Baseline Tap House?New HS bar ?... Really ?

Can we do a quid pro quo? Disney gets rid of the bars and adult beverages, and Vegas eliminates the Disney-fied shows and "family entertainment" that are ruining my drinking and gambling out there?

I agree with the comments above - Disney is realizing (as well it should) that there are significant numbers of adult guests who visit the parks without kids and who would like to have adult options. Those options aren't detracting from the overall family atmosphere or changing the character of the parks. No one really goes to WDW to get drunk - particularly for what it costs for a single drink (disclaimer: there is the exception for Drinking Around the World in the WP, and I know there's a lot of pearl-clutching about that topic). Disney wants to provide those adult guests with their own experience, too. I think we can all coexist.

I'll also add that, as a solo traveler on occasion, the bars and lounges are perfect for me (and I don't soak up any of those ADRs that families want). As soon as I get to AK in a few weeks for my next solo trip, you'll find me sitting at the Dawa Bar with a bloody mary enjoying the Harambe drummers. I mean, I COULD go grab a slice at Pizzafari and nibble it in the corner by myself - but that doesn't exactly sound like the best way to kick off my visit (disclaimer: even the QS options in AK sell alcohol - it's not like someone even needs to find a bar if they want a drink).
The Dawa Bar is my favorite AK spot. A visit to DB signals the start of my AK adventure

The Dawa bar, Nomad Lounge, Brown Derby Lounge and Hangar bar are some of my favorite places in Disney! MK really is lacking in something like this-a place to get a snack, hang out and people watch.
For the last Star Wars weekends they had the Rebel hangar where you could get specialty beverages and small plate appetizers and characters would roam (Storm troopers, chewbacca, cantina band etc)-All the parks need more experiences like that-themed to the land. Dawa bar may be closest with the Harambe entertainers.

Actually I just really miss Adventurers Club....

The Dawa bar, Nomad Lounge, Brown Derby Lounge and Hangar bar are some of my favorite places in Disney! MK really is lacking in something like this-a place to get a snack, hang out and people watch.
For the last Star Wars weekends they had the Rebel hangar where you could get specialty beverages and small plate appetizers and characters would roam (Storm troopers, chewbacca, cantina band etc)-All the parks need more experiences like that-themed to the land. Dawa bar may be closest with the Harambe entertainers.

I think Skippers Canteen would make an excellent place to enjoy a cocktail.

I have no objections.:) I enjoy drinks at WDW but for whatever reason it's limited to Epcot and my resort. OK...and the pool bar.:beach:

As to those concerned about over consuming, I think there is very, very little of that due to cost alone. I can't fathom what it would cost to get stupid drunk at Disney prices

That is exactly what I was thinking. DH and I have gone to Disney every year for the last 8 years (our trips are usually 5-6 days long) and I have never seen anyone "drunk" on any of these trips. We even go during Food and Wine and still haven't.

A Mickey Martini or Minnie Margarita.
ZSFk6E8.jpg

I actually think they should add even one more. A duplicate of the the Carthy Circle Lounge from DL. Yes, I know a DL fan is going to beat me up in an alley for suggesting one more thing should be copied at WDW that is from DL but that place is AWESOME and would be a good fit in DHS. It almost always has a line, it has a quiet low key elegant vibe and I think it should go where Starring Rolls used to be and would fit in nicely with the Brown Derby.

If you frequent the lounge at Prime Time you know getting a seat at the bar is very hard to do. My DH and I now that we can take trips just the two of us love that spot and it is almost always busy even though the park itself isn't. There is definitely demand for another lounge/bar. I love the outside lounge at BD but there isn't enough seating in the shade.

DH and I have gone to Disney every year for the last 8 years (our trips are usually 5-6 days long) and I have never seen anyone "drunk" on any of these trips. We even go during Food and Wine and still haven't.
That tells me that you're not at WDW enough. You need to crank up that credit card and come more often. Kidding aside, I see it on a regular basis at Epcot, DHS and AK. More so at the F&W on a Friday or Saturday night.

One of our very best "lounge" experiences. We ordered enough plates that it was a meal for us, drinks were great and loved the SW light up "cubes". Would love to see something like this in SWL.

One of our very best "lounge" experiences. We ordered enough plates that it was a meal for us, drinks were great and loved the SW light up "cubes". Would love to see something like this in SWL.
It wasn't star wars but we made a lunch out of small plates at brown derby lounge today. Well that and several beers

It wasn't star wars but we made a lunch out of small plates at brown derby lounge today. Well that and several beers

YUP, we've done that too. As a matter of fact it is becoming a habit as we really enjoy doing the small plate food better than many TS meals. We hit lounges but we even do it at TS, loved our table of appetizers at Marrakesh and some Casa beers.

I think it is a nice addition-what would make it an awesome addition would be the addition of LIVE Sports ON TVS in there!:)

Do you think The Mouse will ever break with the "Tradition" of keeping the "real" world out of the Parks and allow TVs showing Sports in the Bars(Rose & Crown Pub would be awesome with a few TVs showing the Premier League!).

I doubt it will ever happen,BUT I doubted that alcohol would ever be allowed in Magic Kingdom also.:)

The one time I ever got stupid drunk was at Club Villain, but it's their fault for having the drinks included in the price (and my fault for not eating much during the day). I will say the Queen of Hearts and I were best friends by the end of the experience and I may have cried a bit when we had to leave.

Attachments

• A0545F30-4C55-4DEC-BB0B-EB32C75D4CC3.jpg
    A0545F30-4C55-4DEC-BB0B-EB32C75D4CC3.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
We've done that at BD, love the lounge experiences. I may be a collector of the light up "cubes'...came home with the derby hat (and the seed from the Pandora drink), plus I have all the star wars ones...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter