Bazinga! It was LEGEN-wait for it-DARY COMPLETED

Nice to see you back updating. :goodvibes Sometimes life just gets in the way.

Haunted Mansion and Pirates are those "Disney" rides for me. They just bring me back, I love those memories.

I love your description about how riding Pirates brings you back to your first introduction to Disney. I think Spaceship Earth is the ride like for me.

I've been reading your report. We were there some of the same days. My DS5 loved the Haunted Mansion. That will probably be his thing that always takes him back. Thanks for sharing your memories!

I'm still here, too! Pirates of the Caribbean has some great memories for me, too. It's such a fun ride!

Thanks, to all of you for sticking with me. I fully intend to finish this trip report. I'll certainly need to speed through the first full day soon!

Nice to see you back updating. :goodvibes Sometimes life just gets in the way.

Haunted Mansion and Pirates are those "Disney" rides for me. They just bring me back, I love those memories.

I so agree!

So glad you are writing again!

I know exactly that Disney feeling!!!

THanks!

I love your description about how riding Pirates brings you back to your first introduction to Disney. I think Spaceship Earth is the ride like for me.

Lots of people have "that ride."

I've been reading your report. We were there some of the same days. My DS5 loved the Haunted Mansion. That will probably be his thing that always takes him back. Thanks for sharing your memories!

HM is so wonderful! It's the one ride that I could ride a million times and discover something new each time!

I love this report so far! We were there during the same exact week at OKW :goodvibes

Wow! That's awesome!

Your title hooked me - I'm in for the duration. Disboards high-five!

:thumbsup2

Niiiiice.

Awesome!

I'm still here, too! Pirates of the Caribbean has some great memories for me, too. It's such a fun ride!

:goodvibes

So the last time I was here over a month ago, we went back to the room to take a much-deserved nap. And nap we did. Those beds at the Beach Club were absolutely heavenly! When we finally got up and I cleared the crud from my eyes, I double checked the dinner reservations for the night: Kona Cafe! :banana:

I fell in love with this place the year before--great food, great service, and the Lapu Lapu, of course.

Now, the most direct route to the Polynesian would be the bus to MK, followed by the monorail. For some reason, however, I wasn't feeling that method.

So, I convinced my poor, dear husband that the most interesting route would be through here:

June_05_2011_157.jpg

Is that a big golf ball in the sky?

Yes, my poor, dear husband was forced to walk all the way through the World showcase to the monorail. Hey, I needed to verify that the park hoppers worked, didn't I? :rolleyes1

Anywho, we took a quick walk through Epcot, where I hurriedly snapped photos in the World Showcase

June_05_2011_166.jpg

June_05_2011_168.jpg

For some reason, dh would not do the sombrero picture again. . .I wonder why.

June_05_2011_169.jpg

I thought the Cars2 topiaries were so cool!

June_05_2011_177.jpg

June_05_2011_181.jpg

We stopped off in Club Cool for some refreshment on a hot day!

Photo0476FourBySix.jpg

I convinced my family to stop for the common photoop!

So, after our flying through Epcot, we caught the monorail to TTC and then the Poly. We went over to the gift shop on the second floor because Kona was not open yet, and my kids witnessed something that my daughter still gets upset about. There was a parent that told a kid not to touch anything. The kid had to be 3 or 4. And being that age, you know what the kid did. All of the sudden out of the blue, we heard a loud crack!

I thought the kid had received a swat on the behind, but immediately, my kids came up to me crying. The man had slapped the child across his face. :mad::sad2: I would have called someone at that point, but he was gone before I could do anything. The kids still talk about that experience, and I'm glad they understand that the man was wrong, but I would still like to have at him myself.

Anyway, soon after, we just went over to Kona to check in, where we were seated almost immediately.

The meal was delicious as ever, but I was so happy to have this:

June_05_2011_182.jpg

Oh, where have you been all of my life?

Dis friends, you should know that I am actually allergic to pineapple. I get a rash and I know I should not have it, but I can't turn it down. I take an Epi-pen to protect myself. I think next year I'll have a different drink, because until recently only fresh pineapple caused problems, but I noticed recently I had a small rash after canned pineapple. I'm sure there is another drink I can try.

Boo convinced her brother to give her his dessert from his meal credit--we learned quickly that our 10 year old should still be a Disney child:

June_05_2011_188.jpg

You can look, Mama, but you can't have it! This is my Kona Kone!

Having finished dinner, we headed to:

June_05_2011_189.jpg

So the question of the year: did we head right or left? Tomorrowland or Adventureland? How were we feeling that night? Only time will tell!

Coming up. . .De'Ja-Vu

Love the way you have packed the fun into your first day! Kona is one of our favorites, too. Both breakfast and dinner. This is where we went this summer when we were at MK for one day only - Kona was a delicious and enjoyable park-break.

Before I read the title of your next chapter, I thought perhaps you were headed to a couple of mountains. I don't recall whether you left the park this morning with a FP or two...

Pirates and Haunted Mansion are my guesses. Everything else is going to have unbearable lines, me thinks. You may be able to squeeze in Buzz Lightyear and People Mover if you play your cards right.

subscribing. Going June 2012 so I'm just excited to SEE crowds in your pics & to see how hot yall might be. :rotfl: Great trip so far. Keep writing! :thumbsup2

Love the way you have packed the fun into your first day! Kona is one of our favorites, too. Both breakfast and dinner. This is where we went this summer when we were at MK for one day only - Kona was a delicious and enjoyable park-break.

Before I read the title of your next chapter, I thought perhaps you were headed to a couple of mountains. I don't recall whether you left the park this morning with a FP or two...

Pirates and Haunted Mansion are my guesses. Everything else is going to have unbearable lines, me thinks. You may be able to squeeze in Buzz Lightyear and People Mover if you play your cards right.

If I remember correctly, we did have some fastpasses. I think Kona Cafe is a hidden gem, along with Grand Floridian Cafe.

subscribing. Going June 2012 so I'm just excited to SEE crowds in your pics & to see how hot yall might be. :rotfl: Great trip so far. Keep writing! :thumbsup2

I don't personally see any huge deal with summer crowds. This coming summer will be the third summer we have been to Disney during early June. I've been Christmas, July 4th, late January, and October. This is my favorite time.

Walking back into the Magic Kingdom, I was clicking photograph after photograph. The first cool picture I found to take was this one:

June_05_2011_196.jpg

The reflection is almost as good as the real thing.

Before long, we did something we did last summer in the afternoon and it was awesome: we went under here:

June_05_2011_198.jpg

Warning, the catchy music can become very annoying if you're driving around playing it!

Of, course, when I come back in, I have to go to round 2 of Pirates!

June_05_2011_204.jpg

Do you know how long it took before I noticed that was there? Probably three visits to Disney World!

After this, we used a fastpass we had gathered earlier. I am sure I said nothing about it, but it is obviously a favorite for us--another magic of Disney Imagineering:

June_05_2011_209.jpg

My-o-my what a wonderful day indeed!

As we walked back around through Fantasyland, something caught our eye and we had to try it, if only once:

June_05_2011_210.jpg

So it wasn't really Winds-day. No matter.

We went through the new queue, which was adorable:

June_05_2011_214.jpg

I'm ready for my close-up, Mama.

June_05_2011_243.jpg

Hey, is that Michael Jordan's great grand-something or another?

June_05_2011_267.jpg

Ah, a fountain of hunny!

SO a bouncy ride later, and we wandered over to the Teacups!

June_05_2011_271.jpg

I love this ride, and I don't have any great reason why!

From there, no visit in the Twilight would be complete without the People Mover!

June_05_2011_280.jpg

What part of the future is this supposed to be?

June_05_2011_286.jpg

My favorite Magic Kingdom Mountain!

When we left the People Mover, we finally settled in for the Fireworks.

June_05_2011_289.jpg

A skeptic at first about The Magic, the Memories, and You show, I decided I liked it after all.

June_05_2011_298.jpg

Since I have pictures of roses, this has to be the time we sat on that rose garden pathway for the fireworks. At some point, we lost Dan, Boo, and Sheldon and it was just Sweetie and me.

June_05_2011_310.jpg

It's blurry, but I can tell you from watching through my lens. . .Tinkerbell is indeed a dude.

June_05_2011_332.jpg

These would have been okay with out the flowers and with my tripod.

June_05_2011_351.jpg

How silly is it I can look at this and here the music from Fantasia right now?

June_05_2011_400.jpg

Copious amounts of white balls of light!

Before long, it was time to leave. We braved the crowds leaving:

June_05_2011_414.jpg

How many people can walk down Main Street, USA at the same time?

