Baseline Tap House?New HS bar ?... Really ?

Because there are a lot more kids riding the buses than passengers who are sick because they've have had too much to drink, it was more likely to be a kid.
True true. My mom still tells the monorail puke story when we go to Disney, even though it was over 20 years ago. I'll never live it down lol. :stitch2:

I like the bar. I'm there now. We are sitting on the patio, people watching. There's an ok beer selection and some light pub snacks. They're playing Post Modern Jukebox. It's quite pleasant.

Last edited:

I really enjoyed it. A nice place to stop as so much in HS has been closed. They had a nice selection of beer, nothing special, but good. My wife who doesn't like beer, didn't have as many options. Still a nice place to visit. will definitely return in the spring.

I mean, I love the kid stuff, and I would not have gone to WDW if I didn't have kids, but I was really happy to find that there are a load of things to appeal to adults too. And that includes alcohol. No, I am not sitting around getting totally pissed, while in charge of kids, but, I am on holiday, and Disney does provide transport, so, the odd cocktail or craft beer, why not?

I really enjoyed it. A nice place to stop as so much in HS has been closed. They had a nice selection of beer, nothing special, but good. My wife who doesn't like beer, didn't have as many options. Still a nice place to visit. will definitely return in the spring.
My only issue was the small range of offerings. A Tap House typically has way more taps/beers than they have there. At least ours do here. I suppose they wouldn't have enough clientele to have a huge range, they wouldn't go through beef fast enough but still think they could have upped it a bit more than they did. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stop there. We'll head back. I hope they rotate the beers

I was just disappointed that there weren't more food options there. They need better food at HS so if that comes in pub form, I'm fine with it. I don't go on family vacations to drink, but with the 2018 dining plan, I will be partaking sometimes.

I was just disappointed that there weren't more food options there. They need better food at HS so if that comes in pub form, I'm fine with it. I don't go on family vacations to drink, but with the 2018 dining plan, I will be partaking sometimes.
I can see that but based on what we have in our local Tap Houses, it's right in line. It's not pub food, they are a step below, if you can think of it that way. Ours here don't serve food to speak of either. Menu is very similar to what they offer at HS, just more choices. Multiple flavors of nuts, for instance. It takes adjusting to going to a location just for drinks, not food. We are old and set in our ways so we rarely head to the Tap House unless it's because we plan to eat at the restaurant that's near by and we grab beers while waiting on our table.

The thing that bothers me is that I still don't fully understand how its supposed to transition to Star Wars GE. That's my only issue. Aside from that I think its a good idea. There are 2? nice-ish places to sit down and relax and have a beer/wine/cocktail and Tune In/Prime Time has limited seating and so does Brown Derby Lounge. More than just the appeal of alcohol its nice to be able to sit down and relax so I'm all for adding another lounge.

I understand OP's concern about adding yet another place to buy alcohol. I'm fine with it in the parks where casually drinking is already a thing but I personally wouldn't want to see any lounges or beer carts in MK. If you would to have a drink at MK then book a reservation at the table services for dinner and lets leave it at that.

The thing that bothers me is that I still don't fully understand how its supposed to transition to Star Wars GE. That's my only issue.
I guess this area is outside the Star Wars area, not part of it.
If I understand it right, the buildings had to be left in place due to the screens at SciFi.
Since they couldn't take these down they evidently decided to refurbish them and leave them as they were vs. trying to redo them to something for Star Wars GE

It is what it is. Booze IS a major cash cow especially with the prices Disney charges. During our 1st 3 trips did I see anyone drunk and just a bit tipsy No. During our last trip I saw girls in EPCOT who were seriously drunk. Was I offended or bothered? No and I got to see something special. I got to see just how fast and efficient Disney security is when 2 girls decide to that they are going to skinny dip at EPCOT. They barely started the undress thing and there were 7 or 8 people around them so fast and behind those gates where M&G's are they went. I would like to see them limit booze at the Magic Kingdom but that's just me. I quit drinking years ago when I made platoon sgt.

Was I offended or bothered? No and I got to see something special. I got to see just how fast and efficient Disney security is when 2 girls decide to that they are going to skinny dip at EPCOT. They barely started the undress thing and there were 7 or 8 people around them so fast and behind those gates where M&G's are they went.

Awesome. Watching their security in motion is amazing.

I'm absolutely THRILLED to hear of it. If they even come close to offering a craft brew assortment (I'm from Seattle, so that bar is exceptionally high), then I'm there. Good times.

I'm absolutely THRILLED to hear of it. If they even come close to offering a craft brew assortment (I'm from Seattle, so that bar is exceptionally high), then I'm there. Good times.

It’s just so unlikely. :)

I’d rather grab a cab and go to Orlando brewing, which is an organic brewery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!