Bad experience with stroller being moved

Bork

Goofy about Disney
We rented from Disney. Yes, it was expensive, but DD3 loved riding in it for the most part, unlike at home where she hates strollers. But I really hate how strollers are moved. Most times, you can find it right away, but not this one time.

It was late afternoon in the MK and it was raining pretty good for most of the day. We park the stroller near the Peoplemover and leave our ponchos on it. We go ride the Peoplemover, CoP and Buzz. Now we're ready to head to dinner, but we can't find our stroller. Another family is in the same boat. It's pouring rain, we have no ponchos and we're walking all over Tomorrowland trying to find our stroller. CMs moving strollers have no clue. Not by CoP. Not by Monsters Inc or Stitch. Not anywhere around Rocketower plaza. A manager helps look. No luck. After a half hour, we're soaking wet. Manager says they'll have to contact security to try and find it, but no guarantees that they'll replace our ponchos.

He goes off to call security. I make one more loop around Tomorrowland. Finally found it way over by Merchant of Venus, where the other family's stroller was. Soaked, tired, frustrated and hungry, we finally were able to get dinner.

In my experience if you leave the stroller in a stroller parking area, they do not move it from that parking area. They only move it within the parking area. Usually to put them closer together and make room for others. If it changed actual stroller parking locations, I think another guest may have used the stroller and left it at the other location.

Your post said you left it "near peoplemover" but didn't say you left it in a stroller parking area.

I have had an experience with a wheelchair being moved. My daughter has Down syndrome and gets very tired from walking so we always get her a chair at all the parks. She can walk but it makes our lives a lot easier

We went to the castle for dinner and left the chair where they told us to. When we finished dinner the chair was gone although several other wheelchairs were still there. When we asked about it we were told it had been moved across the plaza to a spot across from the carousel. With no good reason given. By that time the plaza area was completely blocked off from the castle because they were getting ready for fireworks. And security would not let my husband get the chair. We were basically told we would need to wait until the fireworks were over to get the chair. As you might guess my husband got a little nuts, demanded a manager and very loudly said that if they didn't send someone to get the chsir, they would need to arrest him because he intended to go get it. Someone eventually went to get it.

It was ridiculous to move it to begin with since it was their own chair and could have been easily folded if they needed more room. But my bigger concern was that they just arbitrarily moved it without any concern about the person using it. What if my daughter really did need it to walk? What would we have done then...carry her around?

It was just crazy. I did write a letter to Disney customer service and eventually got an apology note.

I have had an experience with a wheelchair being moved. My daughter has Down syndrome and gets very tired from walking so we always get her a chair at all the parks. She can walk but it makes our lives a lot easier

We went to the castle for dinner and left the chair where they told us to. When we finished dinner the chair was gone although several other wheelchairs were still there. When we asked about it we were told it had been moved across the plaza to a spot across from the carousel. With no good reason given. By that time the plaza area was completely blocked off from the castle because they were getting ready for fireworks. And security would not let my husband get the chair. We were basically told we would need to wait until the fireworks were over to get the chair. As you might guess my husband got a little nuts, demanded a manager and very loudly said that if they didn't send someone to get the chsir, they would need to arrest him because he intended to go get it. Someone eventually went to get it.

It was ridiculous to move it to begin with since it was their own chair and could have been easily folded if they needed more room. But my bigger concern was that they just arbitrarily moved it without any concern about the person using it. What if my daughter really did need it to walk? What would we have done then...carry her around?

It was just crazy. I did write a letter to Disney customer service and eventually got an apology note.

That's awful. I don't understand why they moved it! What if your daughter needed it like you say or did not like the fireworks and you had timed it so you could quickly exit before they started. I have had this too. Once they placed it out of the place they told us to leave it in the shelter and exposed it to the rain. My powerchair without a cover worth thousands of dollars and I can only walk a few steps!

I don't understand why they move your stroller either! You would not get in somebodies car and move it to a different parking bay.

Your post said you left it "near peoplemover" but didn't say you left it in a stroller parking area.

Stroller parking is not well defined in tomorrowland. There are designated areas by Stich and Monster's Inc. But if you are going on the Peoplemover or Astro Orbitor, there is really no defined space and strollers are everywhere. I understand why strollers can't be left everywhere, but I don't understand why it would be moved way on the other side of tommorowland.