Of course, though, I had to look back:

June_05_2011_416.jpg

It's a good thing it's not a Lot's wife thing. Although if I were stuck as a pillar of salt, this would be an okay place. . .until I was washed away, of course.

We caught our bus back to the Beach Club and settled in. It turns our that Dan and the other two watched the fireworks from outside of the park and we arrived back at the resort not long after them.

Sleeping on those beds was heaven, and I was excited for the next day!

So after a late night, we rose early the next morning. The light of a new morning was streaming in through the open cracks in the curtains. I stepped a couple of feet from me bed to look out:

June_06_2011_419.jpg

What a view!

June_06_2011_421.jpg

The Yacht Club is ready for its close up

June_06_2011_422.jpg

A beautiful courtyard.

We left the room early for breakfast in the Solarium and then walked doen the super secret pathway to here:

June_06_2011_431.jpg

Welcome, to the empty World Showcase!

It wasn't long until we were walking through the back side of the World Showcase. The best part of this walk is that usually when we are in the World Showcase, it is packed with people. In this case, I saw the World Showcase almost empty:

June_06_2011_439.jpg

June_06_2011_445.jpg

June_06_2011_446.jpg

June_06_2011_451.jpg

It was so nice walking through without a lot of people to bump into.

We walked towards Spaceship Earth, with still only a few people in front of us:

June_06_2011_466.jpg

Oh, what a beautiful morning!

And then, we were at rope drop:

June_06_2011_474.jpg

I see Minnie!

We were close to the front of the line of people going here:

June_06_2011_478.jpg

And the cattle herding commences. What never ceases to amaze me is people try to cut off and go through that left door and argue with CastMembers! Believe me, I understand the method to their madness!

June_06_2011_479.jpg

We were like the third family in Soarin!

So, we leave Soarin and head for Test Track to get fastpasses. We score good ones, without getting behind a tour group that day! So now, we had the day ahead of us, obtaining and doing what we needed. What was next?

Amazing pictures, once again. And great captions, too! I love both with the castle/mainstreet picture and the Lot's wife comment! :rotfl:

Good choices for your return to MK that night.

The picture of the castle reflection is really neat, too. You see a lot of photos with the object AND reflection, but not many with just the reflection.

Next morning- so far so good.

That is an awesome view from your room. Do you mind sharing the room number?

Yeah for the super-secret pathway and an empty World Showcase. I love the pictures of UK and Canada without any people in them!

Soarin and Test Track FP. Next stop: Mission Space?

Amazing pictures, once again. And great captions, too! I love both with the castle/mainstreet picture and the Lot's wife comment! :rotfl:

Good choices for your return to MK that night.

The picture of the castle reflection is really neat, too. You see a lot of photos with the object AND reflection, but not many with just the reflection.

Next morning- so far so good.

That is an awesome view from your room. Do you mind sharing the room number?

Yeah for the super-secret pathway and an empty World Showcase. I love the pictures of UK and Canada without any people in them!

Soarin and Test Track FP. Next stop: Mission Space?

Thanks, Dee. I'll caution you about that picture of the Yacht Club--my camera was zoomed to the max. But the room number was 2575. It is booked as a Garden View room, but as you can see, it is a lot more than a typical Garden View. It was absolutely beautiful and as always, you are free to snag whatever you need. And am I too predictable in my touring?

Catching up! Love it! You crack me up. :goodvibes

Thanks! I try to be less verbose and hit the highlights with pictures. I've read too many TRs where all I'd rather see was the pictures.

Thanks, Dee. I'll caution you about that picture of the Yacht Club--my camera was zoomed to the max. But the room number was 2575. It is booked as a Garden View room, but as you can see, it is a lot more than a typical Garden View. It was absolutely beautiful and as always, you are free to snag whatever you need. And am I too predictable in my touring?

Still- great view, zoomed or not!

I wouldn't say you are too predictible- I think your touring is SMART! I knew when you hit Peter Pan first thing, that our touring styles are very similar. I answer your "What did we do next" with WWDD- What would Dee do?

And you seem to be making the moves I would make.

But I don't know your family well enough to figure out if you hit Spaceship Earth or Nemo and Friends after that (for the record, we would visit SE if the lines were not too long). Or is Sum of All Thrills open yet???

I'm a huge fan of Big Bang Theory, so your title reeled me in. Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter