Bazinga! It was LEGEN-wait for it-DARY COMPLETED

It had come to the part of the trip to the Lego Store that is my least favorite--that point in time when we exchange hard earned money for little bits of plastic. When the fruits of hours worth of teaching children were transformed into a Ziploc bag filled 1/4 of the way with toys.

I hate paying for stuff.

I love shopping. I love bringing it home, looking at it, playing with it, etc.

I hate parting with cash. So instead of standing in line, I left Dan there with Sheldon and took the girls over to my personal favorite store in the whole wide world:

June_04_2011_032.jpg

AH. . .Everything Disney in one store? Yeah, this is my dream.

And what did I buy there?

Nada.

Three weeks later, I can't believe it myself. I walked into World of Disney, spent half an hour in there, and walked out empty-handed.

*insert jaw drop here*

No matter.

When we walked out of World of Disney, rather than take the--what I consider--front entrance, we took the side entrance, which is on the opposite side of the Lego Store.

June_04_2011_055.jpg

Amanda's exhibit 1--the exit from which we exited

As we walk out, Sheldon raises the question, "What's that SMELL?"

Only my other favorite store in the world:

June_04_2011_054.jpg

We ladies are suckers for good smelling stuff. . .

We walked over to the one place Sweetie was determined to spend money, with only one thought on my mind: soap with Mickey Mouse heads. Facebook friends will note that in March, I lamented that I only had this one left:

IMAG0101.jpg

Ah, how lonely you were, my Mickey Head soap.​

As a matter of fact, this soap is only purchaseable at a Disney resort.

Sheldon, who asked the question, "What's that smell?" spends the last of his spending money on bath bombs. Maybe that will help with his various and sundry smells. . . .

Maybe not.

After leaving Basin, we all went back to the room. We swam for some time in the quiet pool, and then finally turned in by 9pm. We had an exciting morning coming up and didn't want to sleep too late. After all, the Beach Club was waiting for us!

Coming up: ONLY ONE ROOM REQUEST

Sheldon, who asked the question, "What's that smell?" spends the last of his spending money on bath bombs.

We had an exciting morning coming up and didn't want to sleep too late. After all, the Beach Club was waiting for us!

Um, you haven't even spent your first full day at Disney and the boy is out of spending money???

Actually the Lego store is really the only place my boys get souvenirs.

Except for the rifles at Adventureland. I have a tip for getting those home too- you can ship right from the point of sale. We were told that we wouldn't have to pay the Florida sales tax if we shipped direct to home and that goes a long way in covering the shipping cost.

Looking forward to your next update. Thanks for the heads up!

Of course I find that funny. I live with three men. All I have left is fart humor and Three Stooges like behavior.

I'm glad the smelly smell was something that smelled pur-dee. I know what you mean about WoD. I've walked out of there empty handed as well, sometimes...dare I say...you just aren't feeling it.

But Basin.

Gets me every time. ;)

Basin...how I love that store too! I have every intention of stocking up next trip! I still can't believe you left WoD store with nothing:eek:

At least it was a NICE smell. :rotfl2:

I love buying things but hate parting with the money too, it's very difficult sometimes. :laughing:

I need to go to Basin on my next trip, I love the Dr. Pepper soap they have, I hope they will have it again when I go.

The Mickeyhead soap is beautiful. I'll have to remember that if we decided to go to DTD this time. That's a unique souvenir if I've ever seen one. Would also make a cute gift fro someone you need to buy a little something for, but isn't all that into Disney. :thumbsup2

Um, you haven't even spent your first full day at Disney and the boy is out of spending money???

Actually the Lego store is really the only place my boys get souvenirs.

Except for the rifles at Adventureland. I have a tip for getting those home too- you can ship right from the point of sale. We were told that we wouldn't have to pay the Florida sales tax if we shipped direct to home and that goes a long way in covering the shipping cost.

Looking forward to your next update. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, he was already out of money. WHich became a problem as he asked over and over for stuff and we told him no. He wanted a rifle in Adventureland outside of Piraes. I think we finally did get him something for being a good boy, but boy did he have to work for it!

Of course I find that funny. I live with three men. All I have left is fart humor and Three Stooges like behavior.

I'm glad the smelly smell was something that smelled pur-dee. I know what you mean about WoD. I've walked out of there empty handed as well, sometimes...dare I say...you just aren't feeling it.

But Basin.

Gets me every time. ;)

LOL, the boys have some fart humor I just don't get.

As far as WOD goes, I did find something I liked, but bought it elsewhere (I'm thinking Magic Kingdom). It's the shirt I'm wearing in my Facebook profile picture.

Love Basin, though. No, I did not leave there empty handed.

Basin...how I love that store too! I have every intention of stocking up next trip! I still can't believe you left WoD store with nothing:eek:

I'm looking at my bath bombs right now rather wistfully. Do I use them or save them? And if I do save them, whatever for?

At least it was a NICE smell. :rotfl2:

I love buying things but hate parting with the money too, it's very difficult sometimes. :laughing:

I need to go to Basin on my next trip, I love the Dr. Pepper soap they have, I hope they will have it again when I go.

They had the Dr. Pepper soap a couple of weeks ago.

I realized you can get the whole slab of soap for like $60. That will be my next purchase down there.

The Mickeyhead soap is beautiful. I'll have to remember that if we decided to go to DTD this time. That's a unique souvenir if I've ever seen one. Would also make a cute gift fro someone you need to buy a little something for, but isn't all that into Disney. :thumbsup2

Thanks, I love it. There are a few different scents and colors, and you usually find that particular soap at the registers.

I never would have thought to get the whole slab, wow! That is awesome and doesn't seem too badly priced for the whole slab.

I confess, I walked in to both Basin and WOD and left empty handed this trip. Like you though I did get something I saw at WOD elsewhere, Mousegears I think. For me I want to get that Visa discount so wait until I find enough stuff to make it work. or not. On that trip, with only one thing at WOD I really wanted, it wasn't worth it.

Ah, boys spending all their money on the first day. I know that saga well. Very cute that he bought some bath bombs. A boy after Evan's heart. On my girls F&G trip I brought Evan back a bar of handmade soap from the WS (two for me, one for him lol, it was $3 for $10) and he loved it. The girls thought it was funny a 12 year old boy would like good soap...but he does.

Reminds me to go look online at ordering some of what I bought, I really liked it! Mickey Head soap is perfect for the powder room. Not so practical for real use but very pretty in the powder room. I have that pink one in there now (thanks Jen!).

Beach Club!!!!!!!!!

I never would have thought to get the whole slab, wow! That is awesome and doesn't seem too badly priced for the whole slab.

I didn't think of it until I saw the unit price on the back of the smaller bars. So I picked up the slab and realized that there is a price on them, as well--$59.90.

I confess, I walked in to both Basin and WOD and left empty handed this trip. Like you though I did get something I saw at WOD elsewhere, Mousegears I think. For me I want to get that Visa discount so wait until I find enough stuff to make it work. or not. On that trip, with only one thing at WOD I really wanted, it wasn't worth it.

Now that you say it, Cynthia, I know I eventually got that shirt at Mousegears. It was because of some discount, and I remember that I retired the credit card after that, lol.

Ah, boys spending all their money on the first day. I know that saga well. Very cute that he bought some bath bombs. A boy after Evan's heart. On my girls F&G trip I brought Evan back a bar of handmade soap from the WS (two for me, one for him lol, it was $3 for $10) and he loved it. The girls thought it was funny a 12 year old boy would like good soap...but he does.

My son will spend all of his money the first day every time. My concern is that he someday will need a great paying job, because he wants a lot of stuff!

And at lease if the boys like soap, you know they are clean!

Reminds me to go look online at ordering some of what I bought, I really liked it! Mickey Head soap is perfect for the powder room. Not so practical for real use but very pretty in the powder room. I have that pink one in there now (thanks Jen!).

Beach Club!!!!!!!!!

We have the Mickey Head in my bathroom for looks, lol.

I can't wait to post BC pictures!

We woke up early Sunday morning. We had one place to go that morning first thing--Disney's Beach Club Resort.

Dan drove us all over, and the kids and I went to the front desk while he parked the truck. I did something that I was told not to at the Beach Club/Yacht Club thread--I checked in online.

I had only one request: A room with a full balcony.

The fact of the matter is, half of the rooms at the Beach Club have a small Juliet balcony, where maybe only one person could stand. I wanted a full balcony, but if I didn't get one, it would have been okay.

I chose to check in online, knowing that if I didn't get my one room request, I would not be going back to negotiate the room. It was 7am, though, and all I wanted was my keys, breakfast, and the Magic Kingdom.

So, when I got to the desk with my children in tow, all I was interested in was the keys.

I had to wait for someone to man the Online Check in desk. In reality, it was like 6:55 in the morning. No one really should have been there yet. A castmember found someone to help me, and slowly, my few questions about the resort were answered.

Then, she started with the spiel--the best thing is, your room is Number 2575 and it is ready.

1. My room was ready.

2. It was a second floor odd-numbered room. Recollection not being great, I was thinking, "I think that means it's a full baclony."

I called Dan to tell him to bring the truck back up to the front, where bell services was very helpful.

We got up to the second floor, put the key in the door, and. . .

June_05_2011_062.jpg

Our room, just after everything was put in.

June_05_2011_061.jpg

The bathroom.

I hear a squeal as bell services was putting everything up:

"Mama, it's a full balcony!"

June_05_2011_059.jpg

We're all up here right now!

The two things I really wanted, my room to be ready and a full balcony, were granted by Pixie dust and the Beach Club staff.

For a few minutes, I stepped out onto the balcony to take in the Garden View view I was handed:

June_05_2011_057.jpg

Straight ahead

June_05_2011_056.jpg

To the Right

June_05_2011_058.jpg

To the left.

Now, having stayed at POR many many times, can I just share, that this would be a water view by their standards?

I was very pleased.

And I was home. Only two things to say here:

1. "Bazinga!"

2. "This is my spot."

Coming up: Can we really make it to Rope Drop?

Can't wait to hear more! Staying at Beach Club for my Birthday in October, Hope you left some pixie dust for me.

Wow! I'm so glad you got the room you wanted, with your full balcony. That's some fancy tie dye on that full balcony. ;)

I love the Beach Club. It's so beautiful. And I don't think I've ever seen pictures of the renovated rooms, they're very nice. :thumbsup2

Yeah, for your room being ready and for the full balcony with the awesome views!

Even though you didn't listen. Tsk! Tsk!

First pictures stolen: room views

Sane people collect coins or stamps. I collect room views at the BC and YC.

AWESOME room views!!! A full balcony is my one request for our upocoming trip, as well, and this will also be our first time at Deluxe. We're so excited and your pictures are just adding to that! :goodvibes Thanks for sharing them.

Can't wait to hear more! Staying at Beach Club for my Birthday in October, Hope you left some pixie dust for me.

I hope so, as well.

Wow! I'm so glad you got the room you wanted, with your full balcony. That's some fancy tie dye on that full balcony. ;)

LOL, I can't remember where I got it from. Actually, didn't it come out so good?

I love the Beach Club. It's so beautiful. And I don't think I've ever seen pictures of the renovated rooms, they're very nice. :thumbsup2

The room was very comfortable--more than enough space for the five of us.

Yeah, for your room being ready and for the full balcony with the awesome views!

Even though you didn't listen. Tsk! Tsk!

First pictures stolen: room views

Sane people collect coins or stamps. I collect room views at the BC and YC.

LOL, I'm sorry I didn't listen, but there was Pixie dust on me. Plus I knew I'd be there very early, and I thought the chances were greater my room would be ready and I'd get my request if I did online checkin. I think I was the first person to check in that morning.

And steal away! I have some great photos of SAB late at night and with ducks in the sandy area.

AWESOME room views!!! A full balcony is my one request for our upocoming trip, as well, and this will also be our first time at Deluxe. We're so excited and your pictures are just adding to that! :goodvibes Thanks for sharing them.

You are welcome! This was our first deluxe stay, and throughout you will find out why the Beach Club spoiled us.

Subbing In!

I have been away from the boards for almost 5 months, PDTD (post Disney trip depression)! Got on tonight and saw, "Bazinga", I was hooked, most favorite show EVER! Thanks for helping me get out of my funk!

I was having a hard time picturing what you meant about a full balcony opposed to the other but as soon as I looked at the one picture I totally got it:thumbsup2 I would want a full balcony too! What an awesome view from your room...I could just imagine early morning out there with a coffee in hand.....:cloud9:

So glad you got the room you wanted! That full balcony is really gorgeous, especially with that great view. I love the "this is my spot" reference at the end:laughing:

I have to tell you, I get the biggest kick out of seeing people in my tie dye. I just love how bright the colors are, and...I don't know. People are wearing my art! You know? It's awesome. I'm glad everyone like them so much, especially your hubbie, the hard to please. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!