I don't understand why they move your stroller either! You would not get in somebodies car and move it to a different parking bay.
yes but people don't just park a car in a no parking zone and not expect to be ticketed or towed. If Disney did not have stroller parking and enforce it, strollers would be left everywhere and would probably cause difficulties with entering and exiting attractions because everyone would want to be neat one of those places. If you park in a stroller parking area, your stroller will be in that area when you return. If you don't, well, then you better start looking.

yes but people don't just park a car in a no parking zone and not expect to be ticketed or towed. If Disney did not have stroller parking and enforce it, strollers would be left everywhere and would probably cause difficulties with entering and exiting attractions because everyone would want to be neat one of those places. If you park in a stroller parking area, your stroller will be in that area when you return. If you don't, well, then you better start looking.

I see. Then that makes sense with strollers. I didn't realise there were parking areas for them. But with wheelchairs they tell you where to place it then often move it!

Stroller parking is not well defined in tomorrowland. There are designated areas by Stich and Monster's Inc. But if you are going on the Peoplemover or Astro Orbitor, there is really no defined space and strollers are everywhere. I understand why strollers can't be left everywhere, but I don't understand why it would be moved way on the other side of tommorowland.

Those designated areas by Stitch and monsters ARE the defined areas...if you park your stroller anywhere that isn't designated stroller parking they will likely move it. If they let the masses with strollers leave them wherever was convenient it would be chaos. Astro Orbitor and People mover really aren't that far of a walk to the stroller parking.

If it was not in a designated stroller parking area then you can't get too upset when its moved.

Not every attraction has enough space to have a designated stroller area so sometimes you do have to leave it a bit further away than you'd like.

That's kinda just how it is.

Sorry it took you a long time to find it while it was raining.

How do you know it was a CM that moved it? It could have easily been a park guest who borrowed your stroller for a bit.

I went on the PeopleMover, and left my own personal Quickie model manual wheelchair by the strollers right where you get on the escalator/moving walkway to go up on the ride. When I came down. My wheelchair had been moved. But, I didn't know where because I couldn't find it. I was hanging onto my significant other Dan Haugen because my back was ready to give out on me, and my legs were trembling. We finally found it parked a ways away. But, by that time. I was in a lot of pain. I have scoliosis in the moderate to severe range as well as osteoarthritis. It made me panic for a minutes because I thought someone had walked off with it thinking it was theirs.

When you found it was it in a stroller parking area?

I think 1 of 2 things happened. Either a CM found it parked in an area that wasn't designated stroller parking and moved it to a stroller parking area. Or someone "borrowed" it to get their kid to Merchant of Venus where it was dry.

You do know that there are people who don't pay fro stroller rental, just help themselves to one they find parked knowing that if your rental goes missing and you have the receipt that they will issue you another.

I'm also pretty sure that WDW tells you they aren't responsible for things left in strollers.

They always move strollers. Even personal strollers. It is one of the reasons I find strollers a hindrance. It seems like you waste so much time looking for it.

Our stroller and the other family's stroller were found in a stroller parking area outside Merchant of Venus. That would seem to indicate that a CM moved them. But that means they walked past the stroller parking areas by Monster's Inc and Stitch to move them there from the Peoplemover load area. We made sure to use stroller parking areas after this, but it was still a mystery why they would be moved so far. And that none of the CMs had any clue where to look.

Our stroller and the other family's stroller were found in a stroller parking area outside Merchant of Venus. That would seem to indicate that a CM moved them. But that means they walked past the stroller parking areas by Monster's Inc and Stitch to move them there from the Peoplemover load area. We made sure to use stroller parking areas after this, but it was still a mystery why they would be moved so far. And that none of the CMs had any clue where to look.

They could have gone around the Astro Orbitor towards Merchant of Venus and not gone pass the Laugh Floor/Stitch stroller parking. Thinking about the lay out it is actually fairly easy to get to Merchant of Venus with out going to the Laugh Floor/Stitch which are at the hub entrance of Tomorrowland where as People mover is smack in the middle.

Not a mystery at all.
It was likely that the closer stroller parking areas were filled.
This weekend was very crowded at MK if that's when this happened.
As for CM's not knowing where your particular stroller was put... How would they know it was YOUR stroller they moved especially when it was a Disney stroller and not a ;personal stroller that could have been easily described?
Looks like you got the point in the end that strollers do not belong where ever you feel like leaving them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter