Baseline Tap House?New HS bar ?... Really ?

I am hoping it is more snack oriented than full meal oriented. It would be lovely to have another place to have a sandwich or small plate with a beverage at the park. Dining habits are changing and I think guests will embrace consuming smaller portions more frequently than sitting down for meatloaf and fried chicken at lunch time. Eventually it will be a full day park again. I am wondering how and if it will fit into the dining plan.

Well , the reason I feel to go to WDW is to experience unique shows and attractions that you can't anywhere else . This addition is not something that will enhance the park experience for most people . It is not a unique experience that you can only find at WDW . The bottom line is everything is not for everyone and we all will do what we enjoy and makes us happy . My point is that I believe there is something else , something better they could've put in this area that could be enjoyed by all and that Disney is slowly making alcohol more accessible in the parks , and that is not a good thing .
I think having craft beer and California wines on tap is something pretty unique compared to other theme parks, and it will draw in plenty of people. I just showed this news to DH who's very excited about it, as am I.

I am hoping it is more snack oriented than full meal oriented. It would be lovely to have another place to have a sandwich or small plate with a beverage at the park. Dining habits are changing and I think guests will embrace consuming smaller portions more frequently than sitting down for meatloaf and fried chicken at lunch time. Eventually it will be a full day park again. I am wondering how and if it will fit into the dining plan.

It is.

"If you’re feeling peckish, try one of the small bites, including a Bavarian pretzel with mustard and beer-cheese fondue, spiced almonds or a charcuterie board featuring California cheeses."

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...and-avenue-area-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Can we do a quid pro quo? Disney gets rid of the bars and adult beverages, and Vegas eliminates the Disney-fied shows and "family entertainment" that are ruining my drinking and gambling out there?

I agree with the comments above - Disney is realizing (as well it should) that there are significant numbers of adult guests who visit the parks without kids and who would like to have adult options. Those options aren't detracting from the overall family atmosphere or changing the character of the parks. No one really goes to WDW to get drunk - particularly for what it costs for a single drink (disclaimer: there is the exception for Drinking Around the World in the WP, and I know there's a lot of pearl-clutching about that topic). Disney wants to provide those adult guests with their own experience, too. I think we can all coexist.

I'll also add that, as a solo traveler on occasion, the bars and lounges are perfect for me (and I don't soak up any of those ADRs that families want). As soon as I get to AK in a few weeks for my next solo trip, you'll find me sitting at the Dawa Bar with a bloody mary enjoying the Harambe drummers. I mean, I COULD go grab a slice at Pizzafari and nibble it in the corner by myself - but that doesn't exactly sound like the best way to kick off my visit (disclaimer: even the QS options in AK sell alcohol - it's not like someone even needs to find a bar if they want a drink).

A bar is easy to build and will attract the original fans from the '70s. Wait until the Star Wars resort opens.

Looks good to me! Studios could use a place to get a good beer (not one of the two or three mass-market domestics Disney sells everywhere) and a light bite. I still hate that Writer's Stop is gone but as far as something else going into that space, this seems like a perfect fit. It is too small for a ride or anything that would draw a crowd, but just the right size for a cozy lounge whose audience is limited both by being geared towards adults and presumably not on the dining plans.

Guess I'm on my own on this one . I just don't think what the parks need are more places to get a drink .

Not necessarily on your own. I have no objection to people having the occasional drink, so long as they aren't "tipsy", but I absolutely hate being in line during the summer heat with people who are sweating the alcohol out through their pores. It smells like vomit! :crazy2: Personally I feel the best balance was when the resorts sold alcohol but the parks didn't. But we are definitely in the minority - at least around here . . .

I always think with new bars if you don't like the idea of it, you're probably Not it's intended demographic. But there is alway other fun stuff to please everyone :earboy2:

My Husband doesn't drink so this new bar probably won't be on his to do list, but I do :thumbsup2 and if it has an interesting drinks menu especially something that's not available in other locations I will definitely give it a go :drinking1

I am actually happy about it... and I don't even drink! More options are always a good thing and it looks like this place will also have some nice snacks for the non drinkers.

I think it sounds great. As a more frequent solo traveler I tend to enjoy getting appetizers and a drink for dinner. I ate at the Wave bar, Tune In Lounge, and Nomad lounge my last trip

I can only guess that perhaps you're thinking from the perspective of a family trip with small children

And yet plenty of us who took or take trips with small children have no issues with having a beer.

It is not a unique experience that you can only find at WDW .

So if you're defining unique experience by what you can get in the space, then perhaps they shouldn't serve food either? I can get food anywhere, and for cheaper! (And I often do)

I don't drink and I don't remember the last time DH drank an alcoholic beverage at WDW and I think a tap bar is a good idea for DHS. Especially if the food offerings are good because DHS really lack in this area.

No issues whatsoever. I would have enjoyed more options like this when our children were younger. Only the last year or so have DH and I regularly been able to go out at home for a beverage. Before that it was a vacation treat and an excellent educational opportunity for our kids. We can have a drink or two responsibily as we won't be driving, we are on vacation relaxing and don't have to worry about the hundred things at home, etc. Last trip our kids parked us at the Splitsville patio at DS and DH and I sat there for four hours. Adult beverages the entire time. And we were not drunken fools. We had lunch with the kids, they went to DQ and shopping. DH and I had a few drinks. Then desserts. More drinks. We people watched. More drinks. Listened to the strummer. More drinks. Asked a young couple to sit with us when tables ran out and enjoyed chatting with them. We kept the drinks coming and made sure to tip over 100% of the bill since we keep the table so long. This is also why we offered seats to the other couple, so the waiter wouldn't lose money. The point of my rambling is that I would enjoy doing the same thing in the parks and think even more so in ten years or so when I take the grandkids and kids.

And yet plenty of us who took or take trips with small children have no issues with having a beer.

Yes, I was not intending to imply that you can't enjoy a beer with children along. (I have a pub room in my home and travel just to visit new breweries, so I'm certainly not anti-beer)

I was just trying to figure out what perspective the OP was coming from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter