiddos!

Second, I am not surprised in the least about what happened to ya'll. It seems to happen too often and it's a taboo subject on the Disboards.

What fantastic parade, Memories and Wishes photos!!! Glad you were able to hold your ground with that awesome spot!

:lmao: on the Ministry of Magic comment. Gonna have to steal that one :rolleyes1

What a perfect morning so far at EPCOT! Was this regular opening time or EMH?

This was, believe it or not, regular opening. I look at the pictures now and I am still shocked!

And as always, you are welcome to anything on my reports! :goodvibes

I'm very much enjoying your TR; thanks for sharing! Beach Club is on the top of my wish list of places I'd love to stay and I've enjoyed hearing about how awesome and convient it was. Can't wait to hear more about your trip! :)

:welcome: The Beach Club was awesome! It's not some place our family would regularly be able to visit, but it certainly is affordable with a % off like we had.

Checking in to say that I'm still with ya and LOVING the photos as always! I'm particularly envious of the fireworks shots.....my camera has a so-called fireworks "setting" but they never come out like that. I'm also impressed with the "Memories" thing on the castle -- what a gorgeous palette of colors on there!! Wow.

I was skeptical of the Memories thing, but I liked it.

You are too kind about my pictures. The trick is to play around with the shutter speed and aperture and have a tripod.

Loving the pictures, really great fireworks shots!!!! And worth holding that spot for, for sure.

Nice morning at Epcot. Sometimes putting away the camera is a very very good thing!

It so is a good thing. Thank you so much, Cynthia!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter